JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The shorts will work in a semi as well but you can only load up 3-4 before they get all wonky in the mag. I purchased a old Smith 22 revolver and believe all the owner shot was shorts it would not eject the shells easily. I notices a ring in the cylinder and had to get the cotton swab and some PB and slick as butta now .

As for quiet I have used CCI quiets but ELY subs by far have been the quietest with or without the suppressor when I used them at the range someone asked me what type of Co2 rifle it was

Last Edited:
Agree. I bought 2 of the armscor m14y guns for $120 ea out the door from lucky sporting goods. They have proven to be a very accurate rifles. If it wasn't for that darned tax stamp total cost would be $120 + $150 for suppressed pesting gun. I use for heavier pests with airgun pistol doing 99% of the pesting work.

View attachment 1421315
View attachment 1421316
dang, those armscors are less than what I paid for my Breakbarrel air rifle, which I am severely disappointed in. I wish I had bought that Marauder PCP though they do cost way more. Love that wooden folding stock on yours.

The shorts will work in a semi as well but you can only load up 3-4 before they get all wonky in the mag. I purchased a old Smith 22 revolver and believe all the owner shot was shorts it would not eject the shells easily. I notices a ring in the cylinder and had to get the cotton swab and some PB and slick as butta now .
so it sounds like if one shoots shorts in a LR chamber they need to clean it often, probably even during range sessions to keep the carbon from building up.

dang, those armscors are less than what I paid for my Breakbarrel air rifle, which I am severely disappointed in. I wish I had bought that Marauder PCP though they do cost way more. Love that wooden folding stock on yours.
I hear you on break barrels. Went through several of those before finally giving up on them. PCP is a lot more accurate Imo (but I've never had the real high end air arms or similar break barrels though so I can't stay about those). Yesterday 4 shots = 4 squirrels that dropped like a stone. This morning 1 the same way. They eat my bamboo if I don't thin out these invasive squirrels this time of year.

One thing that may be worth trying (but it's a longshot) if you haven't tried yet is jsb exact pellets. My gun likes the 18.1 grain jumbo heavy jsb exact. Another thing is that some guns do better with copper plated pellets. I don't know why. The most accurate pellet in my gun is the hand n field target trophy power 14.? grain. It may not be worth the cost to try (and you may have already tried those) but it's an option. Fwiw I've never had any pellet that is not a domed shape do well (one exception was .177 poly mags in a lothar Walther choked barrel which resizes the pellet on the way out, leaving really deep grooves in the pellet skirt). All just fyi fwiw.

Last Edited:
I hear you on break barrels. Went through several of those before finally giving up on them. PCP is a lot more accurate Imo (but I've never had the real high end air arms or similar break barrels though so I can't stay about those). Yesterday 4 shots = 4 squirrels that dropped like a stone. This morning 1 the same way. They eat my bamboo if I don't thin out these invasive squirrels this time of year.
My back neighbor has chickens so I get rats running between the fenceline and my firewood rack. Its been some fun baiting them thru the breakbarrel but that air rifles been too problamatic to ever buy another one. it holds a group but every day is a different zero that can change any time. took all the fun out of culling the rats.

My back neighbor has chickens so I get rats running between the fenceline and my firewood rack. Its been some fun baiting them thru the breakbarrel but that air rifles been too problamatic to ever buy another one. it holds a group but every day is a different zero that can change any time. took all the fun out of culling the rats.
Reminds me I used to have a video on here of shooting a small rat with 15-22 with binary trigger. Talk about overkill. First shot was to the head though so not too gruesome. I think i deleted it so as to not freak out someone who might be looking from afar from a non firearm (ie peta or whatever) perspective.

Reminds me I used to have a video on here of shooting a small rat with 15-22 with binary trigger. Talk about overkill. First shot was to the head though so not too gruesome. I think i deleted it so as to not freak out someone who might be looking from afar from a non firearm (ie peta or whatever) perspective.
when I first noticed rats in the backyard I searched how to remove them and ran into Petas site, they said to live trap them only (of course) and relocate them.... get this, no more than a few hundred yards from where you trapped them. Otherwise they get disorientated and fall victim to natural predators.....
Peta people have a screw loose in the brain....

when I first noticed rats in the backyard I searched how to remove them and ran into Petas site, they said to live trap them only (of course) and relocate them.... get this, no more than a few hundred yards from where you trapped them. Otherwise they get disorientated and fall victim to natural predators.....
Peta people have a screw loose in the brain....
That is insane. Sometimes I wonder if poeple posting that stuff ever go outside the house or do anything hands on in the real world.

I do use live traps with peanut butter (hav-a-hart brand) for rats and then shoot them. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered to shoot in the dark and I have never found a non-live trap that works reliably. Only problem is bullets go through rat and bend cage wires sometimes but not that big of a deal. I hate using poison because you never know what can eat the dead poisoned rat. Have a relative whose dog died doing that.

I do use live traps with peanut butter (hav-a-hart brand) for rats and then shoot them. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered to shoot in the dark and I have never found a non-live trap that works reliably. Only problem is bullets go through rat and bend cage wires sometimes but not that big of a deal. I hate using poison because you never know what can eat the dead poisoned rat. Have a relative whose dog died doing that.
yeah, I wont use poison. Ive had great use from a cheap victor snap trap. Some of the older rats would ignore them, they are smart. I built a DIY pellet trap and would bait in front of it for several days, the larger rats would get comfortable with that. I notice after I take out a couple of the larger rats I wouldnt have new rats for a good month... novelty fun on the few rare days with nothing else to do but got tired of rezeroing the breakbarrel even after a few shots sometimes. I know they are vermin but I still dont like to wound anything.

That is insane. Sometimes I wonder if poeple posting that stuff ever go outside the house or do anything hands on in the real world.

Just submerge the live trap. Empty it, re set , repeat.

I bought a bunch of shorts just for my Henry small game carbine. You can get close to 20 rounds packed in that thing! It's a lot of fun and everybody loves shooting them.

I was just curious if it was safe. I might try a box or two just to 'see' how loud they are but thats about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews