JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't worry, my experience with noobs is they say "Do you still have "it"? If so I'll take "it" " So I send a well worded response along the lines of "Cool, give me an idea of when and where you might like to meet", and they ghost me. Oh, no feed back. They had been here for a time with some posts, posts mostly on other ads. Never dealt with those discourteous little pukes here before. And to those that say WE ALL started with no feedback once? Yes I did. But I COMMUNICATED with buyers/sellers so they knew right away what I had in mind. On the last one I even mentioned the issue I had had with a couple others. I stated if you wanna do this lets do it. I've had some flakes and I'm tired of it. He ghosted me! I left "Neutral" feedback for the next person to have contact with him! HA!
What cracks me up is when you list a gun for say $475 and the buyer's first post to you in reply is "$250". That's all just "$250". I would never respond to someone who does something like that. Scammer or flake imo.

What cracks me up is when you list a gun for say $475 and the buyer's first post to you in reply is "$250". That's all just "$250". I would never respond to someone who does something like that. Scammer or flake imo.
I don't think I've sold a gun here? I've bought guns. But, yeah, ignore them.

Many of my sales have been to new members with no feedback. They're carefully vetted but they've all been communicative, fair, and quick to pay.

Edit: they've been pretty cool folks... unlike a few longstanding forum members I've dealt with here :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Their money spends, right?

If someone is going to meet face to face at an FFL, hand over cash, and submit to a BGC, why care if they posted on a forum? How is it possible to get scammed in that scenario?

That said, everyone has a different willingness to accept risk. Nothing wrong with bailing on a deal that doesn't feel right for any reason at all.

Thanks Boss you always have a good line. You know how people hustle. If it doesn't feel right nada. I only have and sell classics so if you don't know what to ask I'm not Bi-Mart. No disrespect I love Bi-Mart and get ammo from there. Just wouldn't get a firearm there.

View attachment 1832463
Some of the best prices I've ever seen were on firearms I've purchased from bimart on red tag special. But as you said they don't have much classics. I got my 43x there for 329, my gp100 6" stainless (that I sold a while back) for low 500's, and I got my henry h100L for 179!

Just gotta be right place right time for them red tag deals!

Ive sold stuff to people all over the country that only signed up here to contact me about something I have for sale they found in a. google search.

solv3nt wrote:
"That said, I'll give something away with a value less than a few hundred before dealing with random Internet people."

That's right in my wheelhouse! Whatchya got?
BTW, I've been called alot of things, but never random, so deal with confidence!

Don't worry, my experience with noobs is they say "Do you still have "it"? If so I'll take "it" " So I send a well worded response along the lines of "Cool, give me an idea of when and where you might like to meet", and they ghost me. Oh, no feed back. They had been here for a time with some posts, posts mostly on other ads. Never dealt with those discourteous little pukes here before. And to those that say WE ALL started with no feedback once? Yes I did. But I COMMUNICATED with buyers/sellers so they knew right away what I had in mind. On the last one I even mentioned the issue I had had with a couple others. I stated if you wanna do this lets do it. I've had some flakes and I'm tired of it. He ghosted me! I left "Neutral" feedback for the next person to have contact with him! HA!
I have had this happen a lot lately. And not just noobs or folks with no feedback. Heck a few have been long time members with a lot of feedback.

I just don't get how hard it is to respond back with a "changed my mind" or "I've reconsidered but thanks anyway."

Makes me want to just block those people honestly.

I have had this happen a lot lately. And not just noobs or folks with no feedback. Heck a few have been long time members with a lot of feedback.

I just don't get how hard it is to respond back with a "changed my mind" or "I've reconsidered but thanks anyway."

Makes me want to just block those people honestly.
As I've said before. I think there are people, generally on the young side, that never learned to communicate properly. I do my best to communicate via computer just as I would in person. People who have mostly communicate via electronic means are lacking in communication skills.

As I've said before. I think there are people, generally on the young side, that never learned to communicate properly. I do my best to communicate via computer just as I would in person. People who have mostly communicate via electronic means are lacking in communication skills.
Very true. Sometimes you see people posting one single paragraph like 2 pages long. Or omitting punctuation entirely. Damn those are hard to read. Or using acronyms like crazy that they think people should know.

...and wither at the least attempt toward an honest exchange of ideas different than their own. Weaponless in the arena.

1709231693196.png

Ah, but what about trades? I'm dealing with this right now, I have an ad posted to trade a full size 9mm for something more concealed carry friendly. Got a PM from someone with a gun I'd be interested in, but the guy has NO posts, only joined the forum a few months ago, and obviously no feed back. I've been around awhile, have some good feedback buying, selling and trading, so made what I felt were some fair requests

First, a video call of some sort so we can both verify possession of what we say we have. Second, he ships first, once his pistol arrives at my FFL, I'll have them ship mine. There's also an issue with high cap mags, we're both in WA, but I offered cash to cover the cost of a couple of 10 rd. mags, which I'll easily recover selling what I have out of state. I know he's logged back in since my reply, but he still hasn't responded. Even if he didn't like my offer, a simple thanks but no thanks doesn't seem like too much to ask. I figure he's had plenty of time to think about it, so can only conclude that he's A) a flake, B) a scammer, or C) he has no concept of common courtesy. Or D), all the above 😆.

So I'd be interested to hear what others think is a reasonable process for this sort of situation. Maybe my suggestions insulted him so he just ghosted me. Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR