JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My primary is the 3914 but i just got a almost brand new if not brand new S&W 6906. I really like these third generation S&W - they are almost full proof. Small but not too small to hold onto , no safety but a decocker - if I find another it will be my backup to my backup EDC.

James Ruby

Easy list:

1) Browning Hi-Power (currently a Practical model) : Wanted one since I was a little bitty kid reading books about my favorite hero carrying one - and I love it on it's own merits as well;
2) Glock 19 : Friend has one and it's freaking golden. Accurate, accurate, accurate;
3) Marlin Camp Carbine: Just cause they're cool;
4) - Infinity) All of 'em - wanna try each and every one to see if there's something better than what I've shot to date.

The Belgian Browning Hi-Power

Why?

"The Browning Hi-Power is a notable handgun of the last century for a number of reasons. It was John M. Browning's final pistol design. It introduced the concept of the high-capacity double-column magazine. It is considered by many to be an improvement of the famous Colt Government Model of 1911.

"Finally, it is one of the most-used military service pistols of all time. In fact, during World War II the Hi-Power, also known as the P-35, saw service not only with a number of the allied forces but was also used by the German military."

This. I have several HPs from an old WW2 Canadian Inglis shoulder stock type to an Argentinean Detective conversion to a new MK 3 .40 cal and I love this gun, especially in 9MM

My favorite 9MM back up gun is the Firestar M43 in Starvel nickel.. if you like the Hi Power you will probably also like the M43

I know some of you guys carried one in the military and like them but I absolutely despise the Beretta 92 and in fact pretty much all DA/SA guns except the CZ types

M43 in Starvel
firestar.jpg

I have heard nothing but complaints from folks who have owned PX4's' I'm glad to hear a success story!!!!!

You're doing it wrong.

I have to search hard to find complaints.
When I google "px4 experience", these are the first few links that come up.

Beretta PX4 Storm .40S&W Anybody have experience or comments on it?

Beretta PX4 experience

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

In all of those threads, I didnt see one person who a problem with it's reliablity.
Personally, I have over 20,000 rounds through mine without a single problem of any kind. I've shot everything from the cheapest steel cased crap ammo that looks as though they used ground up sparklers for powder, to hot hot hot hand loads. Nothing... Not a single problem.
It was also accurate enough to help me win a local pistol league against some people who were shooting 1911's that cost 4x as much.

I can't say enough good things about the px4, and either can the majority of reviewers on the internet.

So say some, while others disagree. My opinion is based on my personal experience investigating murders and other shootings. I understand there have been great improvements in ammo, but I'll stick with my .40 & .45's. Your mileage may vary.

Personally, i've seen 9mm bounce off of bare skin. I'll stick to my airsoft guns... at least those things leave a nasty welt.

So say some, while others disagree. My opinion is based on my personal experience investigating murders and other shootings. I understand there have been great improvements in ammo, but I'll stick with my .40 & .45's. Your mileage may vary.

I have carried all of those calibers for carry guns. I carry a 40 or 45 as a primary most of the time only because they do better against windshields and car windows in case of a drive by or road incident. The better modern 9MM JHPs expand to 65 or 70 caliber and retain their jackets while having plenty of penetration. I feel well armed with a higher capacity 9MM but that's just me

Really? Where? Even 9mm FMJ will go clear through the body cavity of an adult male. I have never heard of a 9mm 'bouncing' off skin. It's not the most popular military side arm round in the world because it is ineffective.

The military chose it because of the incredibly high rate of friendly fire shootings. They wanted a round that's slightly less lethal than a water balloon. Hence the saying "military intelligence".

Ideally, the best 9mm is slightly less effective than a really foul odor, but slightly more effective than a dirty look

If I were you guys, i'd immediately sell my 9mm and replace them with a gaseous dog.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews