JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do have a "Stun Gun" that I carry when I'm downtown in the summer, just in case the street urchins get a little too frisky with their panhandling.
LOL, I still have one of the stun Batons around here somewhere. Used it long ago when I was working for a VERY rich guy with some Hotels. Now and then would find some street person sleeping in some corner. Have to tell them to move along. Some would resist pretend to be sleeping. Touch it to their leg and they stopped pretending. When I first bought it I tried it on me to see how it would work. Felt just like touching a spark plug on the lawn mower as a kid. Hurts plenty good to get attention. I have seen a couple people carrying them at the Dog Park. I'm sure if you touched one to an aggressive dog they would become much less aggressive. :)

DemolitionMan_baton.png

I have a picture of hillary clinton in my wallet.

Seriously though, I wouldn't carry anything non-lethal.

Including my knife and keys.
I'm with you. If I'm in the situation I can justify nonlethal I'm in the situation which justifies lethal. I'm nota police officer and don't have a sliding scale to work up. Either I'm in fear out I'm not.

Here in NC we have laws that seem odd. My permit allows me to carry ONLY a pistol concealed; mace and stuns guns, while legal to buy without a permit, are illegal to carry CONCEALED, and can't be carried openly on school grounds. However, some of us keep a full can of wasp and hornet killer in our vehicles. It certainly isn't very compact or concealable, but there's plenty of it, it has a long range, and if it gets in the eyes you can consider the problem resolved.

Im interested in hearing what kinds of non-lethal self defense gear you all are carrying.

I live on a farm, and have bear spray to deter beasts - or people (no, I haven't sprayed any of the Jehova's Witness folks who occasionally come by).

I also have a pocket-sized can of Mace that might come in handy if I'm trying to get away from a crowd of anti-Trump rioters.

Have thought about getting a taser, just not sure how much gear I want to be packing around.

Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Have you ever had to use a taser, or Mace, or some other non-lethal self-defense gear?
It's silly to give you non lethal weapon, because they won't stand up to a gun or rifle. If the grid went down, there would be masses of people heading towards your place. Non lethal weapons
I keep pepper spray in the vehicles, a can of bear spray near the front door and on out of town trips, and an ASP "Tonya Knocker" in my truck. I keep the baton in plain view so its not a concealed weapon. I am always armed, even at home, and always carry a large, spring assist folding knife. Usually a Kershaw Blur, Tanto!
I might be considered heavily armed, but I live in inner NE PDX.

When you say armed, do you mean a gun of some sort? If not, you're not heavily armed.

It's silly to give you non lethal weapon, because they won't stand up to a gun or rifle. If the grid went down, there would be masses of people heading towards your place. Non lethal weapons

When you say armed, do you mean a gun of some sort? If not, you're not heavily armed.

Yet, I have a .380 handgun and a .22 rifle and I still have a knife, a stun baton which is great because it gives you reach and if you don't believe in guns, then consider a high power slingshot with metal balls and maybe a pistol crossbow?
Sifu

I'm a Wordsmith, so I generally can talk my way out of most issues.

If that doesn't work I'll go to "Jazz Hands" nobody hits someone doing "Jazz hands"

However, some of us keep a full can of wasp and hornet killer in our vehicles. and if it gets in the eyes you can consider the problem resolved.
I've read articles that say you could be in BIG trouble for using Bug Sprays on humans. And then of course there are these 3 points from an article: "2. Using a pesticide in a manner other than according to labeled directions is a violation of federal law (the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act). 3. It is illegal (finable offense) for anyone to recommend a use other than the labeled use. 4. Personal liability is likely to be significant for a person who deliberately sprays another person with a pesticide."

I've read articles that say you could be in BIG trouble for using Bug Sprays on humans. And then of course there are these 3 points from an article: "2. Using a pesticide in a manner other than according to labeled directions is a violation of federal law (the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act). 3. It is illegal (finable offense) for anyone to recommend a use other than the labeled use. 4. Personal liability is likely to be significant for a person who deliberately sprays another person with a pesticide."
You should take that smarm on the road. a firkin rock in your pocket is illegal

There is some good points here. OC is generally food grade and proven to be mostly harmless in the long term. If you record the serial number and lot number of your OC, the manufacturer can be used as a witness to this effect. At least DefTech/Safariland will.

There is some good points here. OC is generally food grade and proven to be mostly harmless in the long term. If you record the serial number and lot number of your OC, the manufacturer can be used as a witness to this effect. At least DefTech/Safariland will.
Why do you hate food grade rocks?

I think it interesting that in this whole thread (I could be wrong.. check and sue me), the term "less-lethal" was not brought up instead of the thread posit "non-lethal".
I think the big gun (even if you sport a bat belt) in this mix and in this context is weaponless martial ability.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top