JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard on the radio yesterday that Portland has had a rash of armed robberies of marijuana dispensaries. These have been timed to coincide with the downtown riots so the police are engaged elsewhere. The businesses are limited in what they can do to defend themselves due to a prohibition on having firearms on site. Of course the robbers don't follow that law! ;) The businesses report that the police did not respond to their 911 calls.

Be prepared for more of this kind of action. :eek:

Agree, it's crazy not to let these workers arm themselves just because of some arbitrary laws rooted in the racism of the Great Depression.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Portland has had a rash of armed robberies of marijuana dispensaries. These have been timed to coincide with the downtown riots so the police are engaged elsewhere. The businesses are limited in what they can do to defend themselves due to a prohibition on having firearms on site. Of course the robbers don't follow that law! ;) The businesses report that the police did not respond to their 911 calls.

Be prepared for more of this kind of action. :eek:
Before these were "legally established businesses", these people were dirtbags who got their stash from cartels and the like and sold it to kids. Now that they're "legitimate" (whatever), I really don't have any sympathy due to their legacy and the deaths and overdoses associated with it. So if the cops don't show up , lol. Yes, I'm painting with a broad brush but IDGAF when it comes to drug dealers, legal (whatever) or not. Sympathy...less than zero.

Edit: Yes, somebody peed in my Wheaties this morning.

I think any legitimate business ought to get quick response from the LE. If they don't, the city leaders suck! Period!

As far as people who smoke pot every day, several times a day, they're just dopers. Pretty much the same a boozers who drink every day all day, and or get stoopid drunk every time they drink.

Sometimes I think half the people on the roads in potland are stoned stoopid.

I think any legitimate business ought to get quick response from the LE. If they don't, the city leaders suck! Period!

As far as people who smoke pot every day, several times a day, they're just dopers. Pretty much the same a boozers who drink every day all day, and or get stoopid drunk every time they drink.

Sometimes I think half the people on the roads in potland are stoned stoopid.

Yup.

Before these were "legally established businesses", these people were dirtbags who got their stash from cartels and the like and sold it to kids. Now that they're "legitimate" (whatever), I really don't have any sympathy due to their legacy and the deaths and overdoses associated with it. So if the cops don't show up , lol. Yes, I'm painting with a broad brush but IDGAF when it comes to drug dealers, legal (whatever) or not. Sympathy...less than zero.

Any time you lump people up into groups your wrong not all poeple who smoke pot are dirt bags just like all people who own guns arnt murderers. Death and overdoses lol they are selling pot not heroin.

Last Edited:
Honestly, yeah. I don't have to explain Liquor ads to my kid like I do with Danks Wonder Emporium after each of their commercialS in between her Peppa Pig videos.

There's lots of things on TV I wouldn't want to explain to a child.

Deaths and overdoses? I hate to break it to you, but alcohol kills WAY MORE people than pot. By a huge margin. And yet, nobody has a problem with it. Many here talk all the time about what they like to drink, and I know for a fact there's plenty of drunk posting going on too but that's all ok I guess. Pot though, that's where so many draw the line. Seems hypocritical to me. Both substances are legal here in OR and WA yet pot is a "drug" and alcohol is just having a couple drinks and relaxing.

I personally live a sober life, but I have zero problem with anyone who wants to drink or consume THC. As long as it's responsibly, go for it. I don't think just because the OP is a dispensary that it makes it ok to not want justice or even be "glad" they got robbed at gunpoint. Ok, maybe not glad but having zero sympathy for a legal business getting robbed at gunpoint.

I can't stand the weed subculture on either side of the isle either.

But, just like lots of things that people who are in public service hate, it really doesn't matter. You provide the service. Doesn't mean you have to like it or feel bad for them.

I can't stand people that hate pot but get drunk off their arses all the time.

I see alcohol as way more dangerous. Alcoholism runs deep in my family, my dad had two sub human drunks for parents and i heard all the stories of terrible abuse he had to endure like coming home as a small kid and not recognizing the beat up pulp in the living room as your mom, running for his life from his drunk abusive father over and over before he left home at 13 to make his own way, my half sister drank herself to death at 39. My dad never touched the stuff. I almost fell into the same trap but im glad my dad lived long enough to see me quit. Pot im my mind is a pretty benign substance in comparison.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads