JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My experience is that cb shorts through a long barrel are quiet. Regular shorts are louder than cb but similar to low powered 22lr.

Cb shorts through a revolver are loud due to the cylinder gap.

Imo no shorts compare to 22lr with suppressor in terms of noise. 22 suppressors only cost about $150 for a good one (excluding stamp of course) and imo are worth every penny. 22lr subs with suppressor are about 110 db in a bolt gun which is almost exactly the same sound level as opening a can of pop. Another reference is that cycling the action (pulling handle and letting go as if it were cycling normally) on a semi auto 22 is about 115db. 5db = 50% more perceived sound so in other words cycling the action with no bullets on a semi auto is 50% louder than shooting a bolt gun with suppressor and subs.

Here is an 18" bolt 22lr shooting cci quiet compared to dropping a pencil on a wood floor. The loudest part of the shot is the bullet hitting the target.

Had my rifle out for the first time ever today with the can. Hot damn. I didn't perceive more than the firing pin.

Keep in mind microphones pick up far more than we hear. First shot missed, second shot on steel at 100 yards.

You rang?
ha it sounds like I sent up a solv3nt signal :p

1684013127150.png

if you want to drive all the way up from Roseburg just to go target shoot come on up. Just dont ask me to wear a Robin costume..... :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews