JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Remington R1S Enhanced is the most enjoyable pistol I've ever shot.
GunInv2016-1911-4.jpg

The Browning Citori 12 ga is the best shotgun I've ever used.
GunInv2016-Citori1.jpg

My favorite firearm of all time is this Remington rolling block, restored and chambered for .38spc/.357mag. With .38 spc for plinking it is like shooting a .22LR, but makes big holes. With .357 mag it has nearly the ballistics of a .30-30.
GunInv2016-RRB1.jpg

Tough limiting it to just 3, but here goes:

1) M1 Garand - hands down, most historic rifle I've ever shot
2) Glock 19 - because I shoot it so well
3) Lamber 2097 - 12 ga o/u, fits me well and has provided many perfect rounds of trap

There's a lot others, Browning HP, S&W K-22, S&W Highway Patrolman, Beretta 84 .380, Winchester '94 in .22 and too many others to list...

Browning hi-power
My cz p10c. I was hitting clays easy out to about 100 yards. For $450, this thing has me smitten.
My current ar15. I "built" it. Stupid smooth and accurate. I have a buddy that doesnt like ar's (ak guy) and he didnt want to give it back after shooting

Although I have shot mannnny, these are my top 3.
Remington 511, 22 my first experience with a real firearm (deverginized)....
M-16, loved it during my Army days but I did have to get used to it.
AR-15 pistol in 300BLK, my first build.;)

Last Edited:
Only Three ??? Dang!

Favorites:
  1. HK P7M13 Nickel that I owned circa 2000. Oh how I've missed that pistol !
  2. CZ75B in 40S&W
  3. Custom 7mm LRM that I built off my stainless Model 700 300 RUM.
    A wonderful experience to build, and makes me smile every time I shoot it.
Three most hated:
  1. The 2nd rifle I bought: Winchester Model 70 in 270 Win. 13" LOP, smacked my face so hard every time I shot it, I developed serious bad habits.
  2. I cannot think of any rifle I've hated as much as that Winnie.
  3. See #1.

I was a little confused by the title. At first I thought you were asking about the top three favorite FA (Full Auto), then I realized that you meant top three FA (FireArms). Looks like I wasn't the only one.

Either way would be an interesting thread. :)
Yea I was trying to save space, by the time I figured what I typed was too late to fix... :oops:

Used 870 police magnum; smoothest racking pump I've owned.

Not incredibly well versed in 1911s, but my full size ati firepower xtreme is probably going to ruin me on spending more than 400 dollars on another 1911, unless heavily customized.

My most recent purchase, a stock Glock 17 gen 5. Love everything about it so far, except that it will only use gen 5 mags with the release button get switched.

My only AR.

My Ruger standard I started with at 4.

My Marlin 60 I bought on my 18th birthday.

Close seconds are my sold gp100 SS 6" .357mag

Henery .22lr lever

Every AK I've got to shoot when the opportunity presented it.

I'm easy. Can't think of much outside of junk pot metal guns I don't like. But, to play along, probably the most fun for plinking is my original 1873 Trapdoor Springfield cavalry carbine. Single shot, .45-70. Oozing history and just enough fiddling to load and fire to not feel like clicking a video game. In a similar vein, the Colt Single Action Army, .45 Colt.
And of course for true fiddle around fun, my .50 cal Pedersoli sorta-Hatfield flintlock rifle.

Lots of guns to like. Historically and/or mechanically interesting adds that extra bit of special for me.

WOW I only buy firearms I really want so this would be really hard. SO instead I will give you 3 of my favorites.

c1905 Winchester Model 1895 Deluxe rifle 28" bbl Lyman #21 receiver sight (no checkering but A+ wood) in 30 Gov (30-40 Krag)

Remington R-1 .45 Cocobolo grips Wilson Beavertail, Trigger, & Hammer this is so well tuned pistol smiths that have handled it just want to keep playing with it. SOOOOO SMOOOOTH and accurate

Thompson Center Hawkin .50 cal percussion with a drop in 34" Green Mountain 1-72 twist round ball target barrel Built from a kit that I selected after looking at 20+ kits. Have had more fun shooting it then a man should be allowed.

AND MANY MORE

#1 M3 (Grease gun). If I win the lotto one of those in mint will be one of the first things I would buy. :)
#2 is a toss up between the first 1911 and First Ruger MK 22. Have had so much damn fun with both or almost 6 decades now it's hard to pick.
#3 Has to be the new Ruger 9mm Carbine. I know I must sound like a broken record on these but the little rifle rapidly became the best money I remember spending.

I have to have a grease gun even if it's semi.

I had an M700 stainless BDL in 280 that I restocked into a McMillan. It was a legit sub-MOA rifle out to 400 yards. Should have never got rid of it.

I had a New Haven M70 Sporter in 30-06 that I should have kept.

I really like my M&P40 2.0 and 2.0c, and think The Glock 17 is an awesome gun for what it is, but I'll always think my P226 is a far nice gun.

Only Three ??? Dang!

Favorites:
  1. HK P7M13 Nickel that I owned circa 2000. Oh how I've missed that pistol !
  2. CZ75B in 40S&W
  3. Custom 7mm LRM that I built off my stainless Model 700 300 RUM.
    A wonderful experience to build, and makes me smile every time I shoot it.
Three most hated:
  1. The 2nd rifle I bought: Winchester Model 70 in 270 Win. 13" LOP, smacked my face so hard every time I shot it, I developed serious bad habits.
  2. I cannot think of any rifle I've hated as much as that Winnie.
  3. See #1.

My 70 in 7mm mag drew blood

1977 6" blue Python that was given to me.
1928 Colt "The Woodsman" 6" inherited from Dad.
Prototype #4 Detonics Combat Master .45

I see that the total cost above was exactly $0. So, I'm doing alright.

OK. I do enjoy the PIINNNGGG! You get from a 30 carbine, or a GI parts M-14 type rifle[Gota have a GI Op-Rod].

Go ahead and make the M1 my third. ;)

Huh, maybe I need my hearing checked. I've fired several GI M1 Carbines, M14s (real and civilianized) and don't remember a noteworthy PING from them. The Garand however, now THAT'S a PING! when the clip ejects!

Was going to attach the photo I have of my son firing the M1 with the clip in the air but danged if I could find it :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top