JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SIG P229R Elite 9mm

Compact, well made, SRT, fits well in hand with aluminum grips, accurate, fun to shoot and it's a bad-a** pistol. But the #1 reason, my wife likes shooting it enough to give up her 357/38spl revolver (it messed up my ammo plan...) Yeah!

Interarms Star. Good pocket pistol. Had it for 20 plus years, has never failed when target shooting, even when it has not been cleaned for several years. I know kick myself in the things for that. Hits where I point it.

I've owned or shot a lot of 9mm's and they usually leave me cold. The Beretta 92 - too big and bulky. Sigs - OK. nothing to write home about. BHP - would love one but that grip is way too wide. H&K - don't get me started. S&Ws are generally OK but unexciting.

But what does do it for me is a Colt Combat Commander. Slim, great ergos, quick handling, good looking. The "Combat" version gives you the added strength and stability of a carbon steel frame, which I like. I thought I was done with 9mm's for years until I ran across this puppy (on this forum a year or more back, actually). Classic virtues of the 1911, and such easy shooting with the 9mm round. Love it.

9f3cfd37.jpg

Wow! that's a handsome Colt.

Walther P99C. It's the perfect carry gun: accurate, 100% reliable, it's not picky about ammo, it's easy to conceal, and you can add a 16-round magazine and sleeve and turn it into a full-sized P99. The AS trigger configuration is another plus, making double-taps and triple-taps a breeze. I highly recommend it.

I really miss my old S&W M&P9 I got rid of a while back. That was a great gun, and I compare everything I shoot to it. But just went out to the range today with a new PX4 Storm full size 9mm. Ummmm....wow. My new favorite thing.

It kicks like my Walther P22. 1" double taps at 7yrds. It's like it's actually improving my crappy shooting. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a 9mm target gun.

I also tried the subcompact PX4 version for carry. But it was too fat for comfortable carry, and didn't shoot nearly as dreamy as it's big brother. Just sayin'.

Cz75 or Browning High Power for full size. If I had to carry a concealed 9mm, the Ruger LC9 is a slick little carry piece. The Glock 26 is also excellent, especially with a Pierce Grip mag extender. If you have small hands, the Glock 19 is great.

For easy carry and everday wear I would guess a light weight 9mm like the G19, SW MP9or the XD series. I, however, carry a model 60 3" for every day use, however, my two finest 9 mm pieces are the CZ 75 and my CZ 85 Combat. Both all steel, circa 1994, and both deadly accurate. The 75='s 1.5" @ 25 yards out of the box and the 85 Combat will do 2"-2.5" all day long. Both fit in a Commander type holster and are a joy to carry on occassion; the problem with both, however, is that they are "full-size".

Of the few nines I have owned I would say it is a toss up between a Baby Eagle and and my 'new' CZ-75BD (Mis-marked as an 85 B) The BE I owned was the compact model and I never really got used to it due the shorter grip. For this the CZ wins in ergonomics but leaves a lot to be desired in the trigger category. The take up and drag is more than I care for but I believe my CZ had never been fired (or cleaned since new) and it is from the 90's. All I did when I first bought it was to spray it out with brake cleaner, lube it and pack the internals with gunslick and shoot away but a complete take down and trigger job is next on the list and we shall see what happens after that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top