JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
State cares not if it cannot create a registration system. You get 120 days then yer a felon. How, without physically inspecting and engraving each magazine, are they going to register unserialized components? They probably will charge an NFA type tax to register each induvidual component. And what about NFA firearms already registered with ATF? Non compliance is the way to go while trying to kill this in court if it passes. Or we go do a Bundy style sit in at the capital until the law is thrown out or SCOTUS takes up the case.

The whole registration thing is stupid let alone magazines, who assigns what number to the magazine, what kind of flaming hoops do you go thru if the feed lips crack on one??

A wild thought just crossed my mind, what if this is a false flag, what if this was thrown out there to divert our attention while secret meetings are being held behind closed doors to sucker punch and TKO gun owners during the 2019 ledislative session...

Far fetched, probably not so much. Just don't trust the vermin in the state capital...

A wild thought just crossed my mind, what if this is a false flag, what if this was thrown out there to divert our attention while secret meetings are being held behind closed doors to sucker punch and TKO gun owners during the 2019 ledislative session...

Far fetched, probably not so much. Just don't trust the vermin in the state capital...

Could be, I suppose. I don't much see the point. With the "emergency" clause in effect why waste the time? If they really want to do something, they can. Of course, it would be political suicide and the appeals would tie it all up for years. It's not THAT easy to just rule as they see fit.

They aren't coming out in droves to support this, because this is an election year. If the dems fully embraced this - and you know they want to - it would no doubt get every conservative, republican, libertarian, and gun-loving liberal out in force to kick the holy crap out of the legislature, and probably be the first time since I was 4 years old that Oregon elects a republican governor and republican controlled legislature. They may indeed bend us over and try to rape us without lube in 2019, if we can't kill the democrat majority in the senate and house.

If more of the democrats were Betsy Johnsons, and fewer Ginny Burdicks, we could get along a hell of a lot better, and sleep better at night not being so afraid of our state trying to make criminals out of all of us for doing NOTHING unlawful, except owning something they deem "bad" and scary.

I can't make this up!...

I was told today that "only hunting rifles should be legal." So my response was, "what's your definition of a hunting rifle?"

Are you ready for their answer!?

... "A rifle that's .22 caliber or smaller." :mad:

These are the type of people we are up against. It's sickening.

Starting to think that we need to do an initiative petition to end vote by mail, and go back to mandatory physical polling places except for service members on orders elsewhere who keep permanent residence in Oregon, no other exceptions. Can't make it to the polling place - you can't vote. That would cut down on the number of ignorant, lazy jackwagons who vote.

I'm a bit out of circulation at the moment so finally catching up on the entirety of this thread. Here are a few things that occur to me.

This proposal is intended entirely to muddy the waters; I really don't think the measure's backers expect it to pass. This is just to stir the pot and see what/who surfaces, get the pro 2nd Amendment people to expend valuable resources and set the stage for a future confiscation effort.

In the event this thing does pass our first recourse is the courts and afterward peaceful civil disobedience; of even a third of Oregon gun owners actively refuse to comply there is no way law enforcement could respond given present resources.

Also, break out those Garands and Mausers; start practicing good bolt operation and reloading with clips now...

Last Edited:
I can't make this up!...

I was told today that "only hunting rifles should be legal." So my response was, "what's your definition of a hunting rifle?"

Are you ready for their answer!?

... "A rifle that's .22 caliber or smaller." :mad:

These are the type of people we are up against. It's sickening.

Sure sucks for elk hunters then, eh? And don't mention that you can get a .50 caliber or larger muzzleloader without so much as a background check :D

Has anyone else tried calling the chief petitioners? I've called all three and none have returned my call, but at least we can fill up their voicemail boxes.

If you do reach one of them please keep the conversation civil and courteous. Try to identify with them and appeal to their perspective. This might be done by sharing your own religious journey, your own thoughts on celebrating ethnic and cultural diversity (if these things genuinely apply to you), or reminding Rabbi Cahana how tragic Adolph Hitler's attempted extermination of the Jews was after requiring gun registration, personal registration, and then gun confiscation so he could exterminate them without armed resistance. The request "Papers, please!" can only be asked after a registration database has been established...

I can't believe a rabbai teamed up with a pastor from a church that promoted disarming and abusing jews people in the past. The Lutheran sect that Augustana is affiliated with was pro nazi. That rabbai fails at the history of his people, and seems to want history to repeat itself.

The Oregonian is treading on thin groynd accusing Bill Post of doxing the chief petitioners - leaving out the fact that that info is public record on the Secretary of States website

Republican lawmaker posts info on supporters of plan to ban assault weapon sales in Oregon

I do not have an oregonian subs ription anymore, or I'd drop that knowledge bomb and complain to the paper about their lack of journalistic integrity.

At least they still have the comments turned on... I let them know my thoughts

I can't believe a rabbai teamed up with a pastor from a church that promoted disarming and abusing jews people in the past. The Lutheran sect that Augustana is affiliated with was pro nazi. That rabbai fails at the history of his people, and seems to want history to repeat itself.
Jews sell out other Jews like any other people. Its the good people who should be used as the standard, not the traitors.

Well since the ones seeking to pass this into law have no problem coming to your door asking you to vote for them, surely they won't have a problem being the ones who go out to collect all those evil weapons of destruction personally...

Well since the ones seeking to pass this into law have no problem coming to your door asking you to vote for them, surely they won't have a problem being the ones who go out to collect all those evil weapons of destruction personally...

That's not how the leftist masses think - they want it and somebody else provides it for them. EDIT: They only work they will do it to protest and otherwise attention whore, virtue signal, parade their "victimization", etc..

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top