JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I should be mad the cop thinks he doesn't have to follow the law, or mad that the cop was caught not following the law?

Things were a lot easier when gun forums were law and order advocates.
Sometimes a legal/lawful thing is unjust, immoral, evil, or just plain stupid. It seems to me that we're dealing with laws nowadays that check all of those boxes.

I don't know if getting angry about what's happening is helpful. Maybe it is, if the anger motivates us to correct what's going wrong.

If I understand correctly, Hitler's actions with his death camps were "legal".

And I'm sure the citizens of Nanking thought being unarmed was fine, until the Japanese started using their babies for bayonet games.

The fact that California is blatantly violating the 2A with no hue and cry from its citizens is revealing. I expect the rest of the nation will follow California's lead.

I'm reminded of the Soap Box, Ballot Box, Ammo Box discussion, and it makes me sad for the younger folks.

Sometimes a legal/lawful thing is unjust, immoral, evil, or just plain stupid. It seems to me that we're dealing with laws nowadays that check all of those boxes.

I don't know if getting angry about what's happening is helpful. Maybe it is, if the anger motivates us to correct what's going wrong.

And I'm sure the citizens of Nanking thought being unarmed was fine, until the Japanese started using their babies for bayonet games.

The fact that California is blatantly violating the 2A with no hue and cry from its citizens is revealing. I expect the rest of the nation will follow California's lead.

I'm reminded of the Soap Box, Ballot Box, Ammo Box discussion, and it makes me sad for the younger folks.
You just named two tyrannical dictatorships, not representative democracies.

Laws....just or unjust can be followed or not.
In either case the consequences of doing so...be it following the law or breaking the law can be more that what one expects.

In the case of the OP...
If and that is a little word with big implications .....
If all that the deputy did "wrong" was being in possession of a AR-15 rifle.....then I see nothing wrong with what he did.
I consider the law here unjust.

However....
It don't matter what I think or consider...
I ain't a lawyer or law maker.
It also ain't me facing those charges or making firearm laws / rulings ..so it's easy for me to say one thing or the other.
Andy

Last Edited:
You just named two tyrannical dictatorships, not representative democracies.
We're supposed to be a democratic republic. But we've allowed an oligarchy to form.

IMG_4740.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

It's not so scary when you see the uncropped image and see that the building is red white and blue but I'm guessing the folks that did the cropping knew that :rolleyes: Ohhh nnooooooooessss! I object to misleading propaganda so I must be a Biden suporter now! :eek:

:s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

NotSoScaryBiden.jpg

If this LEO was breaking the law "maybe" this will wake up a few more? Who knows. Not living there had not kept up with the stuff they have passed there. I never have liked the "law for thee but not for me" stuff. So "if" what this LEO was doing was not legal I find it hard to believe he did not know. If and that's a big if, he did know he could not keep what he had and did it anyway? Well hope he thought it was worth it now. Maybe this will wake up a few more but who knows.

So "if" what this LEO was doing was not legal I find it hard to believe he did not know.
How often have we read of LEOs that have been busted for blantently, illegal acts?

What was the one not too long ago about the one aquiring guns and selling them illegally? Correct me on it if anyone remembers but I believe he was getting department turn ins or something and selling them. Again, I am probably not accurate on this but I recall a thread on it.

Last Edited:
How often have we read of LEOs that have been bustet for blantent illegal acts?

What was the one not too long ago about the one aquiring guns and selling them illegally? Correct me on it if anyone remembers but I believe he was getting department turn ins or something and selling them. Again, I am probably not accurate on this but I recall a thread on it.
I do know of several cases of LEO's who definitely knew better than to do what they were doing and paid a heavy price for it. Them I have never felt badly for. Take that job and choose to knowingly break laws? You play stupid games and win stupid prizes. I have also known a few LEO's who really did look at themselves as "above" the laws the rest of us were supposed to live by. Sucks but human nature and all. Some times it is shocking how ignorant some LEO's are about the "law" they are supposed to be enforcing though. I had some VERY interesting run ins long before the net with Class III stuff and LEO's who really had no clue what the law was and would stumble upon us shooting. Now days its pretty sloppy of one to really just blatantly have something the state he works for does no allow though. I still would love to know why they were at his home looking it the first place and that we may never really know.

I know a recently retired San Francisco officer. He said the California AR restrictions applied to him as well.

