JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
unnamed-39.jpg

Let's say a WA resident really wants this pistol that is for sale from private seller in Oregon.

The WA resident could ask the seller to swap out the threaded barrel for a non-threaded barrel and swap out the mags for 10 rounders, then ship it or drive it up to WA FFL.

Maybe the seller doesn't want to deal with finding a non-threaded barrel and 10rnd mags and then be stuck with threaded barrel and 21rnd mags.

The option I suggested is that the WA buyer take over that hassle. The WA buyer meets Oregon seller in Oregon. He pays Oregon seller and Oregon seller gives everything but frame to WA buyer. Then Oregon seller ships or drives frame up to WA FFL. Deal is done.
Yes, that basically answer most my question. The concerns is about the mags, not sure if the dealer will just take the mag "for me" when he heard the gun going to be ship to WA.

Yes, that basically answer most my question. The concerns is about the mags, not sure if the dealer will just take the mag "for me" when he heard the gun going to be ship to WA.
The dealer will not send them to WA if they are over 10rd capacity, which the ad seems to say. If you're asking if he'd take them off your hands, that would be up to the individual dealer.

There isn't, but what you're suggesting is trying to circumvent part of the use tax that WA wants to charge.

A receipt must be supplied with the gun stating what it was sold for. If none is sent, the dealer will charge whatever MSRP is for a current sample of said gun, or something close.

Nonsense like this just complicates things for the buyer. Yay, you saved 10 bucks on a BS tax. Not that I agree with the tax application, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
My Wa state FFL does not add sales tax if the purchase out of state is from a private party.
👍👍

WA regulations:

RCW 9.41.010>>>Finding—2015 c 1 (Initiative Measure No. 594):

"To encourage compliance with background check requirements, the sales tax imposed by RCW 82.08.020 would not apply to the sale or transfer of any firearms between two unlicensed persons if the unlicensed persons have complied with all background check requirements."

Bruce

My Wa state FFL does not add sales tax if the purchase out of state is from a private party.
👍👍
WA regulations:

RCW 9.41.010>>>Finding—2015 c 1 (Initiative Measure No. 594):

"To encourage compliance with background check requirements, the sales tax imposed by RCW 82.08.020 would not apply to the sale or transfer of any firearms between two unlicensed persons if the unlicensed persons have complied with all background check requirements."

Bruce
That has been my experience. My last two private party firearm purchases were from sellers in Oregon. One seller met me at my FFL in Vancouver; the other seller shipped the gun (his FFL to my FFL). In each instance, I think my FFL used copies of the sellers drivers license to document the non-commercial (private party) nature of the transactions; I was not charged any sales tax for either deal.

"To encourage compliance" can imply that it is totally optional, kinda like the "Please" in signs that ask you to go through the other door.

You can legally buy a mag over 10 rds in Nevada.
You can also legally buy a Hooker in Nevada.
Try to bring either one home with you to WA and you are in deep doo doo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top