JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There isn't any law that I am aware of that would prohibit a private buyer and seller from separating the parts.
There isn't, but what you're suggesting is trying to circumvent part of the use tax that WA wants to charge.

A receipt must be supplied with the gun stating what it was sold for. If none is sent, the dealer will charge whatever MSRP is for a current sample of said gun, or something close.

Nonsense like this just complicates things for the buyer. Yay, you saved 10 bucks on a BS tax. Not that I agree with the tax application, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

There isn't, but what you're suggesting is trying to circumvent part of the use tax that WA wants to charge.

A receipt must be supplied with the gun stating what it was sold for. If none is sent, the dealer will charge whatever MSRP is for a current sample of said gun, or something close.

Nonsense like this just complicates things for the buyer. Yay, you saved 10 bucks on a BS tax. Not that I agree with the tax application, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
My suggestion has little to do with tax savings. If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't. WA residents are free to take advantage of legal options or just bow down to the Almighty Sideshow Bob.

LOL, why is it that I know which person you're wasting your breath on?
Oh no, does he have you blocked? Weird.

Your friend seems to be trying desperately to offer advice on how to buy banned items, without specifically saying it.
tenor.gif

As a washington resident you can't buy a pistol anywhere other than washington. It also cannot be parted out and buy the frame only in Oregon because a frame is an "other" and others can only be purchased in your residing state.

You can, however, go to an oregon ffl, buy a pistol thats legal to own in WA and have them ship it to your ffl for the paperwork/background check and wait the 10 days.

Or... you can find someone willing to ignore the law and sell you whatever you want

As a washington resident you can't buy a pistol anywhere other than washington. It also cannot be parted out and buy the frame only in Oregon because a frame is an "other" and others can only be purchased in your residing state.

You can, however, go to an oregon ffl, buy a pistol thats legal to own in WA and have them ship it to your ffl for the paperwork/background check and wait the 10 days.

Or... you can find someone willing to ignore the law and sell you whatever you want
"You can, however, go to an oregon ffl, buy a pistol thats legal to own in WA and have them ship it to your ffl for the paperwork/background check and wait the 10 days."

A WA resident can also buy a frame from an Oregon seller and have it shipped to a WA FFL for the transfer.

"You can, however, go to an oregon ffl, buy a pistol thats legal to own in WA and have them ship it to your ffl for the paperwork/background check and wait the 10 days."

A WA resident can also buy a frame from an Oregon seller and have it shipped to a WA FFL for the transfer.
True yes you're absolutely correct.

Yes, this is True. Or have the seller drive to WA to your FFL and make the Transfer there.

Yes, this is True. Or have the seller drive to WA to your FFL and make the Transfer there.
Yes. Or, WA resident can do the same thing with other WA resident. Who's to say what happened with the magazines and the possibly threaded barrel that used to be associated with the pistol frame?

Or a FL seller can drive to WA, stopping in LA for jambalaya, but stay in OK, then going to TX for some BBQ, only to detour up to CO for an Avs game, then over to NV to put 50 on red, winning extra gas money to make it up to MT where he can have some good bourbon before crashing in ID, finally finishing in WA to transfer his 13 year old G19 for $350 and a picture with the fish tossers in Pikes Place Market.

Yes. Or, WA resident can do the same thing with other WA resident. Who's to say what happened with the magazines and the possibly threaded barrel that used to be associated with the pistol frame?
Let's say a WA resident really wants this pistol that is for sale from private seller in Oregon.

The WA resident could ask the seller to swap out the threaded barrel for a non-threaded barrel and swap out the mags for 10 rounders, then ship it or drive it up to WA FFL.

Maybe the seller doesn't want to deal with finding a non-threaded barrel and 10rnd mags and then be stuck with threaded barrel and 21rnd mags.

The option I suggested is that the WA buyer take over that hassle. The WA buyer meets Oregon seller in Oregon. He pays Oregon seller and Oregon seller gives everything but frame to WA buyer. Then Oregon seller ships or drives frame up to WA FFL. Deal is done.

Let's say a WA resident really wants this pistol that is for sale from private seller in Oregon.

The WA resident could ask the seller to swap out the threaded barrel for a non-threaded barrel and swap out the mags for 10 rounders, then ship it or drive it up to WA FFL.

Maybe the seller doesn't want to deal with finding a non-threaded barrel and 10rnd mags and then be stuck with threaded barrel and 21rnd mags.

The option I suggested is that the WA buyer take over that hassle. The WA buyer meets Oregon seller in Oregon. He pays Oregon seller and Oregon seller gives everything but frame to WA buyer. Then Oregon seller ships or drives frame up to WA FFL. Deal is done.
Legally true seller did nothing wrong buyer takes all risk.

Or a FL seller can drive to WA, stopping in LA for jambalaya, but stay in OK, then going to TX for some BBQ, only to detour up to CO for an Avs game, then over to NV to put 50 on red, winning extra gas money to make it up to MT where he can have some good bourbon before crashing in ID, finally finishing in WA to transfer his 13 year old G19 for $350 and a picture with the fish tossers in Pikes Place Market.
I'm. I'm Pretty Much Speechless Here, Nos.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top