JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When folks don't respond back, they're actions are speaking so load I can't hear what they're saying...in other words, save yourself the aggravation and move on.

Ah, but what about trades? I'm dealing with this right now, I have an ad posted to trade a full size 9mm for something more concealed carry friendly. Got a PM from someone with a gun I'd be interested in, but the guy has NO posts, only joined the forum a few months ago, and obviously no feed back. I've been around awhile, have some good feedback buying, selling and trading, so made what I felt were some fair requests

First, a video call of some sort so we can both verify possession of what we say we have. Second, he ships first, once his pistol arrives at my FFL, I'll have them ship mine. There's also an issue with high cap mags, we're both in WA, but I offered cash to cover the cost of a couple of 10 rd. mags, which I'll easily recover selling what I have out of state. I know he's logged back in since my reply, but he still hasn't responded. Even if he didn't like my offer, a simple thanks but no thanks doesn't seem like too much to ask. I figure he's had plenty of time to think about it, so can only conclude that he's A) a flake, B) a scammer, or C) he has no concept of common courtesy. Or D), all the above 😆.

So I'd be interested to hear what others think is a reasonable process for this sort of situation. Maybe my suggestions insulted him so he just ghosted me. Later.

Dave
No way I'd take your deal. I'm not waiting for you to receive my item before you ship yours. Great way to get scammed

Ah, but what about trades? I'm dealing with this right now, I have an ad posted to trade a full size 9mm for something more concealed carry friendly. Got a PM from someone with a gun I'd be interested in, but the guy has NO posts, only joined the forum a few months ago, and obviously no feed back. I've been around awhile, have some good feedback buying, selling and trading, so made what I felt were some fair requests

First, a video call of some sort so we can both verify possession of what we say we have. Second, he ships first, once his pistol arrives at my FFL, I'll have them ship mine. There's also an issue with high cap mags, we're both in WA, but I offered cash to cover the cost of a couple of 10 rd. mags, which I'll easily recover selling what I have out of state. I know he's logged back in since my reply, but he still hasn't responded. Even if he didn't like my offer, a simple thanks but no thanks doesn't seem like too much to ask. I figure he's had plenty of time to think about it, so can only conclude that he's A) a flake, B) a scammer, or C) he has no concept of common courtesy. Or D), all the above 😆.

So I'd be interested to hear what others think is a reasonable process for this sort of situation. Maybe my suggestions insulted him so he just ghosted me. Later.

Dave
Personally I avoid this issue by not shipping anything and not expecting anyone to ship to me. I am sure it's not necessarily a risky thing to ship, but I find the added expense can turn an ok deal into a bad one. But if I could be persuaded to ship, it would only be to someone with a solid feedback score.

The same applies to driving a long distance. I am far less likely to drive half an hour or more for someone with zero feedback than someone with an established track record.

Personally I avoid this issue by not shipping anything and not expecting anyone to ship to me. I am sure it's not necessarily a risky thing to ship, but I find the added expense can turn an ok deal into a bad one. But if I could be persuaded to ship, it would only be to someone with a solid feedback score.

The same applies to driving a long distance. I am far less likely to drive half an hour or more for someone with zero feedback than someone with an established track record.
An hour drive round trip is a long distance??

Oops. I been doing it wrong.

48ypt7.jpg

I have no problem selling to or buying from people with no feedback. I just have specific criteria going in that must be met.

• I have no problem shipping an item someone wants to purchase, be that firearm or otherwise.
  • Trades I will only do in person, since I want to physically inspect the item I'm trading for.
  • Purchases I will do if below a certain dollar value, or if routing through an FFL.
  • If the person starts acting sketchy or flaky, I walk away.
  • If the person is rude or throws me an outrageous low-ball, I either ignore or make fun of them, depending on the situation.

Recently I have been stood up , had bad deals with a few members.

Always younger crowd. First time gun owners.
Wants to trade me his pistol for a red dot I own
Halfway through the ffl paperwork tells me he has nothing to mount the red dot too and backs out.

Bad deal
Guy calls the ffl before he calls me and asks if we can reverse the deal
Then calls me letting me know that is what he wants and the ffl already agreed to it. Well I sure as heck didn't.

I been on the forum since 2009

I have one negative feedback. Over a charging handle. A charging handle I didn't include with an upper. We're talking 10 bucks.

When it comes to shipping
If they don't have near 100 feedback and long term post count im not sending cash.

On the opposite. If you want to long distance trade with me, bet, your shipping first. Trust in feedback.
Mine is through the roof and when I say same day shipping or next morning I mean it. But my 400 feedback will not be sending your 11 feedback my item first.

Rant over

Last Edited:
Even if he didn't like my offer, a simple thanks but no thanks doesn't seem like too much to ask.
This I can agree with...

Not much bothers me at this point in my life, but the lack of a simple courteous response, is in my opinion fookin' disgusting.

I'm not losing sleep over it, but what the F. Good, bad or indifferent I'm a responder. Different strokes I guess. Some people just suck.

I'll climb down now...

I've been here only a short time and have just a handful of feedbacks. I'm conscious of that and try very hard to make the deal as painless as possible for the other party.
The worst experience I've had was with a well established member who has hundreds of positive feedbacks. He flaked out on our scheduled meet at the FFL, but based on his "history" I decided to give it another try. I delivered the $ to the FFL so all the seller had to do was make an appt to drop off the handgun, between 10&6, Monday thru Sunday.
After 2 weeks of feeble excuses, I told him to keep the item and left a negative feedback. His response was to leave ME a negative feedback. I bent over backwards to make it as easy and convenient as possible for this well established seller. All I got for it was a big, red 1 in the feedback column!
In my limited experience, a ton of positives is not an indication that the deal will go as agreed to.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews