JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only 3 ? Man that is tough, but I would have to say...

1. Winchester 52D Heavy Barrel Target rifle ( Tack Driver)
2. Armalite AR-50 Bolt action 50BMG (Big Bada Boom and reach out and touch something way out Yonder)
3. Belt fed Browning 1919A4 30/06 with a "Roto-Fire" system I designed and built for 700 RPM ( Legal Rock and roll !)

Runner ups would be the Pre-64 Model 70 in 300 H&H , The STG-58 FN-FAL, and The M1A !

Was never really a fan of a mauser being in anything other than a mauser round. o_O

That being said, I would have liked to see a bolt action .45 Colt... Maybe we should try and get enough demand for it so Ruger would get an idea for their Hawkeye. :rolleyes:

OK so this is very difficult and many that should be here are not...

:)Three rifles-
AK47 Mitchell Arms import
Yugo 8mm 24/47
M1 rifle- followed closely by Springer M1A. If I had to pack em Id prefer the M1, no mag hangin off the weapon, can carry at the center of weight/balance..

I know this cheats and goes beyond the original parameters.. but..

Three sidearms :)
Browning HiPower
Colt Python- if I had to carry it I would opt for my Mod 28 Smith in .357
Colt Combat Commander- had to throw that one in cuz Ive owned and fired so many of them over the years, so it must be a favorite, right?:p

Last Edited:
I'm a basic type guy and so are my choices:
Ruger 10/22, cheap as heck to shoot, reliable and affordable
CZ550 Premium, love the set trigger at the range, really makes me look good. I have it in .270 and it's made two shots on running antelope at over 200 yards. Could not have done it with any of my other rifles.
Ruger Bisley 7.5in barrel in .41 mag. It's just smooth precision.
Runner up - pre 64 Model 88 Winchester in .308. Complicated mechanism that always works.

I'm a basic type guy and so are my choices:
Ruger 10/22, cheap as heck to shoot, reliable and affordable
CZ550 Premium, love the set trigger at the range, really makes me look good. I have it in .270 and it's made two shots on running antelope at over 200 yards. Could not have done it with any of my other rifles.
Ruger Bisley 7.5in barrel in .41 mag. It's just smooth precision.
Runner up - pre 64 Model 88 Winchester in .308. Complicated mechanism that always works.
I like your Bisley .41 mag choice, that is a good revolver in a fine yet under-rated caliber... And salute your pre-'64 Winnie 88. Friend of mine has one inherited from his Dad, back in the day.. like the sleek, compact yet powerful carbine and the way it cycles so smoothly!

Ruger #1 in .275 Kills a lot. Hurts very little. Looks good in the process.
Sako 222 ( W Grandpa when IO was a kid)
Dad's Ithaca 20o.u

Not terribly out of the ordinary. But special to me.

There have been others. Most center around good moments with close friends/family.

My Winchester Model 52 is rapidly making its way up the list.

The Garand still just feels good to shoot, and the 1919a4 in full auto is just entertaining. Just about any milsurp in .30-06 is bound to make my list somewhere. The only milsurp in -06 I haven't shot is a Madsen. The only semi-auto milsurp -06 I haven't owned are a Johnson and a Madsen. I even briefly had a Columbian Mauser in .30-06.

There are so many, but I can tell you the worst experience I've had with a rifle.

It had a bipod, set on full auto, (Fort Ord, Army AIT) and when I pressed the trigger it was one of the most brutal recoil impulses I've experienced. You do not want that experience.

The irony was of my squad buds really, really, really want to shoot it and only one would have the opportunity.

I wish he'd won that argument...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads