JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I traded 800 cci41 for a lb of hodgdon h110.
the deal was to take the price of the primers from an online dealer, ( normal msrp), do the same for the powder at the same online retailer, and make the trade even based on retail msrp.
thats where we came up with 800 for 1lb.
I know I gave up more perceived value, in today's market, as I was giving up the primers, but I had them since before this madness,
incould not load anything without the power.

as a wise man once said,
the definition of a good deal is when both parties are happy.
Sorry I missed that somebody got a fantastic deal getting those CCI 41s.

Last month I purchased a home in West Lynn. It sold for 60% less than what I paid for it, just five years ago. Why can't I find a forum to complain about that? It is what it is. And I'm not talking about a $100 brick of primers - I'm talking hundreds of thousands of dollars.....

I'm not sure you TYPED what you meant to SAY. If you PURCHASED for 60% less than 5 years ago, how is that a bad thing? :confused:

I'm not sure you TYPED what you meant to SAY. If you PURCHASED for 60% less than 5 years ago, how is that a bad thing? :confused:
brain fart, what he wrote was confusing.

After rereading that statement, I think he was complaining that he had to pay 60% more for the house than the last buyer did 5 years ago.

I don't think a seller should screw themselves financially. The reality is what it is but when I see the 150 rd box of 5.56 that is still selling at $50 go for almost $200. Even if one could make several thousand in profit, if you can't replace it, what is the point?

Though I know people who could probably break off 3-5k rounds of ammo and still be good. Hopefully that's who we are seeing and not people selling all what they have. My philosophy is don't store more than you can transport. Anything over that is a gift to someone.

I'm Assuming.......
That we are all adults here.
So then (there is no need to get all hurt)......
The valuations and "need" is whatever one wants it to be.

It's up to both traders to determine the TRADE that is right for them.

That being said.....
I suspect that......
There are/might be some "traders" who are might/maybe/be looking for someone to contact them and perhaps make a cash offer. Thus, they don't have to list a "price" (as in a "for sale ad"). But at the same time, they have made it known, that they have a certain item/product that they might be convinced to part with. Thus, they skirt the rule about naming a price and maybe even turning it into a sort of private auction.

Anyway.......what do I know of the "true intentions" of some people?

Aloha, Mark

I'm Assuming.......

That being said.....
I suspect that......
There are/might be some "traders" who are might/maybe/be looking for someone to contact them and perhaps make a cash offer. Thus, they don't have to list a "price" (as in a "for sale ad"). But at the same time, they have made it known, that they have a certain item/product that they might be convinced to part with. Thus, they skirt the rule about naming a price and maybe even turning it into a sort of private auction.

Aloha, Mark

The Shadow knows.

The Shadow knows.

Shadow-05-2.jpg

I'm Assuming.......

That being said.....
I suspect that......

Aloha, Mark

So, if I were to put up a brick of primers, for, say $700.00? All I have to do is wait for the offers, of say, $350.00 to come in? And then I'd accept that, yeah? $350.00 for a brick of primers. Hmm. Or I could just put those primers up for $350.00 in the beginning? Well, not me, because I'm hanging on to my primers!

So, if I were to put up a brick of primers, for, say $700.00? All I have to do is wait for the offers, of say, $350.00 to come in? And then I'd accept that, yeah? $350.00 for a brick of primers. Hmm. Or I could just put those primers up for $350.00 in the beginning? Well, not me, because I'm hanging on to my primers!

NOT EXACTLY....because we were on the subject of a TRADE ad.

++++++++++++

But then....
Yeah....those valuations COULD JUST WORK.

BTW.....I have an extra 1000 primers. HA, Ha, ha.....

Aloha, Mark

It's not rocket science.
Market drives values.
Msrp is just that, suggested.

If you are willing to trade your item at 4x less then it's value then feel free. But don't expect others to do the same. Just not going to happen most of the time.

There are a few here that if they asked for a brick of primers for personal use at pre panic prices, I would gladly. But most will just flip and or trade up etc etc so they get current market in trades.

Valuations on small pistol primers is not looking good, so far:

Valuations on small pistol primers is not looking good, so far:

Getting more than $10-$12/100 might be a bit slow going.

I have had multiple offers from members wanting to trade a single pound of their powder for 1000 of my small rifle primers. None of those deals seemed attractive to me but I decided to see if the trade were reversed if i would get a simliar amount of offers, so I added a reverse trade option in my ad. I seriously doubt anyone will want to give up 1000 of their primers for one pound of my powder but crazier things have happened.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/small-rifle-primers-for-rifle-powder.357460/

Obviously it would vary by caliber, but the ratio of 1k of primers to 1lb of powder leans heavily toward the primers.
There are 7,000 gr in a lb of powder. Assuming a midrange caliber with a midrange load of 50gr, that is 140 rounds loaded. Mathematically that comes out to a ratio of 7lbs of powder to equate the same number of rounds as 1k primers. Assuming I did my math correctly. I do much better with sq ft and cubic yards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top