JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When a person has no ratings or you get emailed by two parties about the same item within a couple days with no background... Seems questionable. No?
I've thought this myself and my conclusion is that people find this forum through Google searches and sign up for membership simple to contact you about the ad. That's a good thing because now they're connected here and can become part of the community. I'll always give them a chance if they aren't acting shady.

Kind of like someone replying to a listing and saying, " I will pay your full asking price, in cash!".
Translation = They don't want to use an FFL for the transfer.

Last Edited:
If their email address isn't from a @MostDefinitelyNotTheATF.com domain then you're good-to-go.
Thanks Boss you always have a good line. You know how people hustle. If it doesn't feel right nada. I only have and sell classics so if you don't know what to ask I'm not Bi-Mart. No disrespect I love Bi-Mart and get ammo from there. Just wouldn't get a firearm there.

joker.jpg

I did sell a NIB james bond gun to a guy in VA that was super nice. And I dig meeting people from all over the country that like Winchester, Colt, S&W. Been a bit to hear from you all. Thank you for feedback.

All of us started here on the forum at some point, with no ratings, right? But of course, use common sense when contemplating engaging in transactions or interactions with those you don't know or have a comfort level with based on feedback.

And yes, sometimes a search engine will lead someone here or to another forum when looking for an item for sale. I've become a new member on several forums as a result of such (to contact a seller) and sold items to new members on here (but living some distance away) without issue.

Being in southern Oregon, the market isn't as high for the more expensive guns. I've only had one local buyer since I've been down here. I use a Google voice number for all transactions.

Being in southern Oregon, the market isn't as high for the more expensive guns. I've only had one local buyer since I've been down here. I use a Google voice number for all transactions.
oh yeah good idea. Been getting random people wanting to talk. Excited, not specific questions. (Like we were talking about a 22 now you like the 308.)

Catching you - larger market. Locally, not really the best experiences. I met some great FFLs in the area. Fun to talk with the old heads and honest folk. Just trying to be an honest citizen of the USA.

When a person has no ratings or you get emailed by two parties about the same item within a couple days with no background... Seems questionable. No?
Hard to say. Could be same person. I had one guy lowball me on a gun I was selling (it was already under used market price) and gave him a laugh emoji and ignored him. Then his buddy (i assume but it was pretty obvious) tried to buy it right after that. I didn't sell to either of them.

I wouldn't be worried if they don't have any feedback, or if they have a new account. I'll give more leeway or travel a longer distance for a person with feedback. I won't go out of my way for a new person. Also depends on the value, my time has a value to it, so I'm less likely to do anything for a seller the lower the value. That said, I'll give something away with a value less than a few hundred before dealing with random Internet people.

I've flipped to all communications thru here on PM/convo. Zero voice, zero text.

Given the advent of smart phones, pm/convo is almost as smooth as text from anywhere.

-I could see using a Google voice, or some similar option, if it truly is anonymous. I dunno, but pm/convo has everything quite clear & in writing.

Do understand the reasoning behind wanting a voice conversation tho, so my option wouldn't & doesn't work for all.

--Heck I get creeped out when folks get too close/look at my bona fides when I'm doing paperwork at FFL's. The ONLY folks who need to know the credentials are the FFL. NO ONE ELSE...

Not worried about new buyers. I've done deals with new members with no issues to date. New sellers, ones that aren't local are a no go for me.

Don't worry, my experience with noobs is they say "Do you still have "it"? If so I'll take "it" " So I send a well worded response along the lines of "Cool, give me an idea of when and where you might like to meet", and they ghost me. Oh, no feed back. They had been here for a time with some posts, posts mostly on other ads. Never dealt with those discourteous little pukes here before. And to those that say WE ALL started with no feedback once? Yes I did. But I COMMUNICATED with buyers/sellers so they knew right away what I had in mind. On the last one I even mentioned the issue I had had with a couple others. I stated if you wanna do this lets do it. I've had some flakes and I'm tired of it. He ghosted me! I left "Neutral" feedback for the next person to have contact with him! HA!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews