JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a very hard one, but.....
1) my m1896 swedish Mauser (6.5x55se) manufactured in 1899 grandfather gave it too me when I 12 years old. It's around 10 feet long...or so it seems that long when it's next to my ars in the safe. For being almost 120 years old it shoots like a dream. nothing like holding or using history.
2) Glock 41, I've had a 35 and shot many 34s but something about the 41 just warms my heart.
3) my Ithaca flues side by side 16ga, I don't know why but the only thing I feel I'm missing when I shoot that thing is a straw had and some overalls.
That's my 3 as odd as they are, even to me for some reason that's my answer.

The m60 machine gun (noisy and exciting) and the m203 grenade launcher (blowing up 50 gal drums with it from 100 yards away). Outside the military my 73 Win .45 colt (Uberti) is my favorite. (It's just so nostalgic and has so many moving parts.)
The Remington Model 8 in .30 Rem is a close second (because everything starts moving when you pull the trigger) The design is so different than anything else. Recoil operated with the barrel shroud sliding back when it shoots.

-my favorite rifle i ever shot was a galil

but out of items I own
1st, vz58..
Hits he target every time

-2nd, I really like shooting 45 acp carbines especially in a bolt action

-3rd, I really like shootimg my 17hmr...just to much fun

-honorable mention, .... who can forget anything in a lever action
..funnest ever

20170930_175537.jpg

#1 Full auto Thompson sub machine gun.

#2 M2 (A full auto version of an M1 carbine)

#3 Suppressed Ruger Mark1.

In the military:

#1 Ma Deuce (of course)

#2 M-16A2 with an M203 grenade launcher. Fully automatic with very little muzzle rise.

#3 A tie between a laaw rocket and an M203 grenade launcher.

3? Are you kidding me? Dang, that's going to be hard to do. Now if you said 30, it would be easier to just list them all... From 1 to 3. 1 being my favorite:

1. My sporterized m1917:
QXv4UFf.jpg
SWJFBQL.jpg
w2tM09l.jpg
The reason why: I started out with one of these rifles when I was 12. They are very robust, accurate, and easy to operate. Safety lever is by far the best of any rifle I have in the safe. It's my "go to" hunting rifle..

2. Pre 64 model 70 featherweight:
nlhpUXF.jpg
Accurate, dependable and balanced very well.

3. AR type rifles. AR15's, AR10's, IT doesn't matter. It's a great design and they can be somewhat addicting. I'll show a pic of my 2 favorite AR's.
1. AR15: Northtech Defense/spikes tactical
lvSgK1N.jpg

2. Armalite AR10T 308 winchster:
BkI9XDC.jpg

Next time we do 3 of our "favorites", can it please be something like leatherman's or multi tools...:D

S&W MOD 65- 1" Barrel and Round Butt (perfect feel)
S&W Mod 58, 41 mag (reloads only)
CZP10C with HB trigger & many rounds through it.

OP
I like your choices; my own version of your list would be similar :

S&W mod 610 in 3 9/16";
S&W mod 58 4" Mountain gun (41 mag any flavor)
CZP10C with Walther PPX style trigger. I'll have to research what this HB trigger is, I'm not fond yet of the OEM trigger with only 4-500 rounds thru it.

But, it's a dang good list for my taste as well.

View attachment 477926
My .54 Hawken Rifle made by my Friend Loren "Doc" Brown.
This is my favorite rifle of all ...Its fits me nicely , carries well and I know how to shoot it.
It has won many a rifle match and kept me fed.

View attachment 477927
The Flintlock rifle pictured here ( upper )
J.Henry Trade Rifle .50 circa 1840's...I still shoot this one.
Coolest thing : "Bill Willyum's his rifle" carved in the stock.
Did this rifle really belong to Bill Williams the famous Mountain Man...?
I do not know...but it is of the right time period , place and maker....who knows.
Regardless ..kinda neat to have and shoot a rifle "That was there..." :D

View attachment 477935
My Remington 870 Wingmaster...from 1962
20 gauge 28 inch barrel Modified choke.
This is the first gun that I owned...given to me by my Grandad , when I was a kid.
It also has won many a match and still keeps me fed.
Andy

That is a beautiful Hawken rifle!

Cate

To many to choose from when your old and been playing in firearms most of your life.

But will say first:
Desert Eagle 44 mag
I have had a couple over the years and never really found a true use for them but still one of my favorites to shoot and play with.

Second:
Uzi 9mm (Full size, full auto and folding stock)
Wish I could say it was mine but it wasn't. My buddy is a class 3 dealer and had it for years until the right price came along.

Third:
AR15 9mm pistol
I built it from various companies' parts with an 8.5 bbl and it is just fun to shoot. Nothing fancy, just fun.

What is the top Three Favorite Private Owned FA you have shot ?
( we have to exclude Military as its just to easy to pick fun ones)

So what "Three" favorite firearms that were privately owned, by you or others you have you shot.
You can explain why if you like.
For me.
  1. SigP229 40SW ( I always thought 40's snapped but not in the P229 its smooth )
  2. Marlin 60, never have a spent so little on something that shoots so well.
  3. CZ527 in 7.62x39 it changed an put accuracy in a normally average round.
Those are my picks there are many runner ups, but id say all three of those just are god at what they do and that make me happy :p

Hello,

Gee whiz, we can't pick three handguns and three rifles?

I am joking with you and it would be hard to pin it down to three.

Former handguns - I no longer shoot handguns. Old age, arthritis and an old injury from a bad fall. See my introduction if needed or interested.

Glock Model 19 or 19C (Ported.) but I prefer the plain Model 19. Late 90's and on purchased.

It takes a licking and keeps on ticking - NO jam ever. Right out of the box - it was just PERFECT. Plain and simple to use, shoot and learn as a Newbie in guns. Basic black like the perfect little black dress with pearls. What is NOT to like?!

I know that some people have a dislike for Glocks but it worked for me not long after I was out of a heavy plaster arm cast from my hand to my armpit - broken bones and more. I could RACK THE SLIDE compared to many other pistols that I tried and I felt VERY confident using it. If you can't trust your handgun and feel confident USING IT for your self defense tool - it defeats the purpose.

I felt confident using the 'house gun' aka my late husband's double action revolver but I bought and shot some of my own guns once I got into shooting more. Smith and Wesson brand. Double action revolvers and a couple of semi automatic pistols.

I felt confident shooting single action revolvers too. I got into them later on once I discovered them. Ruger brand. I personally did not own any d/a revolver in a Ruger... only single action revolvers. (I am not knocking them.) I adored single action shooting! I thought my guns were PRETTY, simple to use, clean and shoot!

Back to the Glock now...

I have small to medium but not tiny hands and I did not find the grip big or some of the other things that some NON Glock people call them.

My former gun store owner, back east, and my late husband took me into the indoor shooting range and I hit the 'perp paper target' as I called and still call them. I was shocked that I hit it so well and they looked at one another and they SMILED. They went, "Hmmm." I smiled and it took hours for the smile to come off of my face! I asked for the target to be put up at 21 feet. They did that and moved it back a little at a time to 50 feet - back stop at the indoor range. I did not shoot well at 50 feet but I did pretty good at 21 feet to 30 some feet on my first try.

I had only shot 10 or so rounds out of any gun before that time frame in my entire life. My late husband's big, heavy, pretty revolver - Dan Wesson - some famous model which I have NO clue what model it was. I just used it as a tool. It had a deep blue frame with a beautiful wood grip like some of my guns bought down the road. It had a 6 or 6.5 inch barrel (?) and it was a 357Magnum caliber. I think that it was a 6 inch barrel but that was a LONG time ago. I shot 5 rounds of 38Special NOT plus P and 5 rounds of 357Magnum hollow points. That is the most that I remember about that one gun since he wanted me to know the basics as a Bride and explained the safety issues to me.

Smith and Wesson Model 686 - I think that mine was a -5 but that was close to 20 years ago. Six inch barrel, full lug, Hogue grips but I like the wood grips too and it had adjustable sights on it. Six shot not the plus =7. It was a sweet gun. My late husband and my MT husband loved that gun too.

Toss up here...

Ruger Blackhawk New Model in 45 Long Colt. Same in the 357Magnum but I LOVED the 45 Long Colt in cowboy loads.

Ruger Super Single Six in 22lr/22wmr. I absolutely adored that model.

I bought about 15 guns in the late 90's to 2001. Am I allowed to bring up any rifles here? I never owned a CF caliber rifle until I moved out west. Added more: I did own a few 22lr rifles back east.

I bought my first and second Red Ryder 1938 Replica in my late 40's or maybe I was 50 at the time.

They are all former guns. I deliberately chose duplicate calibers to Share Ammunition in handguns and in a few rifles. Several common calibers!

Two gifted guns. (Smith and Wesson Model 29-2 and -3 aka Dirty Harry guns.)

22lr
22wmr
9mm
38Special and Plus P
357Magnum
45Long Colt

44Special and 44Magnum but I shot 44Special more. I rarely shot the Model 29-2 and 3 handguns.

I like/liked pistol RF (22lr and 22wmr) caliber rifles. I like/liked pistol CF rifles in 357Magnum and in 45Long Colt.

I liked the 30-30 caliber too.

I used to save ALL of my targets for the first couple of years too. I marked the date, what firearm that I used, what ammo that I used, the distance, the weather conditions if I was outside, etc. I did this for my indoor range shooting and when I joined the Sportman's Club - outdoor range. I would bring them home and show my late husband and his friends how I shot. They always seemed to be interested. Mainly ex military and a few police friends. ALL mutual CLOSE friends. My late husband was former military (USN and later Air NG Fighter Wing with a NON .gov job too.) but not in law enforcement work. Two of my best female friends thought that I was crazy getting into shooting and self defense. One other female friend got interested and I took her shooting. Another one later on. But my two top female friends were NOT interested so I never pushed the issue. I invited them and let it go. I saved some targets out here for a time frame too.

My MT husband uses a chronograph sometimes and since he reloads... he is always saving some target or the other for a time frame. He has his favorite loads.

Cate
Typos!

Last Edited:
A pre ban Steyr AUG I used to own
An IMI Action Arms pre ban Uzi carbine in both 9mm and .45acp. I have had it for almost 30 years.
My Deer rifle. A Winchester model 70 short action 20" heavy barrel in .308. With a cheap $125.00 3-14 mil-dot Tasco scope. I leave it at 10 power and use the mil-dots.
It is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. It has taken 9 deer all the way out to 400 yards. I can hold a 4" group at 100 yards. Maybe tighter if I was younger....lol.:rolleyes:

Super tough choices!
Military; my issue M-16 A2 HBAR with 203, there's just something so right with that combo.
M-2 A2 dampend, what a beast.
TAT 134 6000 rounds of 7.62 sends just the right message.

Civilian;
1) the first rifle project my Grand Parents and I built, a 1923 Holland and Holland in .375 H&H. We did all the metal work and new barrel and sights, and carved a stock out of a very special piece of Claro Walnut that gramps had in his stash, and GrandMom did her best checkering. Shoots like a dream, and is the most beautiful rifle I own.
2) any of my (now) 8 Colt 1855 patient Revolving Rifles, especially the 3 MK-4s 2 of which are origionals.
3) my Sako TRG .300 Win, wispers in your ear the last word you will ever hear!

Second choices;
Husquvarna 6.5x55 Swede
Remington Mod 8/81 with Ed Shillin .308 Win conversion, that sucker is lightning fast and so smooth.
Winchester 1895 in .405, a man's rifle from a time where men were men and a rifle was not just a tool but a price of art that functioned and put food on the table and tangos in the ground.
M-1 Garand, who dosnt love the Garand? Blasphemy!
M-14 improved Garand goodness with a 20 round mag and even better op system!
FN/FAL. when it absolutely has to work no matter what, and cannot fail ever, FAL, 90+ countries cannot be wrong!:)

if we slightly alter the terms from "favorite" to "most accurate" that wandered thru my collection at various times, here's a new entry set for 'pistols':

1) XP100 custom IHMSA bolt pistol in full length 308;
2) S&W 627-5 PC MagV8;
3) High Standard 10X;

H1193-L45459730.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews