JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True. A couple years ago I saw an ad for some reloading stuff at a great price, not too far from me. I messaged the guy right away and made a deal to pick it up.

He was fuming when I got there, not at me but at another member here who wanted it.

It seems that this other guy posted "I'll take it" after the deal was done, but before the seller had a chance to update the thread. He thought his "I'll take it" trumped everything, and was furious that it was "sold out from under him".

He got extremely nasty with the seller, multiple profanity-laced PMs before being blocked, then a bunch of angry posts on the thread. I posted on the thread that there is no "I'll take it" rule on this forum, and then he started sending me angry PMs, before I put him on ignore as well. Wow. And as I recall, from his posts I think he was law enforcement by profession.
This is really sad. One of those times that two people said they'd take it at very close to the same time. It's going to happen. You just got to deal with it. And a way WAY different thing that some puke saying the item was yours and THEN selling it to someone else before you could get over to pick the item up.

This is really sad. One of those times that two people said they'd take it at very close to the same time. It's going to happen. You just got to deal with it. And a way WAY different thing that some puke saying the item was yours and THEN selling it to someone else before you could get over to pick the item up.
That is why when I cross post things. I clearly state that date and time regulates priority in response.

That is why when I cross post things. I clearly state that date and time regulates priority in response.
Which ever is first be it an "I'll take it" on the post or the I'll take it" in PM. I usually do the "I'll take it" on the ad, because that is where I'm at, at the moment.

I won't say it has happened a lot, but I did have a Desert Eagle barrel and mags up and got a 'buyer' from South Carolina contact me. (alarm bells). Worked the whole thing out, but when I said that I wouldn't ship without payment first I never heard from them again.

I'm a C&R FFL and recently made an offer on a 109 year old firearm. No fan of ATF and I'd like it entirely abolished, and a return to private sales between free Americans. In the meantime, it does allow me to buy things I like online or at shows and get an occasional discount. 03s FFLs are not required to retain records after expiry of a license.

We may need a sticky on the fact that yes, it is legal to ship a firearm over 50 years old to an FFL, it's possible to confirm the validity of an FFL online at https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/FFLEzCheck/, it's legal to ship a long arm through the postal service, no need to transfer from, to or through another FFL, and nobody will shoot your dog.

I found the experience so frustrating that I withdrew my offer.

NWFA is full of great members but the classified section can be full of flakes and goofy commenters. You really have to pay attention to who you are willing to deal with.

Life happens. I've done it. On here in fact. I was looking at some bullets to buy and was in the middle of doing it when my wife broke her femur. Things can get crazy in the blink of an eye. Sh*t happens.

Hope the Wife is strong and healing well. Or healed at this time. And you contacted the member you were doing, trying to do, biz with I imagine?

Life happens. I've done it. On here in fact. I was looking at some bullets to buy and was in the middle of doing it when my wife broke her femur. Things can get crazy in the blink of an eye. Sh*t happens.
and so does the attitude towards people like you.........Sh#t happens right? Nice impression for your first post. I will remember your screen name when ever I sell stuff. Nothing I have is for sale to you.

Don't worry about him. He thinks he's our guard dog! :s0140:

Ah, here it is. Been looking for this one. No reason. :)

EefjcL0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top