JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have 3 accounts, hers , mine and ours. Left over from the days where I was working and living mostly out of town. As far as letting me buy guns my wife doesn't mind because they are test fixtures for my business and therefore a tax write-off. That being said I'm the one that regulates the purchases having to justify it in my own mind. Right now I'm good with what I have so not coveting anything new or new to me.

Something to think about. Finances are one of the most commonly cited reasons for divorce. It's not usually for having too much of it. We have joint finances, but I can see a strong argument for why you would want to separate them.

We have 3 accounts, hers , mine and ours.
Same. The really big stuff is in joint accounts. The rest is separate.

Something to think about. Finances are one of the most commonly cited reasons for divorce. It's not usually for having too much of it. We have joint finances, but I can see a strong argument for why you would want to separate them.
Eliminates a lot of quibbling and bargaining and other resentment.

IMO if one or both parties are irresponsible with money there are going to be problems in the marriage regardless of whether finances are shared.

Last Edited:
Other people's finances are their business. What works for one may not work for another. And generalized statements such as separate finances = not real marriage is complete hogwash imo based on that individual's predjudices, background, and experience. Another person may feel the opposite way. Do what works for you. Communicate well and do it together.

Last Edited:
Other people's finances are their business. What works for one may not work for another. And generalized statements such as separate finances = not real marriage is complete hogwash imo based on that individual's predjudices and experience. Another person may feel the opposite way. Do what works for you. Communicate well and do it together.
It's like people saying Sigs are better than 1911'$.

Or 1911 is not a real gun. It's hogwash.
200.gif

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads