JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am pretty sure that God is PRO 2A!! :D

I would say that this is divided from the Christian faith unless we're talking about the trickle down long term effects of neutering the population. We have our basic rights and need the ability to defend them. The Book does talk about "not living by the sword". I suppose this could be used as a way to support giving up personal rights to modern day "swords".

Regardless, a church group going into politics is almost never good. It's just another ridiculous controversial thing to get people more divided with each other.

As a Christian, I belive "Rev" W. J. Mark Knutson needs to shut his face unless he is personally willing to go door to door and preach his message of give up your guns.

He won't though.

I know a major part of this article centers around the fact that it's a church group, but lets try to leave religion out of this and focus on the ballot initiative :s0155:

Joe, the Rev is using his God card to gain traction. It's hard to separate that, but as you request...I will refrain from pointing that out any further.

We should flood his email and the voicemail of the church. Glad he is grandstanding on an item and not on the issue of bullying and mental health which is part of the reason these shootings have happened.

Maybe reminding him of Stephen Willeford who USED an AR-15 to end the threat when First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs Texas had an active shooter last year...

So, they want to put this on the ballot in November. Couple of thoughts on that - first, we now have a SOS that's going to accurately count those petition signatures - not just let it slide by. They had better be careful to do things by the book. Second, it would be interesting to actually see what the voters have to say about this. We're constantly told the majority of Oregonians support such things - well, with a ballot measure, we would get a more accurate accounting of that claim.

The fact that this is a church group, in Portland, does not surprise me in the least. I have some pretty strong opinions about folks like this, but out of respect for Joe's wishes, you can just guess what I think about them.

But, there's another nugget of information in that article that may even be more disturbing. They mention a number from the Pew Research group that 68% of Americans support a ban on 'assault weapons'. Now, if this is actually true, (and given the huge smackdown given to all pollsters who completely blew the 2016 election I am leery of any poll) then there have to be gun owners that also support this. So I clicked on the link to the actual poll results and what I see is quite disturbing.

I'm not so much surprised at non gun owners supporting this stuff, but look at the number of gun owners that support it - in some cases, over 50% of gun owners are shown to support these things. Almost half of gun owners, if the poll is to be believed, support a ban on 'assault rifles'. I don't buy that - if that were true, AR's wouldn't have been flying off the shelves in record numbers for the past years. Either way, here are the numbers, judge for yourself:

54% of gun owners support a national registry database?
48% of gun owners support banning 'assault style weapons'?
44% of gun owners support banning 'high capacity magazines'?

PewPewPew.JPG

Either way, ballot measure or no, unless the voters of Oregon overturn the Democrat majority in Salem, we will be powerless to stop her supreme highness and her buddies in the house and senate from going after us full steam.

GUN BAN BALLOT MEASURE ANNOUNCED - Oregon Firearms Federation

Anti civil rights groups are meeting tonight to launch a ballot measure to ban modern firearms and feeding devices.

The far left Augustana Lutheran Church will be the location for the kick off.

The church is run by militant anti-gun activist Mark Knutson and describes itself as "a thriving, multicultural, multinational, welcoming and affirming, sanctuary, servant congregation".

Those of you who remember the ballot measure to ban bear and cougar hunting with dogs, or the ballot measure to outlaw the private sales of firearms at gun shows will recall the shameless lies the anti-gun side told to con ignorant voters into giving up their rights.

Millions in out of state money was spent and there was no end to the misleading visuals on wall-to-wall TV ads. (During the ballot measure to ban private sales of firearms, Senator John McCain cut numerous anti-gun ads while complaining about the effect of out of state money on politics.)

The extremists promoting this confiscation attempt are hoping to capitalize on the wave of anti-rights protests by school children being orchestrated by Bloomberg funded operatives.

As you know, ballot measures are largely won in Multnomah County. Rest assured the anti-gun establishment there (including Bloomberg stooge Sheriff Mike Reese) will throw its weight behind this effort.

The plan is to make Oregon as much like California as possible. The potential of this ballot measure is impossible to calculate. In states with these kinds of bans, there has been massive non compliance but a massive loss of freedom.

It is essential that you inform every gun owner, and every potential gun owner that this dangerous initiative is in the works. Make sure every person you know who believes in freedom is registered to vote and is paying attention.

Voter turnout is essential. We cannot allow Multnomah County to, once again, rob us of our rights.

Please get the word out. And understand, this is going to be a very expensive battle and our opponents have billionaires in their pockets.

All we have is you. Please consider helping us fund this fight. You can do that here.

One's liberty shall extend without limits, only ending at the point where that liberty begins to infringe upon the liberty of another.

That church should be stripped of their non-profit status for so much as suggesting a reduction in the individual liberties of another law abiding person.

Isn't this the same church group that stood with her last year when they promised the exact same thing? IMO using a church to push legislation is virtue signalling a moral high ground and is disingenuous.

I expect this to make it to the ballot as I'm sure there will be ample Bloombux available to get it there. Gun owners in Oregon need to go on an all out PR campaign to offset the no doubt emotional argument that will be sure of twisted "facts" to back it up. I have no doubt that if we the people fend this off at the ballot box it will be Emergency Legislation® next February.

This is bad. A ballot measure will probably pass, because most people are ignorant about guns and easily lead with scare tactics. Pro-gunners can't really do that, the only pro-gun scare tactic is the self-defense one, and it doesn't work with most people, who are unwilling to run the mental exercise of being attacked.

Here's hoping it fails to make the ballot, or, if it does, that there's a valid legal challenge to bring it down.

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him."

I've been reading Nietzsche a lot lately. Once thinking these words were a statement of satisfaction, I now understand it as a lament.

Nietzsche could see in the 1880's that Western morality based in the Judeo-Christian tradition had fractured under its own regard for seeking the truth. What would replace it was and is nihilistic ideology and with disastrous consequences as the 20th century proved. Nietzsche saw the tectonic plates of civilization gearing for a collision, and he was astoundingly correct.

Even organized religion of today has embraced postmodernism, as we can see here. It's going to get much worse than any of us suspect, this is my fear.

I'll post a link for my latest article on this topic later on.

This is just plain wrong. The religious right endured all sorts of law suits and presidential / democrat party / news media degradation as they sought to limit adverse influence in their elections. If Federal law doesn't step in to gag them or, publically strip them of tax free status as an example to all lawbreakers, it is shame on America.
What's good for one must be extended fairly to all or is just more tyrannical laws.
That shame goes double on PPS if not making an example of the little boy claimed to be on Bensen (PPS) property in the linked picture holding the sign with the picture of a gun along word gun because as PPS professes to have zero tolerance for guns and according to them "without exception" but selective policy, and or law enforcement, seems to be a way of life and why many laws, and especially more laws, are worthless as a criminal deterrent .
But it really isn't about that, is it?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR