JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the top Three Favorite Private Owned FA you have shot ?
( we have to exclude Military as its just to easy to pick fun ones)

So what "Three" favorite firearms that were privately owned, by you or others you have you shot.
You can explain why if you like.
For me.
  1. SigP229 40SW ( I always thought 40's snapped but not in the P229 its smooth )
  2. Marlin 60, never have a spent so little on something that shoots so well.
  3. CZ527 in 7.62x39 it changed an put accuracy in a normally average round.
Those are my picks there are many runner ups, but id say all three of those just are good at what they do and that make me happy :p

Last Edited:
1. SF/FA H&K MP5 (love the 30 round mag dumps!)
2. Noveske 18" SPR in 5.56 (rang steel at 800 yards with it)
3. Glock 34 (what can I say, I shoot it well all day long)

#1 M3 (Grease gun). If I win the lotto one of those in mint will be one of the first things I would buy. :)
#2 is a toss up between the first 1911 and First Ruger MK 22. Have had so much damn fun with both or almost 6 decades now it's hard to pick.
#3 Has to be the new Ruger 9mm Carbine. I know I must sound like a broken record on these but the little rifle rapidly became the best money I remember spending.

I kinda agree with Medic! I like them all! Well, with the exception of the Jennings 22. that thing came apart while i was shooting it. as in the whole upper receiver/slide went sailing in several directions! :mad:

FA MAC 10/45 Suppressed with Lage upper

FA Krink Suppressed with a custom single/three round burst/full auto selector

In general don't care for FA....although any MaDuece has satisfied....especially that one attached to the tank when the ANG was trying to recruit my high school buddies.

And the MP4 of 30 years ago.

Oh yeah, I could hit 200 yard target pretty well with the old Brit 303 with flat drum on top.

Mostly prefer buffalo era single shot if truth be told.

Ruger MKIII Target
Springfield M1A
Para Ordnance P14.45 Limited

Runners up:

M1 Garand (really a tie with the M1A)
M&P .40
Glock 35
Ruger GP100
Hawken BP Rifle, .50 cal

Last Edited:
M2HB both in a semi and happy variety, though only ten rounds on the belt in happy mode. Roaring thunder. I still remember the rush.

M107, stupid controllable recoil for such a freaking huge round, also was my wife's 1st fifty.

FN249s, who's owner gave me a full nutsack to unload, much harder to dump a belt full when you only get to go fully semi auto. I think I got maybe 40-60 rounds through it before my finger tired.

2 out of these three were kindly offered up by a member here during one or two of our clean ups.

There have been plenty other memorable firearms, usually the full autos get to the top of my favorite moments list. But here, there was some shared moments with good family or friends that brought these three to the top.

I was a little confused by the title. At first I thought you were asking about the top three favorite FA (Full Auto), then I realized that you meant top three FA (FireArms). Looks like I wasn't the only one.

Either way would be an interesting thread. :)

1. FAL, what can I sat? Its a bad@ss rifle, got some history, and is the right arm of the free world.
  2. AK, its just simple, does what I want it to do, and feeds the crappiest ammo you can find with the most beat up rusted magazines.
  3. The AUG, the god damn king of bullpups. I hate foregrips, but man does it have a good one. Simple to work on, little to no need for a gunsmith, and looks like a gun you'd use in space battles.

Hawken.jpg
My .54 Hawken Rifle made by my Friend Loren "Doc" Brown.
This is my favorite rifle of all ...Its fits me nicely , carries well and I know how to shoot it.
It has won many a rifle match and kept me fed.

P1110070.JPG
The Flintlock rifle pictured here ( upper )
J.Henry Trade Rifle .50 circa 1840's...I still shoot this one.
Coolest thing : "Bill Willyum's his rifle" carved in the stock.
Did this rifle really belong to Bill Williams the famous Mountain Man...?
I do not know...but it is of the right time period , place and maker....who knows.
Regardless ..kinda neat to have and shoot a rifle "That was there..." :D

DSC06606.jpg
My Remington 870 Wingmaster...from 1962
20 gauge 28 inch barrel Modified choke.
This is the first gun that I owned...given to me by my Grandad , when I was a kid.
It also has won many a match and still keeps me fed.
Andy

:(

My favorites would be my first one, my last one and my next one
. ;)

OK I can try to answer
1) My Ruger Mark III after I scoped it. Nice to give the old eyes a bit of help.
2) Marlin 336RC that took a couple elk for me. Loved that lever.
3) Ruger Single-Seven birdshead in .327 pictured to the left. My all time favorite.

My personal favorites that I've enjoyed shooting would have to be:

1. The Colt Govt. Model I inherited from my grandfather, first handgun I ever shot
2. The WWII M1 carbine I bought at a garage sale 30+ years ago. It's nothing special as far as a rifle goes, but it was my prize possession when I bought it, and I've enjoyed it ever since.
3. My old 50's Ithaca 37 12ga. I'm not a big shotgun guy, but this one just feels right.

It's not easy to pick just three, but if the thread was about full-auto guns I've shot, that would be really easy, since I've only ever shot three: 1. Uzi, 2. FAL, and 3. MAC10. Class 3 full auto stuff has always been out of my price range. I've been lucky enough to know a couple guys over the years with legal FA guns. They're fun to shoot once in a while, but I sure couldn't ever justify owning one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top