JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although he may have behaved like an F'tard here, he's a fellow gun owner.
We can contribute to his defense fund. Buy Base Camp beer.
I can understand his irritation and disgust: I have seen homeless people jerk off in public, been harassed by them for food and money when sitting at a sidewalk cafe (talk about stink!), and stepped in to defend one when guys were beating him senseless because he stole one of their backpacks.
I have plenty of stupid stuff in my history where it's a miracle I'm alive or haven't been shot (many times.)

My point being, he eff'ed up. We can criticize him, but let's not denounce or abandon him.

Last Edited:
While I couldn't agree more at his disgust for the homeless trash in portland, we as gun owners and 2A supporters cannot defend his actions.
He is the perfect example of why the gun control people hate guns owners and have ammo per 'se to get more dribbling idiots to back them.

This guy is not a responsible gun owner. And should be in jail.

And the homeless and ridiculousness of portland is why I moved to Vancouver.

Being homeless isn't generally a crime. Acting the drunken fool with a loaded weapon that might be illegal is a crime if found guilty. He walks down that road he's no "fellow gunner" of mine. He's become a liberal gun grabbers' wet dream and poster child making the rest of us responsible folks look reckless.
If he is guilty of the charges and found so under the law he deserves whatever they give him. Gun ownership is a right but responsible gun ownership is mandatory.

Actions have consequences.

Brutus Out

Although he may have behaved like an F'tard here, he's a fellow gun owner.

Just because he's a fellow gun owner doesn't mean anything in my mind. Buying a gun doesn't magically make you a responsible person or "on our side". Look at all the countless slobs who ruin and close down shooting ranges by leaving their shot up garbage in our forests. Telling a cop you're going to go back inside and get another gun to shoot them is inexcusable, even when drunk. Kicking out police car windows too? come on.. He acted stupid and now he'll face the consequences, rightly so.

You guys all judge him based on reports from the media.
One thing I LOVE about our country and constitution is right to trial before a jury of your peers. While I believe, as gun owners, we should have behavior that is beyond reproach, we still need to watch out for our kind. Why? Slippery slope.
Oh sure, I won't shoot with people who are drinking. Never have, never will. Nor do I condone it.
He may already have lots of operating revenue. Still, I'll buy a six pack of his beer to contribute a buck or two to his defense.

Lucky his brains weren't introduced to the light of day by the responding officers.

The 4 S rule is in place here--- Don't do Stupid things, with Stupid people, in Stupid places at Stupid times of the day.

And I will mention again the "S" corollary: Play Stupid Games; Win Stupid Prizes.

Oh... and here's his sign.....

I'm not condemning not condoning him. But the two things that don't seem to be contested here are that he had been drinking and was armed. There isn't a time when those two activities should be mixed.

As for the rest of the stuff, he deserves his day in court and will get it. If he's guilty, the damn him for making the rest of us look bad and giving the anti's ammunition. If he's not, then damn the media for their portrayal.

Yup. ORS violation of Class B felony is up to 10 years and $250,000 fine. Aggravating circumstances push the penalty towards the upper range. Federal statute = (ATF): 26 U.S.C. §§ 5801- 5872, 10 years for each violation.

He is sooooo screwed if it's really an SBR. I hear the NFA agents are pushing violations seriously.
It's sad but true, if it's a bonafide SBR and he ain't got the tax stamp... Screwed for sure...

They'd (NFA) throw the book at him but what about the daily violence in Chicago??? Felons with firearms, NFA not interested in that... You'd think that'd be easy pickings...

You guys all judge him based on reports from the media.
One thing I LOVE about our country and constitution is right to trial before a jury of your peers. While I believe, as gun owners, we should have behavior that is beyond reproach, we still need to watch out for our kind. Why? Slippery slope.
Oh sure, I won't shoot with people who are drinking. Never have, never will. Nor do I condone it.
He may already have lots of operating revenue. Still, I'll buy a six pack of his beer to contribute a buck or two to his defense.

He got charged for a number of things, the LE and judicial system seem to think they have a case...that's not siding with the media, that's looking at HIS actions that led to HIS arrest. I am looking at what they charged him with, not what the media says.
Booze and loaded guns do not mix. Period. As a black comedian used to say: "he brought that chit on hisself."
Good for him if he can hire an attorney to get him off. That's the system. But stupid stuff like this doesn't help the 2A cause.
Brutus Out

Outside of calling 911 repeatedly what crime was committed? Now you can't have a loaded firearm in your house? While not wise I hate it when only the police are allowed to feel safe. If it turns out that this was an AR pistol and not an unregistered SBR he may not be in too much trouble. I've learned not to put a lot in media reports lately. Especially when guns are involved.

If it was a stabilizing brace I would hope that situations like this won't help push the ATF to ban them also.

They don't need much of a reason.

And how exactly would that work? If it is not a SBR then its just a firearm. Yes the guy should not be waving it around drunk but that was his only crime if this is in fact a legal weapon. There is nothing for the AFT to even have an opinion about. They don't suddenly go "Oh, we better ban that. Some guy in Oregon was waving one around drunk"

Alaska... Handling a weapon while drinking is a crime. Good idea or bad idea?

Btw, threatening a LEO a crime? Kicking out the window for sure is!

And since when did they use any logic whatsoever making gun control laws?

No joke, when I try to decipher Kali laws on what I should take what I should throw in the lake it makes my head hurt. They say "Use the flow chart". That;'s well and good but one SKS might be legal while others are not, also "features", magazine capacity, what constitutes Kali residency if you move away and move back. Plus if you lived through all their bubblegum then you understand the evolution of their laws, maybe. TRULY THE LAWs DOWN THERE WERE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO ENTRAP PEOPLE.

Brutus Out

Alaska... Handling a weapon while drinking is a crime. Good idea or bad idea?

Btw, threatening a LEO a crime? Kicking out the window for sure is!

Yup, but it strengthens his temporary insanity plea. Then he gets to go to alcohol and anger management classes for a year instead of jail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top