I would like to know in this case, what they are calling an unregistered AR15. Was it an 80%? Did he buy it privately without FFL? Did he own it before the laws changed? They said unregistered but not illegal, from what I recall of the article.
In CA, long guns purchased after 2014 must be registered.

Throwing out a little inside baseball on investigations of LEOs. They are not out searching officer's homes for dreaded, "assault rifles" (my fingers refused to type those words in the first three attempts). Betting everything stemmed from the investigation of bringing dope and phones into the jail. They would likely have been issued a warrant to search his house based on evidence of this and found the gun(s) and tracer ammo. They file on these, as they are no-brainer prosecutions, and are still working up evidence on the other charges, which will be more difficult to build the case on.

Hypothetically, betting if they did search every officer's home in Cali there would be thousands of job openings. So many of my co-workers are shocked to see what the gun laws prohibit after they retire. Not necessarily because they were breaking laws, but becaue the average officer NEVER has the opportunity to enforce the silly guns laws, they are too busy arresting bangers with full auto Glocks shooting up parties to worry about an accountant with a ghost gun locked in his safe.

I had not noticed that. Not keeping up with Komi law when they took the AR's did they allow those who already had one to "register" it so they could keep it or something???
Yes, they granted a period of time for registration. Following that period, they granted an extension (I've forgotten the reason they gave) and thereby netted a number of additional registrations. California then backtracked on that extension (I've forgotten the excuse they gave) and began confiscating the "unregistered" ARs exposed during the "late" registration period.

Sucker says, "But, but, didn't you permit me to legally register my AR during that much-advertised extension period?"

Commifornia DOJ says, "Well yeah, but we lied about that extension and lured you (and a bunch of others) into revealing that you had failed to register your AR during the one & only valid registration period. Now give it up."

One where a figurehead from the "in group" pretends to lead the country every four years.

Trump upset their apple cart temporarily. That's why Hillary and the rest of that crew lost their minds when he was elected.
Hillary lost her mind because Trump is an a-hole. It's just that a lot of Americans wanted an a-hole to be president.

I don't think you can have an oligarchy with two "in groups". That's generally known as a democratic two party system. The history of elected leaders shows tons of legislators and presidents that didn't come from any sort of "elite class".

Elect whoever you want. Run for office if you want. George Santos did. Jimmy Carter did.

As far as I know active CA Leo's are exempt from most AR restrictions. I wonder if his suspended status is being used to remove that exemption?
The tracer ammo is banned from purchase, banned from use, and banned from ranges. But possession? I'm not sure.
This is the way CA used the Ban to get at those that did not register Assault weapons durring the 90's. they used any reason to search to find unregistered AW's, and punish those people to make a point to all others. They put up tip lines to rat on your ex, your neighbor, etc...
This looks to me to be a way to get this guy to Plead out, Roll over on others, etc... They pile on the charges, until the guy sees no other way out. DR
I know someone who got a felony conviction for tracer ammo possession in California.

It's a convoluted tale of a land grab. The tracer ammo was in a shipping container with some other surplus they had just purchased as surplus from the us government and had not yet searched. But yeah, 2 felony convictions for 1 box of 20 rounds of tracers they never knew they had.

Last Edited:
The LA District Attorney George Gascon is a woke Soros funded Democrat. He has refused to include firearms enhancements with many gangbangers prosecuted for criminal acts which included the use firearms, in the name of social justice. His relationship with law enforcement is tenuous at best. I suspect that Soros Gascon is sending a message to LE and those whom criticize him.

There was a kid who lived across the street. Growing up was one of the first to break out of an F'ed up family of druggies. The grandmother raised all of her kids, kids.

Anthony joined the USAF at 18. Got stationed in Spain. Got married and four years later got a job as a prison guard in California. Soon after he was arrested himself for bringing in contraband to his many incarcerated relatives.

It's sad to see a good guy get caught up but it happens. Out of 6-7 grandsons, he was the only to do "good". It wouldn't surprise me if the one who got him to smuggle things was the one to turn him in.

There was a kid who lived across the street. Growing up was one of the first to break out of an F'ed up family of druggies. The grandmother raised all of her kids, kids.

Anthony joined the USAF at 18. Got stationed in Spain. Got married and four years later got a job as a prison guard in California. Soon after he was arrested himself for bringing in contraband to his many incarcerated relatives.

It's sad to see a good guy get caught up but it happens. Out of 6-7 grandsons, he was the only to do "good". It wouldn't surprise me if the one who got him to smuggle things was the one to turn him in.
Sadly so often you see this where someone really had almost no chance in life.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews