JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well since the ones seeking to pass this into law have no problem coming to your door asking you to vote for them, surely they won't have a problem being the ones who go out to collect all those evil weapons of destruction personally...
Yeah right. They'll have their lackies do it. You know, the ones who have the guns, because at the end of the day they're just bullsh!tting the idiots into thinking it isn't about control. Oh its about control alright, but over the people not guns!

Those comments are disturbing. But hey, signs of the times.
See you in the FEMA camps
Nah, saw what the Japanese went through with camps. Really, I'm surprised more Asians aren't supporting the 2nd Amendment considering history.

Yeah right. They'll have their lackies do it. You know, the ones who have the guns, because at the end of the day they're just bullsh!tting the idiots into thinking it isn't about control. Oh its about control alright, but over the people not guns!

You do realize I was being a bit of a smart@zz right?;)

You do realize I was being a bit of a smart@zz right?;)
I know. I just felt like saying that it shouldn't even be called gun control anymore, they ought to just start calling it what they want from the start. They can call it "our entry into complete domination" and the idiots would still vote for this sh!t!

Well since the ones seeking to pass this into law have no problem coming to your door asking you to vote for them...

It is not elected officials doing this. This is an initiative petition that three [very misinformed] private citizens are trying to to turn into a ballot measure for a vote of the people in November. Please talk to everyone you know who might possibly reject this and share the facts with them (see below). Then encourage them to register to vote and show up at the polls if and when the time comes.

FACTS
If you encounter folks at Fred Meyer or elsewhere asking you to sign initiative petition 43 that bans "assault weapons", DO NOT SIGN IT before reading the entire 5-page text of the initiative. Their definition of "assault weapon" is extremely broad and covers pistols, rimfire rifles, and shotguns that are in common use for home defense, sport shooting, and hunting. There is also no exception for law enforcement officers when it comes to their privately owned firearms. This is a very poorly written initiative that does nothing to keep our schools safer but does much to negatively impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of responsible, law-abiding Oregonians.

A wild thought just crossed my mind, what if this is a false flag, what if this was thrown out there to divert our attention while secret meetings are being held behind closed doors to sucker punch and TKO gun owners during the 2019 ledislative session...

Far fetched, probably not so much. Just don't trust the vermin in the state capital...

I have a strong suspicion the people behind this are already in regular contact with the folks in Salem. My feeling is that perhaps this attempted ballot measure is a way for the legislature to really feel the waters for what they want to do to us during the long session in 2019. If this doesn't do well, then maybe they only go after certain things. If it goes well, but doesn't pass, just by a small margin, maybe they grab for more, thinking they have more support.

Regardless of the ballot measure's results, it will be critical to try and get as many Oregon voters to elect pro-gun candidates in every part of the state that can be won (outside of Multnomah, Lane and Marion counties), we might just have a chance to block them. Two things will have to happen - good pro-gun candidates have to run and pro-gun voters need to turn out and vote. If those to things don't happen, then I do expect a very unhappy 2019 for Oregon gun owners.

We need to gather pictures of the "Fudd" guns this initiative would ban, along with the pistols and shotguns people are commonly using for self defense.

That's not how the leftist masses think - they want it and somebody else provides it for them.
And they wonder through all these failed social experiments why Police Dept's are so over burdened. Just one more "Big Fail" for the Cops to deal with.

Two things will have to happen - good pro-gun candidates have to run and pro-gun voters need to turn out and vote. If those to things don't happen, then I do expect a very unhappy 2019 for Oregon gun owners.
Truth, Just look at Pennsylvania's latest election that Mr Lamb won. He was a Pro-gun Dem that also said he wouldn't caucus with Pelosi.

Last Edited:
I'm thinking that the tens of thousands of new pistol owners that would be effected by this just might not be recognized as voting against this measure. Anyone know how many gun owners there are in the state?

I just checked that 39.8 % of Oregon are gun owners per "Thoughtco". New handgun owners would be effected. I wonder if the 39.8 percent is an accurate measure.

I just checked that 39.8 % of Oregon are gun owners per "Thoughtco". New handgun owners would be effected. I wonder if the 39.8 percent is an accurate measure.
How was the data collected? Any Poll I respond too all polls as Joe Q Public non gun owner.

Last Edited:
That's why they'll never have a good handle on how many of us there really are...

We have to get out the vote to defeat any attempts at further infringement.

I'd like to see the state capital flipped to republican for awhile
Needs to happen in WA too...

Truth, Just look at Pennsylvania's latest election that Mr Lamb won. He was a Pro-gun Dem that also said he wouldn't caucus with Pelosi.

It will be interesting to see how "pro gun" he really is - his voting record will mean more than anything he's said or promised.

I've proposed before that if the Democrat party were to take up gun rights like they did some years ago, they'd probably win a lot of center and left pro-gun folks. I think it was a mistake for the Dems to go anti-gun in the first place. Of course the hard-left want guns gone for good, but more center 'traditional' liberals could vote for Democrats that address their social concerns but also support the 2A that they do. I don't know that they'll ever understand this as the Democrat party is heavily populated right now with anti-gun leftists. Maybe if they lose a few big elections and some new blood enter the party, that could change.

I don't know, what's happening right now isn't working, so I'm trying to think of any possible way to help change the flood of attacks on our rights.

Join the Facebook group "Oregonians Against The "Assault Weapons" Ban"
It has almost 47,000 members already. Bill Posts reports getting threats
against himself and family members since joining. We all need to band together!

Last Edited:
If you folks have a moment, the link below is to a poll KGW news is doing on whether or not to give more control to cities/Mayors to pass local gun control laws. The NO votes are actually ahead right now! If you don't mind, jump in and add another "NO" vote:

Vote on KGW in Portland | KGW.com

This poll will probably only be going for another 20 minutes tops. I am posting this at 5:20pm on 3/23/18

Mayor Ted Wheeler is suggesting eliminating the state preemption clause. Prick.

I saw a poll on KOIN 6 website on whether you want to vote for the Church proposed ban or not. There were only about 570 votes, but almost 90% would vote NO. Anyone else see any other polls and results?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top