JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's going to be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Two Portland police officers knocked on Fay's door and he walked down the stairs "carrying an AR-15 style assault rifle," according to prosecutors. Officers were able to "take control" of the rifle and arrested Fay. When they checked the rifle, they determined it was loaded with a 30 round magazine, according to court documents. The safety was in the "fire" position.

"Defendant asserted that he had many more weapons inside the house and told (the officer) that he wanted to go back inside so he could go get another gun and kill (the officer)," deputy district attorney Chris Shull wrote in court filings.

The barrel of the rifle was determined to be 8 inches, which is "significantly" shorter than the minimum 16-inch barrel length allowed under Oregon law.

http://koin.com/2016/03/30/man-jailed-for-repeated-911-calls-over-homeless/

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

I wonder if it is a pistol with a brace and the arresting officers were unfamiliar? Be interesting to see a picture of the offending firearm.
Seems unlikely a firearm guy would flash an illegal firearm knowingly

I suppose it's possible he was both an idiot and exceeding drunk

Oh scat!

As always, there's a lot more to the incident than the media "reports".

By the way, someone makes a "short barreled" AR style pistol which is legal to own without Uncle's permission.

Hope that all turns out well.

If his comments were accurate.....fubar!

I wonder if it is a pistol with a brace and the arresting officers were unfamiliar? Be interesting to see a picture of the offending firearm.

probably a sig brace and prob freaked out the officer

And he kicked out the cop car window!
He's screwed.

I'm sure the "rifle" was actually a pistol and they are just ignorant and want to pad the charges.

He needs a good lawyer that can blame the alcohol about his comments.

But being wasted and having a loaded, safety off AR15 is not a good way to go.

Came in to say this. What do you want to bet it has a KAK shockwave or Thordsen and these guys jumped the proverbial gun.

Umm, ya you think "According to court records, it appeared alcohol may have played a factor in Fay's behavior."

They showed up because he called 911 7 times to complain about the Homeless problem, what a dumbbubblegum

I bet you it was a pistol. If he was an avid collector, there is no way he'd be dumb enough to make an SBR.

I too will chime in and say: Lets see this supposed SBR.

If this is in fact an illegal SBR, how do you guys think it'll play out in court?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top