JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like they added language to have the law cover out of state gun owners and not just Oregonians. So if a Washington State citizen passing through on his way to Nevada would be a criminal even if he or she purchased the offending scary looking barrel shrouded baby killing machine prior to the passage of the initiative.

Thats flatly illegal from a Federal standpoint. They really want to poke everyone in the eye.

No different than if you currently drive through California on your way to Nevada - get stopped at an inspection station or get pulled over and they find a non-compliant firearm.

No different than if you currently drive through California on your way to Nevada - get stopped at an inspection station or get pulled over and they find a non-compliant firearm.

I do believe federal peaceable travel laws would protect you there, provided the firearms/mags were locked up.

They need to sue, but that takes $$ - and a civil rights organization has yet to stand up and help. ACLU hates guns, so they won't help. NRA spends more $$ sending junk mail and stroking themselves than they do fighting for our rights. If any of those cases make it to court, the states will loose.

Is it true that the new legislation is trying to push for Assault Weapon confiscation? Some are telling me that Oregon is pushing for a full Australian style gun ban. I haven't read the newest legislation, but I guess its time for me to do so. I will never move back to my home state of Oregon ever again. I was planning on moving to Vancouver, WA for a year or two because my business is located in Portland, OR.. Sadly, there is nothing I can do to help with the voting in this situation.

All I have to say is if Oregon passes an Assault Weapon confiscation bill, it is time for every American who loves out Constitution from around the country to march on Salem. The liberals will push to disarm us, but what are we going to do, especially if voting fails and Nazi-era style legislation passes?

Is it true that the new legislation is trying to push for Assault Weapon confiscation? Some are telling me that Oregon is pushing for a full Australian style gun ban. I haven't read the newest legislation, but I guess its time for me to do so. I will never move back to my home state of Oregon ever again. I was planning on moving to Vancouver, WA for a year or two because my business is located in Portland, OR.. Sadly, there is nothing I can do to help with the voting in this situation.

All I have to say is if Oregon passes an Assault Weapon confiscation bill, it is time for every American who loves out Constitution from around the country to march on Salem. The liberals will push to disarm us, but what are we going to do, especially if voting fails and Nazi-era style legislation passes?

It allows for registration of currently-owned 'assault weapons' within 120 days of the measure being enacted. Your other options are to get it out of the state, turn it over to the police, or render it permanently inoperable. Also keep in mind that their description of 'assault weapon' covers nearly every single modern semi-auto handgun, as they all theoretically have the 'capacity' to accept a magazine with more than 10 rounds.

Oh, and once the registration window closes, you can't sell it to anyone except an FFL, who definitely isn't going to give you anywhere close to a fair deal on it. Nor can you make use of it anywhere other than where the measure states you'd be able to, which is primarily dedicated ranges. Unsure if this allows for use on BLM land commonly used for shooting.

It allows for registration of currently-owned 'assault weapons' within 120 days of the measure being enacted. Your other options are to get it out of the state, turn it over to the police, or render it permanently inoperable. Also keep in mind that their description of 'assault weapon' covers nearly every single modern semi-auto handgun, as they all theoretically have the 'capacity' to accept a magazine with more than 10 rounds.

Oh, and once the registration window closes, you can't sell it to anyone except an FFL, who definitely isn't going to give you anywhere close to a fair deal on it. Nor can you make use of it anywhere other than where the measure states you'd be able to, which is primarily dedicated ranges. Unsure if this allows for use on BLM land commonly used for shooting.

Lightborne, I would like to learn more about the gun registration deal.. I remember Washington tried to pass something like this, but they had an "Assault Weapon Licensing" scheme, which would essentially be like a complete ban, since you have to get your guns licensed and approved by the state. Thankfully, this measure died this year in Washington.

I don't know what to say, but I know this nation will sooner or later erupt in chaos with what the liberal fascists are demanding. I seriously think some states need to secede from the Union if they think they can keep using our Constitution as toilet paper, which is what most of the liberals feel it is worth.

Anyway, I am glad I don't live in Oregon anymore, not that Washington doesn't have a lot planned. I was shocked to see all 15 gun measures die in Washington state and I am still scratching my head how that could happen with a Democrat governor and Democrat majority congress. Florida, which has a Republican governor and more Republicans in congress actually passed more restrictive gun control this year than Washington state and they really baffled me.

I am deeply saddened by what is happening in Oregon and I know without everyone being vigilant, their freedoms will be in jeopardy. I know my ancestors in Europe were forced to turn in their guns to the national police (SS) or they would face imprisonment and execution. Afterward, they faced systematic extermination. Of course, we all say that never would happen in the USA; the liberals here are just too nice of people, right?

Last Edited:
The text of the bill also requires the registration of magazines:

(3) In order to register a large capacity magazine under this section, a person must: (a) Submit to the Department, on a form approved by the Department, the owner's name and address and information sufficient to identify any large magazine owned or possessed by the owner; (b) Be the lawful owner of the large capacity magazine prior to the effective date of this 2018 Act; and (c) Allow the Department to conduct a criminal background check of the person to confirm that the person is not a prohibited possessor under ORS 166.250.
Absolutely insane. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads