JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For everyday carry - Steyr S9. It is reliable, just the right size for carry, good trigger for a DAO Tupperware auto, love the trapezoid sights. Not easy to find now, but the the price was the best money I ever spent.

For house lounging an East German Makarov (yes, I realize it is actually 9.25x18) fits the pocket of my bathrobe perfectly. The Steyr is just big enough that I can't present smoothly from my robe pocket. Robe holds the Mak + extra mag and tactical folder. It may be a mouse gun, but I could clear a path to a carbine or shotgun if required.

I don't even own a 9mm although I do have a partial 20 rd. box left in the safe.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I have to agree w/ Viperjody- I have 3 9mms- but my top two are an HK P7 & SIG 239. Both are tack drivers and work very well for me. My other is an XD service. Very comfortable, reasonably accurate, & SA has great customer service. But if pressed, would choose the SIG 239 as I can put in service just a tad faster than the HK & can conceal it better than the HK and far better than the XD.

Bottom line- you need to asses your primary need/ purpose for the gun- carry, target, action shooting, ect- that will help you determine the best 9mm for you.

The Belgian Browning Hi-Power

Why?

"The Browning Hi-Power is a notable handgun of the last century for a number of reasons. It was John M. Browning's final pistol design. It introduced the concept of the high-capacity double-column magazine. It is considered by many to be an improvement of the famous Colt Government Model of 1911.

"Finally, it is one of the most-used military service pistols of all time. In fact, during World War II the Hi-Power, also known as the P-35, saw service not only with a number of the allied forces but was also used by the German military."

Well, I guess it sort of depends:

My first handgun was a Taurus PT-92. Sentential value, just because it was my first, high cap magazine. Shoots nice and smooth.
My favorite odd ball: Sig Saur 220. Originally European police issue, but modified to the American style mag release. Only paid $300 for it because the shop I bought it from just did not believe anyone would purchase a 220 in 9mm that is a single stack mag. (only down fall to it is that I have to purchase European mags and have them modified by a smith)
My favorite one to hate: Hungarian FG. Looks a lot like a Hi-Power. Feels and shoots like an anchor. Not saying it is not good weapon, just not one I like to shoot.

Pistol I trust the most and my go to pistol for defense: Sig p226. It is my first pistol, and I have put over 5,000 rounds through it, and not a single failure yet.

My "sweat heart" pistol: 1980 Belgium made Browning Hi-power. Just picked this up a few weeks ago and I am amazed how accurate and well balanced this gun is. Certainly my favorite range weapon.

Cheers,
DJM

I carry a Glock 17 every day, with a 19 for back up in my murse. Never once, in HUNDREDS of rounds through them both have I had a malfunction. I have cleaned them before, but not something you have to do on a regular basis if you don't feel like it :s0114:
Parts are cheap and prevalent, and they are easy to work on/modify if you want.
Just hard to go wrong with a Glock in 9mm:)

Definitely the Glock 19. I carried one as a parole officer, and it was a great duty gun. I sold it when I quit, and regret parting with it.

I currently own a CZ-75, two Browning Hi-Powers (an FN and an Inglis), a Walther P-38, and two Lugers, but the Glock was the best, with the CZ and the FN Hi-Power coming in #2 and #3.

Sig P239. Because it's the only one I have. :D

Single stack just fits my hand better, controls are all easily accessable with my thumb without having to adjust my grip to reach for them - but then all the Sigs I've tried with the decocker and slide release work one handed perfectly for me. DA/SA is nice because you have to want to make the first shot, and then you've got an easy squeeze for the follow-up. I can wear it IWB with a mildly loose shirt over top (untucked) and you'd never know it was there.

I'll probably eventually add a P226 or P229 to my arsenal some day as well - the slimmer grip on the E2 fits me pretty well.

For carry...

1. EMP
EMP1.jpg

2. Aegis
View attachment 193831

For the range...
CZ-75

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR