JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Technically theres no need to even get married. I suspect relationships would become stronger knowing the other has no legal ties.
Some would and some wouldn't . One sees plenty of couples where one or the other or both have serious @ssholery elements to their personality they keep under control only be cause they know the other can easily walk. However, once there are kids, its hard for decent people to walk whether they are married or not.

As for planning to have a family unmarried, that's a cra@ppy thing to do to a woman. Basically the guy has no commitment to you or the children. This will show every day in myriad ways large and small . And families, relatives, friends don't treat the couple the way they do when the couple marries formally and plans to have children. A young man who is a friend of mine got to the stage where he was ready to settle down and start a family. When he found the right lady and the families all met and liked each other and the marriage and intention to start a baby was announced, all of a sudden money started materializing. Various relatives and friends offered to loan or gift serious funds for the couple to buy their own home or farm or start their own business. The family may be polite and "accept" the unmarried couple as if they were married. But if the couple is so uncommitted they avoid formal nmarriage, the extended family remains uncommitted too. They don't reach into their pockets and put hundreds of thousands of secret savings into giving the couple a good start.

People need to know the difference between needs and wants the be able to explain why they need that fifth gun of the year that looks to their spouse like all the rest. Boy's got needs... 😊
I keep telling my wife I need a mistress, and she keeps telling me that girls old enough to drink are still young enough to be our daughter and she (we) can adopt them if she wants to. I pointed out that I am not allowed to have an older mistress since that is a challenge to her matriarchy, so that kinda leaves me stuck in my options. I probably need to wait a few more years for there to be some kind of middle ground between those two options, but I bet she has yet more wrenches to throw into the works. Se la vie.

I never understood why women object to men buying guns I mean they buy nonsensical junk that's not worth anything at least guns have a monetary value that they get half of in the divorce.

Dang, I wish I had family like that. My mom is worth millions, and the most my kids ever get is a $20 bill on their birthday.
There are solutions for that. . .
200.gif

People need to know the difference between needs and wants the be able to explain why they need that fifth gun of the year that looks to their spouse like all the rest. Boy's got needs... 😊
Ha! I was trying to find space for my recently purchased 2000 rounds, and my wife walked by the safe.
"Why do you need twelve guns?"
*She was only counting the ones on the door...*
"Oh good Lord!"

Ha! I was trying to find space for my recently purchased 2000 rounds, and my wife walked by the safe.
"Why do you need twelve guns?"
*She was only counting the ones on the door...*
"Oh good Lord!"
Never ask about the shoes. I tried that counterpoint and it did not end well. . .

I keep telling my wife I need a mistress, and she keeps telling me that girls old enough to drink are still young enough to be our daughter and she (we) can adopt them if she wants to. I pointed out that I am not allowed to have an older mistress since that is a challenge to her matriarchy, so that kinda leaves me stuck in my options. I probably need to wait a few more years for there to be some kind of middle ground between those two options, but I bet she has yet more wrenches to throw into the works. Se la vie.
The way multiple wives seems to have worked to the advantage of all was with a certain pattern and rules. For example, in ancient China the first wife was from a family whose status was comparable to the husband's. And she was unenthusiastic about there being a second wife until she had multiple children. Husband could not take a second wife without her permission. And she was in charge of finding the second wife. After first wife had enough children so she kinda didn't want more, she had four big reasons to find a second wife or a live-in concubine. First was so she could avoid further child bearing. Second was because any subsequent wives or concubines would be subordinate to and must obey first wife. So she could at least share the work, or retire from doing any of the work herself and just be supervisor if the family was more affluent . Third reason was so husband would keep his sex drive within the family instead of going outside and disrupting it or bringing home diseases. Fourth because husband would be happy with and invigorated by a gorgeous young second wife and grateful to his first wife who cared about his happiness.

First wife was from a high status family. Second wife was normally from a seriously lower status than husband and first wife. Otherwise she would not find being a second wife acceptable. But if second wife was going to a family more affluent than hers, that meant better food and clothes for her and her chikdren and higher status and more opportunities for her children than if she became first wife to a man of equal status. But what about if the first wife was mean or a tyrant? Or beat her? So this is where it mattered most that it was first wife who interviewed and chose other wives and concubines. First wife needed to convince prospective second wife that first wife's rule would be just and second wife would be appreciated and treated well. And that they had a good chance of being good friends Of course husband would meet prospect before the marriage was arranged. But other than sex, the basic relationship was between and among wives. Where things worked well, the wives were friends. Where women were more sequestered having companion able wives provided company and friendship for the women.

Basically, as in most polygamous societies, most men had only one wife. Only men who could support multiple wives had them. That is, rich men, high paid government officials, royalty, and the very successful farmers or business people. "Ordinary" men who got bored at home would visit brothels occassionally.

Last Edited:
The way multiple wives seems to have worked to the advantage of all was with a certain pattern and rules. For example, in ancient China the first wife was from a family whose status was comparable to the husband's. And she was unenthusiastic about there being a second wife until she had multiple children. Husband could not take a second wife without her permission. And she was in charge of finding the second wife. After first wife had enough children so she kinda didn't want more, she had four big reasons to find a second wife or a live-in concubinee. First was so she could avoid further child bearing. Second was because any subsequent wives or concubines would be subordinate to and must obey first wife. So she could at least share the work, or retire from doing any of the work herself and just be supervisor if the family was more affluent . Third reason was so husband would keep his sex drive within the family instead of going outside and disrupting it or bringing home STDs. Fourth because husband would be happy with and invigorated by a gorgeous young second wife and grateful to his first wife who cared about his happiness.

First wife was from a high status family. Second wife was normally from a seriously lower status than husband and first wife. Otherwise she would not find being a second wife acceptable. But if second wife was going to a family more affluent than hers, that meant better food and clothes for her and her chikdren and higher status and more opportunities for her children than if she became first wife to a man of equal status. But what about if the first wife was mean or a tyrant? Or beat her? So this is where it mattered most that it was first wife who interviewed and chose other wives and concubines. First wife needed to convince prospective second wife that first wife's rule would be just and second wife would be appreciated and treated well. And that they had a good chance of being good friends Of course husband would meet prospect before the marriage was arranged. But other than sex, the basic relationship was between and among wives. Where things worked well, the wives were friends. Where women were more sequestered having companion able wives provided company and friendship for the women.

Basically, as in most polygamous societies, most men had only one wife. Only men who could support multiple wives had them. That is, rich men, high paid government officials, royalty, and the very successful farmers or business people. "Ordinary" men who got bored at home would visit brothels occassionally.

Last Edited:
The way multiple wives seems to have worked to the advantage of all was with a certain pattern and rules. For example, in ancient China the first wife was from a family whose status was comparable to the husband's. And she was unenthusiastic about there being a second wife until she had multiple children. Husband could not take a second wife without her permission. And she was in charge of finding the second wife. After first wife had enough children so she kinda didn't want more, she had four big reasons to find a second wife or a live-in concubine. First was so she could avoid further child bearing. Second was because any subsequent wives or concubines would be subordinate to and must obey first wife. So she could at least share the work, or retire from doing any of the work herself and just be supervisor if the family was more affluent . Third reason was so husband would keep his sex drive within the family instead of going outside and disrupting it or bringing home diseases. Fourth because husband would be happy with and invigorated by a gorgeous young second wife and grateful to his first wife who cared about his happiness.

See, I tried to point out the benefits to housework etc. but she said "She is just too adorable and she needs me." Then for the other one they both nearly decided the "sister wives" thing sounded great, especially if I moved into the the shed out back. The hangup seemed to be deciding which house I was supposed to live out back behind. . .

I am not sure I am willing to bet on letting her pick out the next one. There are too many interesting ways that could turn out badly for me.

Good history lesson though.

Move to Utah, buy in bulk and shipping is free:

Replace her with one of these...

There will be no inheritance either. It all goes to my one sibling, who was obedient and never left the farm.
Part of that deal is probably the one kid who is going to inherit the farm is also going to take care of the parents in their old age on the farm. And the "who was obedient" sounds like sibling resentment. That sibling probably wants to live on the farm and be a farmer himself. Farms are so expensive its near impossible to start farming by buying a farm. Mostly you need to inherit a farm. And farming is one of the least secure vocations their is. You never know how much you are making, if anything, until the crops are harvested and sold. It takes way more guts to be a farmer than just about anything. And the hours are long and physically demanding. If a farm couple has six kids they are lucky if even one wants to be a farmer, let alone live on that farm and take care of parents, even if they do inherit the farm.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top