JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just my .02 Let's say a gun you are posting for sale or trade that's value is north of $700 includes more than 2 photos.! As a potential interested party it's not my job to chase the OP down for basic details. Try a little harder! 👍

Just my .02 Let's say a gun you are posting for sale or trade that's value is north of $700 includes more than 2 photos.! As a potential interested party it's not my job to chase the OP down for basic details. Try a little harder! 👍
That's been my complaint for years here. Granted I'm not in the market most times for guns up in the 'teens plus. I love to look and learn about some of these fine fire arms, but you never know?

My favorite "Text me for more photos." 🤦‍♂️
Unless you are a supporting member you can only post 5 pictures at a time. That's why people will redirect to text or other listing services.

I used to spend time photographing and editing dozens of pictures for my ads but lately nothing has been selling (not even on Gunbroker) and my effort reflects my general pessimism.

Maybe......they lack experience at actually selling stuff?

Rrrrright.....
They might be thinking.....

"A hamburger, is a hamburger, like any other."

Aloha, Mark

PS......mass produced items. OK, Ok, ok.....but, even blurry photos and then, some sellers just can't understand it when someone wants to have a closer visual inspect before puttin' down their money or even saying "I'll take it" on the internet.

Or listings that do little to combat lazy manufactures model naming.
I get it that many new to the firearms community may not know the difference between the different versions of Smith & Wesson's Bodyguard.
Don't get me started on their Lady Smith models or the versions being marketed in San Francisco as Laddie Smiths. 🌈 :s0026:

Unless you are a supporting member you can only post 5 pictures at a time. That's why people will redirect to text or other listing services.

I used to spend time photographing and editing dozens of pictures for my ads but lately nothing has been selling (not even on Gunbroker) and my effort reflects my general pessimism.
I have been noticing savage price cuts from everywhere.
Example, Midway sent me an email with some Vortex scopes over half off.
Even on this forum Glock gen 5's for $400? Wow, things have changed.
Bereli - $1,000 Shadow systems for $575.
BCA - AR10's for $525.
Euro optic, $299 Vortex for $129.

I have been noticing savage price cuts from everywhere.
Example, Midway sent me an email with some Vortex scopes over half off.
Even on this forum Glock gen 5's for $400? Wow, things have changed.
Bereli - $1,000 Shadow systems for $575.
BCA - AR10's for $525.
Euro optic, $299 Vortex for $129.
Even the mom and pop shops are seeing a big slow down with decreased value.

Sometimes I won't post pictures because it is deep in the safe, but I will pull it out and take pictures if someone is actually interested.

What pisses me off is when I post something for sale, and say "I will put up pics tonight", and I get the stupid :s0122:

from someone that clearly has no interest in it. It happened the other day, 5 minutes after posting, "pics???", so I post pics and tag them, and PM them the pics... no reply. Ask if they got them? "yep", so what is the deal? it is as described, just not what you thought it was going to be? Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. If you are an actual interested party, I will go out of my way to cater to what you need.

Prices are higher than retail. Don't worry about the photos. We aren't interested.

it-smells-like-5cbf2d.jpg

What pisses me off is when I post something for sale, and say "I will put up pics tonight", and I get the stupid :s0122:

from someone that clearly has no interest in it. It happened the other day, 5 minutes after posting, "pics???", so I post pics and tag them, and PM them the pics... no reply. Ask if they got them? "yep", so what is the deal? it is as described, just not what you thought it was going to be? Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. If you are an actual interested party, I will go out of my way to cater to what you need.
My favorite is unwanted trades. When I say "no trades".. that's what I mean. No trades.

I've just started consigning things at another LGS that has an actual storefront. I will take the hit on those, but I don't have to have to hassle with time wasters anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top