JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree but out of respect don't you tell the seller that it won't work out for what ever reason? This was not a general question for specs. It was a flat out offer and I agreed and the buyer stops answering PMs.
That's not ok if it was a clear offer. If it's tentative and just talking, well, that might be annoying but there's always the next person. Sometime people shoot out a trade inquiry to see IF that trade would be accepted.

I agree but out of respect don't you tell the seller that it won't work out for what ever reason? This was not a general question for specs. It was a flat out offer and I agreed and the buyer stops answering PMs.
Absolutely. At the first possible moment notify if one has to cancel. As a seller I get that bubblegum happens, but if it does let me know so I can accept next offer.

I've had 2 in the past few days. They say they will take it/buy it and then upon an attempt to make arrangements they disappear even though I can see they have been active on a regular basis. Hahaha.

Oh well. On to the next.

With that being said I've also had 2 positive transactions where I sold items in the past week. So I guess it all balances out. Just shifting through the ones full of bull sh!t.

I've had 2 in the past few days. They say they will take it/buy it and then upon an attempt to make arrangements they disappear even though I can see they have been active on a regular basis. Hahaha.

Oh well. On to the next.

With that being said I've also had 2 positive transactions where I sold items in the past week. So I guess it all balances out. Just shifting through the ones full of bull sh!t.
I had 2 that where two weeks ago that tried upping the price once we made a deal cause they looked on the almighty gun broker and found out it was worth more

Time, location, price — if you've agreed to all three of these and the person skips out, that's a ghost.

Just agreeing on a price does not a deal make.

In my experience on this site, since the rona deals and users here have been much less reliable. It's not a generational thing either — some younger guys have been the best buyers/sellers I've had here, and there's been some old timers where I wonder how they remember to breathe. In general these days I do tend to only buy here if it's something pretty scarce and sell through other venues because of the flakiness of the folks in the classifieds here.

Time, location, price — if you've agreed to all three of these and the person skips out, that's a ghost.

Just agreeing on a price does not a deal make.

In my experience on this site, since the rona deals and users here have been much less reliable. It's not a generational thing either — some younger guys have been the best buyers/sellers I've had here, and there's been some old timers where I wonder how they remember to breathe. In general these days I do tend to only buy here if it's something pretty scarce and sell through other venues because of the flakiness of the folks in the classifieds here.
What's rona? It didn't change my life one bit....I'm still the same person and conduct business in the same manner

I had a Guy try and postpone a meetup for some ammo.

I was so glad because I did some bad math and agreed on a trade that was pretty crappy on my end.

He helped me to dodge a bullet. I just said Nope.

Life happens. I've done it. On here in fact. I was looking at some bullets to buy and was in the middle of doing it when my wife broke her femur. Things can get crazy in the blink of an eye. Sh*t happens.

and so does the attitude towards people like you.........Sh#t happens right? Nice impression for your first post. I will remember your screen name when ever I sell stuff. Nothing I have is for sale to you.

Hope the Wife is strong and healing well. Or healed at this time. And you contacted the member you were doing, trying to do, biz with I imagine?

Yes. I did and I apologized.
Rdb241,
You realize how this makes you look, right?

P

Those that participate on this platform are still just folks looking to buy or sell and make or save some money while doing it. The ages of participants are all across the spectrum and as a result, so are their responses (or lack of same) to the various ads. I also think that this site is visited by criminals and gov't employees, so the "blame" for poor responses is as individualized as the firearms and other "stuff" being offered.

Those that participate on this platform are still just folks looking to buy or sell and make or save some money while doing it. The ages of participants are all across the spectrum and as a result, so are their responses (or lack of same) to the various ads. I also think that this site is visited by criminals and gov't employees, so the "blame" for poor responses is as individualized as the firearms and other "stuff" being offered.
Hey now let's leave the government employees out of this!

Ghost buyers....yes we have those.
Ghost sellers ....yep again , we those as well.

Something else we have is Feedback.
It is helpful to read it when involved in a transaction...Just as it is helpful to leave it after a transaction...
Or perhaps a lack of one , if that is the case.

Once you have committed to buying or trading , you should follow through with your word and the terms agreed to.
If circumstances change...letting the other party know , as soon as possible is both wise and polite.
Good communication is a key component to good interactions here on the forum...either in the classifieds or in a thread.
Andy

No feedback is a catch-22 for buyers and sellers. We all start at zero but it is also a reliable indicator for me.
That is why I like GUNBROKER, as a newbie with zero feedback I was able to win my first attempt to purchase, you are vetted up front, so the website minimizes the nonsense for the sellers.

That is why I like GUNBROKER, as a newbie with zero feedback I was able to win my first attempt to purchase, you are vetted up front, so the website minimizes the nonsense for the sellers.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: we have *plenty* of official FFLs, gunsmiths, and legit businesses on here that one could prioritize buying from in order to begin establishing some street cred on the site.

Having a post count greater than 5 doesn't hurt either and an intro thread is a good way to start engaging with the community. So too is grabbing at least a bronze star (shows you will put your money where your mouth is - I don't think we've had any scammers who were also members).

If someone isn't willing to put in the work to be trustworthy, why would I trust them? I haven't used gunbroker but have considered it…is there a pay to play aspect to it or how does the vetting work?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we have *plenty* of official FFLs, gunsmiths, and legit businesses on here that one could prioritize buying from in order to begin establishing some street cred on the site.

Having a post count greater than 5 doesn't hurt either and an intro thread is a good way to start engaging with the community. So too is grabbing at least a bronze star (shows you will put your money where your mouth is - I don't think we've had any scammers who were also members).

If someone isn't willing to put in the work to be trustworthy, why would I trust them? I haven't used gunbroker but have considered it…is there a pay to play aspect to it or how does the vetting work?
No pay to play, you email them a copy of driver's license and CPL before you can bid (2 pcs ID) I think?
Some will freak out about that but to me it is worth it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top