JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And here I thought $2500 was a lot. But then again, we're on the hook for a second.

It always makes people uncomfortable when I share this.

Lots of marriage experts out there. Not a lot of good marriages though.
There are quite a lot of good marriages if you look at people who combined their finances right from the beginning, started off monogamous and meant it, and had kids. High proportion of those stay married. And are still married and happy with each other in old age. These are the circumstances in which our human biology works to help keep us together rather than tear us apart.

A "couple" with separate finances is just two single people pretending to be married. An open marriage is just two single people who have agreed to bang each other until someone better comes along. Most couples without children become very dissatisfied by about six years, even if neither wanted children.

Most birds will desert a failed nest--a nest destroyed by predators or in which the eggs fail to hatch. I think there is something in human biology similar. When there are children there are hormonal changes in both men and women that adapt them to the next stage in their lives. Men's testosterone levels drop when exposed to their newborn baby for example. With no children both members of the couple are stuck in biology adapted to finding a mate rather than biology adapted to being and raising a family. That is, they become dissatisfied with the partner and strongly driven to find a new one. Both men and women.

Of heterosexual marriages where the couple is monogamous, combines their finances, and has children, the odds are still pretty good for the marriages being satisfying and lasting, I think. Other marriages can work too. But they have lower odds for success because some of the biology is working against rather than for the marriage.

replying to myself, It's a trick question.
According to Webster : the diameter of a bore of a gun usually expressed in hundredths or thousandths of an inch and typically written as a decimal fraction
( as in) .32 caliber
200.gif

A "couple" with separate finances is just two single people pretending to be married. An open marriage is just two single people who have agreed to bang each other until someone better comes along. Most couples without children become very dissatisfied by about six years, even if neither wanted children.
That's a false equivalence. You know better.

Wife and I both work so if we "want something" we buy it. After the kids were on their own it became far easier. LONG ago Wife would kick some about money spent on guns. So one day I took her around and pointed out her "hobbies". What we had paid for stuff no longer used, what could it sell for now. Then showed her a few guns. Could tell her what was paid and what they would sell for now. None had really lost value. That finally stopped the complaining. When we want something like another car we do make sure we both agree on which one. Even that if one of us wanted one the other did not? We would still buy the damn thing.
I think in many couples, both may tend to underestimate the contribution the other is making, and both can find going through all the tasks eye-opening. A woman may think a guy isn't doing his share of the housework but may not count all the yard work he does. Or maintaining the cars. Or the tasks such as repairing stuff, that is once in a while but might take most of a day or weekend. And the guy may underrate everyday stuff like shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and hauling kids to various events.

My conscience isn't letting me buy guns! Something about not wanting to tote them all around in a little Flyer wagon while wondering homeless in the streets.:rolleyes: Divorce may be in the works!

I didn't and, ain't no way I'm going through 13 pages of this! 🤣

I think in many couples, both may tend to underestimate the contribution the other is making, and both can find going through all the tasks eye-opening. A woman may think a guy isn't doing his share of the housework but may not count all the yard work he does. Or maintaining the cars. Or the tasks such as repairing stuff, that is once in a while but might take most of a day or weekend. And the guy may underrate everyday stuff like shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and hauling kids to various events.
Immature, petty, simpletons might do that.

Intelligent couples who know all contributions add up to a happy, healthy relationship don't worry about stupid bubblegum.

My wife and I, with our separate finances and "fake" marriage, take care of what needs to be taken care of and don't sweat the small stuff. Sometimes she buys some Bourbon, sometimes I buy it. Sometimes one of us buys it more often than the other. So what?

Intelligent couples who know all contributions add up to a happy, healthy relationship don't worry about stupid bubblegum.

My wife and I, with our separate finances and "fake" marriage, take care of what needs to be taken care of and don't sweat the small stuff. Sometimes she buys some Bourbon, sometimes I buy it. Sometimes one of us buys it more often than the other. So what?
Wait....your wife likes bourbon? Wanna trade?

As long as neither of you ever buy Potter's vodka. It's the Tisas of hard liquor.

People need to know the difference between needs and wants the be able to explain why they need that fifth gun of the year that looks to their spouse like all the rest. Boy's got needs... 😊

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top