JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CZ75, your choice length of dust cover as you wish. I prefer the SP-01 and Shadow 2 for recoil absorption. P-01 does my CC duties.

S&W M&P-10. My first SA 308 rifle was a G3, I fired an M14 in the service, and a friend's FAL..... The SR25 pattern AR is superior to all of them and I'm not an AR guy.

Tie between Winchester Model 94 in 30 WCF and Colt Army Model 1860. Loading and shooting a BP gun is just fun... Kind of like a lever gun.

Ruger Mk III
DSC00153.JPG
M1A custom super match rifle.;)
P1000060.JPG
Mouse Gun Highpower Competition Rifle :rolleyes:
DSC00157.JPG

WOW I only buy firearms I really want so this would be really hard. SO instead I will give you 3 of my favorites.

c1905 Winchester Model 1895 Deluxe rifle 28" bbl Lyman #21 receiver sight (no checkering but A+ wood) in 30 Gov (30-40 Krag)

Remington R-1 .45 Cocobolo grips Wilson Beavertail, Trigger, & Hammer this is so well tuned pistol smiths that have handled it just want to keep playing with it. SOOOOO SMOOOOTH and accurate

Thompson Center Hawkin .50 cal percussion with a drop in 34" Green Mountain 1-72 twist round ball target barrel Built from a kit that I selected after looking at 20+ kits. Have had more fun shooting it then a man should be allowed.

AND MANY MORE
I'll give you a second on the R1.

Huh, maybe I need my hearing checked. I've fired several GI M1 Carbines, M14s (real and civilianized) and don't remember a noteworthy PING from them. The Garand however, now THAT'S a PING! when the clip ejects!

Was going to attach the photo I have of my son firing the M1 with the clip in the air but danged if I could find it :(

Rings like a tuning fork. ;)

My (slightly blasphemous) Para9 1911. All the 1911 goodness but shoots like a .22 (almost).

My SAR K245. 14 rds of .45, all steel CZ platform, a real pussycat... what's not to love?

My buddy's Savage .17 HMR w a Boyd's stock. All the fun of a .22 without the ammo shortage frustration. I'd like to get one w a threaded barrel and put a can on it... just for grins.

My P220 (45) and single action revolvers of just about any caliber get honorable mentions.

Last Edited:
My highly customized Para P14.45 with 18rd mags

My friends old .257 Roberts Ackley Improved... I don't remember what make of rifle but the round was sooooo sweet to shoot!!!

My Ruger #1 .22-250 wood stock, heavy bull barrel... chucks laying down at 250yds are 1" of belly target... hit them in the belly and they go flying 30' in the air, come down just skin and broken bones.

Well, the top three?
I don't know if it was a favorite, but it's one I'd wanted to shoot longer than any other firearm, a full auto Thompson. It was very cool and I'll be forever grateful to the member who let us shoot his.

#1) Grandpa's Ruger 22 Standard 6". First pistol I ever shot and these days pampered like it was made by Bill Ruger himself.
#2) Grandpa's Marlin 81DL 22 rifle. Carried a lot by Dad when he was a teenager and young adult. The first firearm I ever shot. I couldn't even speculate on how many bricks of ammo I shot out of this gun. See above for care instructions.
#3a) Dan Wesson CBOB 45 ACP. (also had one in 10mm. Ehh..whatever) Traded into it because I thought it would be an easy sale. That was probably 8 years ago. Didn't realize that it would become an extension of my hand. Carried daily.
#3b) My worked over Ruger 77MKII in 30-06AI rechambered by Velzey. I added a Hogue stock, Leupold V-XR 3-9 and a Timney trigger before Tim did his work on it. It is the only rifle I need.
Then there was that 686+ I sold...

#1 and #2 are favorites because they came from Grandpa, thru Dad, and then to me. They are the guns I built my shooting skills on. Both are extremely accurate and have great triggers. In fact, they are much more accurate than their original price tag would suggest, but they were built by Americans when quality mattered, even if the price was low.
Numbers 3a and 3b are "my" guns and are tools to be used. That Dan Wesson has more holster miles on it than every other handgun I own, or have ever owned, combined. The Ruger? Drag it thru the woods in rain, snow, freezing temps? Sure. Just make sure to turn it upside down and drain the water out of the stock at the end of the day.:D Two day Appleseed events? Why not? That's only a couple of hundred rounds...
Four favorites. Two classifications, Heirloom and tool. Sorry. Guess I just can't follow instructions.

Going to go with pistols just to narrow it down a bit. So many great choices.

S&W 6" 686+ my first and still favorite ever revolver. Shiny, smooth, and very accurate.

FNX 45 this is my pin shoot pin slayer. It edges out my R1 because I am a little more accurate with it, and it has double the capacity. I am really looking forward to some 3 gun fun with it.

Browning Buckmark for speed steel, this is my favorite bullseye plinker.

Going to go with pistols just to narrow it down a bit. So many great choices.

S&W 6" 686+ my first and still favorite ever revolver. Shiny, smooth, and very accurate.

I should have thought like this! Three of each would be a bit easier.

The 686+ I had was a prelock, round butt, 4". What a great revolver. I let it go because of that 10mm CBOB and that's part of my regret.
I looked for quite a while, but then a 69 popped up and I thought, "Well, 5 rounds of 44 should do the job of 7 357s", and I bought it. It's cool, but I'd trade it straight across for a gun just like my ol 686+.:(

1st: My Armscor .22 TCM 1911 clone.
2nd: My Armscor .22 TCM 1911 clone.
3rd: My Armscor .22 TCM 1911 clone.

I own over 100 other Firearms of just about every configuration and caliber. And I can honestly say that I've found it difficult, uninteresting to take any of them out shooting ever since I purchased my Armscor .22 TCM. It's just that much fun!

What's not to love about shooting hugh fireballs out of a 18-round pistol that has virtually zero recoi! I just can't seem to get enough of it.

My favorites are a little more modern than most on here, but these three go out with me everytime I go shooting
My CZ75b pre Omega
My Walther PPQ M2
My Ruger PC Carbine 9 Takedown.
All three make my heart happy :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show