JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my limited experience, a ton of positives is not an indication that the deal will go as agreed to.
I have had this issue only twice, with long time, well established members that flaked or in one of the two, ghosted me for months after ageeing to a deal. I didn't leave negative feedback, although I probably should have. Just moved on and won't deal with either of them again. The bummer part is the underlying desire to not go out of my way for deals moving forward. That being said, I won't let a couple bad experiences affect how I do deals. There are a lot of great people here, long time and new members.

Thanks, folks, some valid points made. My situation is complicated by my location, I'm about 10 miles past the middle of nowhere, in an out of the way part of the state. This is a rural area, not a lot of people, and most of those don't have a lot of cash to spare. The closest LGS is 40 miles away, and they have a fairly limited selection. Upshot of all that is, just about everything I buy/sell/trade HAS to be shipped. I have a little more leeway in that regard now, until she passed almost 4 months ago, I was a full time care giver for my disabled wife, made it nearly impossible to get away from the house for more than a few minutes at a time, and over the last few months, even spending time in my shop got put on hold. Which is also why I was a lot less active on the forum over the last few months.

I realize 11 positives isn't a huge number, but that plus being a forum member since 2016 certainly trumps 0 feedbacks OR posts, and only having been here a couple months. He could always have counter-offered, or just said no, but no response at all is just rude, or immature, or both. Later.

Dave

I have had this issue only twice, with long time, well established members that flaked or in one of the two, ghosted me for months after ageeing to a deal. I didn't leave negative feedback, although I probably should have. Just moved on and won't deal with either of them again. The bummer part is the underlying desire to not go out of my way for deals moving forward. That being said, I won't let a couple bad experiences affect how I do deals. There are a lot of great people here, long time and new members.
In retrospect, I should have just shrugged it off and gone on my way. 1 negative feedback won't likely affect his future dealings, but it could certainly affect mine.

I've been here only a short time and have just a handful of feedbacks. I'm conscious of that and try very hard to make the deal as painless as possible for the other party.
The worst experience I've had was with a well established member who has hundreds of positive feedbacks. He flaked out on our scheduled meet at the FFL, but based on his "history" I decided to give it another try. I delivered the $ to the FFL so all the seller had to do was make an appt to drop off the handgun, between 10&6, Monday thru Sunday.
After 2 weeks of feeble excuses, I told him to keep the item and left a negative feedback. His response was to leave ME a negative feedback. I bent over backwards to make it as easy and convenient as possible for this well established seller. All I got for it was a big, red 1 in the feedback column!
In my limited experience, a ton of positives is not an indication that the deal will go as agreed to.
Just based on your post here, I'd not hesitate to consider buying/selling with you. It's through communication in a coherent manner that I would vet would be buyers/sellers. Poor or bad com's you may be looking at trouble. I'd say people need to use the neutral feedback more just to give would be sellers/buyers a hint of what they may have to deal with. But I would also say that if you get someone like you're talking about, with a lot of positive feedback and many years and sales, you probably have to figure their going to retaliate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top