JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When things go bump in the night ear protection is likely the last thing on your mind when you grab that gun ti investigate. The best way to be able to hear the police later is the use of a silencer, however the temporary or permanent loss of an expensive NFA item is lousy. That's also assuming you can afford the expense.

The Witt Machine SME is a non NFA noise mitigation device that while not as effective as a suppressor is much better than nothing where your ears are concerned. It's also a decent option for a truck gun.

Let's assume that Witt is correct and this somehow does not diminish the report of a firearm. Despite quasi-baffles and quasi-tube and advertising that it "reduces lateral auditory reports." Let's assume that they are correct that re-directing sound is not diminishing the report.

As a practical matter, how long until the ATF goes after these like braces and bump stocks and binary triggers? I'm not saying they should, or that the Constitution allows it, just that I would expect it within a year.

The ATF might go after these under the same theory as solvent traps, that they are silencer parts even if not a finished silencer.

I don't think it would be right, I'm just saying that practically speaking this looks like a test case, or maybe intended to bait the ATF into seizing them for a test case in federal court.

Let's assume that Witt is correct and this somehow does not diminish the report of a firearm. Despite quasi-baffles and quasi-tube and advertising that it "reduces lateral auditory reports." Let's assume that they are correct that re-directing sound is not diminishing the report.

As a practical matter, how long until the ATF goes after these like braces and bump stocks and binary triggers? I'm not saying they should, or that the Constitution allows it, just that I would expect it within a year.

The ATF might go after these under the same theory as solvent traps, that they are silencer parts even if not a finished silencer.

I don't think it would be right, I'm just saying that practically speaking this looks like a test case, or maybe intended to bait the ATF into seizing them for a test case in federal court.
I'm pretty sure that in the past the ATF have had decreed that any(-/+) changes in decibels from the shooters position makes the muzzle device a "silencer" and thus NFA regulated items?

image-asset.jpeg-2.jpg
Just sayin

These pique my interest and the idea has merit Im jut not certain it makes enough of a difference. The youtube guy is probably sponsored to give a favorable review. Id like to hear more positive reviews.

I dont see how these could be targeted as silencers but I can see the man going after the solvent traps. Might be a good idea to get one now while these are still fairly under the radar.

You'll be amazed at what your body will do when in high stress when shooting in regards to hearing and auditory exclusion.

And I won't be talking with the cops when they show up. I'll be waiting for an attorney first.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top