JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking only for myself....
With all the PITA requirements , restrictions and fees for a legal transaction....
It would have to be a sweet deal on something that I really wanted in order for me to buy or trade legally nowadays.

I used to buy , sell and trade fairly often before all the BS regarding private sales.
It was a fun way to get to play with many different firearms and in many cases for me , practice firearm refinishing and repair skills.
Andy

Most WA residents saw the writing on the wall and prepped heavily before this crap went to law. Ammo, components, upgrades, optics are now the expenditures.

Speaking only for myself....
With all the PITA requirements , restrictions and fees for a legal transaction....
It would have to be a sweet deal on something that I really wanted in order for me to buy or trade legally nowadays.

I used to buy , sell and trade fairly often before all the BS regarding private sales.
It was a fun way to get to play with many different firearms and in many cases for me , practice firearm refinishing and repair skills.
Andy
Exactly!!!!

It's the most , brokest time, of the yearrrr.
Refunds should be arriving soon.

1705892533403.png

Again speaking only for myself...

Even if Washington didn't have all of its dumbazz laws and PITA restrictions / requirements...
There needs to be something of interest to buy.

Most of the kinds of firearms that l like ...just ain't for sale 'round these parts.
And yes...I do enjoy , shoot and own modern firearms...
However...most of what I like even in modern firearms , just does not come up for sale,
Andy

Again speaking only for myself...

Even if Washington didn't have all of its dumbazz laws and PITA restrictions / requirements...
There needs to be something of interest to buy.

Most of the kinds of firearms that l like ...just ain't for sale 'round these parts.
And yes...I do enjoy , shoot and own modern firearms...
However...most of what I like even in modern firearms , just does not come up for sale,
Andy
give us some examples!!

The latest thing in Warshington state is the 10 day waiting period for all firearms purchases. That turns every transaction into a two-stage effort. You can imagine the effect it's having on gun shows, which had mostly gone down the tubes already due to previous legal revisions.

give us some examples!!
Well, some hunting arms that are popular in eastern states aren't often seen around here.

In general, as time passes, guns that are no longer made become more prized and therefore change hands less often. So, for example, we don't see as many nice Smith & Wesson revolvers come up for sale, not many wartime P.38's, etc. New England Firearms simple single shots haven't been made since around 2011, these were $100 guns around year 2000, ten years later, they were $150-$175 guns, new. Now people are paying stupid money for them. There are many other examples.

There is an uptick in WA estate sales and offloading of collections from what I have been seeing. Buying of new guns and flips have gone way downhill per an FFL friend with his finger of the pulse of the local sales.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top