JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you pull a baton or some form of "non-lethal" you may have just opened the door for the other party to also pull a weapon (gun/knife/pipe/bat) in self defense.

Use your head. People are watching/recording.
That kind of borders on the mindset that anti-gunners use... like... people shouldn't carry a guns because you risk escalating the situation and increase the likelihood of being killed. "Compliance with an assailant is the safest option". Or... what's their favorite false flag rhetoric? Something like... if you have a gun in your home you are "X" times more likely to be killed by a gun(?)

I think the only important take-away is simply... "Use your head." If retreating is not a reasonable option... maintaining situational control and the imitative is the best way to save yourself, IMHO.

That kind of borders on the mindset that anti-gunners use... like... people shouldn't carry a guns because you risk escalating the situation and increase the likelihood of being killed. "Compliance with an assailant is the safest option". Or... what's their favorite false flag rhetoric? Something like... if you have a gun in your home you are "X" times more likely to be killed by a gun(?)

I think the only important take-away is simply... "Use your head." If retreating is not a reasonable option... maintaining situational control and the imitative is the best way to save yourself, IMHO.
And that's fine. I'm simply stating a probability of what may happen if you deploy non-lethal.

People are free to do and carry as they wish. It's just something to think about.

A gun doesn't escalate a situation. It should only be introduced to end a situation. Plain and simple. With that said that doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger just because you drew your firearm. That should go without saying.

The majority of gun owners don't even train with the gun they carry. If they even carry at all. You really think they are going to train with non-lethal? No. They are gunna fumble around and get their sh!t kicked in.

Avoidance is key. Run. Run. Run. Or learn jiu jitsu.

A flashlight is the only Non-Lethal I would carry. I'd rather have medical on me (such as a TQ).

Last Edited:
I'm in the process of getting my CHL, just waiting for fingerprinting (3 months for an appointment lmao) When I start carrying, I'd like to have less lethal options available as well. In addition to Multnomah County being kinda soft on defending yourself, I'd ideally like to not take a life if it can be helped.
I was considering a taser (the kind what actually shoots out barbs) and probably some kind of pepper spray. I considered a collapsible baton, but I'd rather not get that close to someone trying to assault me, though I guess you never know, it could be useful.
Of course I'll still be carrying an actual firearm tucked away safely, but I'd like to have options. If not to avoid having to use lethal force on someone if possible, to at least avoid having my gun taken away while the authorities investigate.
You are smart to do so imo. A gun is a tool you should always have but in Portland there are cases where a gun is simply the wrong tool. Fe unarmed homeless that is belligerent and will not go away. With these types typical de-escalation techniques will not work.

My family and I always carry POM pepper spray. It's tiny and effective and more of a stream than a cloud. I would not buy any brand that is gel. We also keep a can of bear spray near the front door and one in the car.

And that's fine. I'm simply stating a probability of what may happen if you deploy non-lethal.

People are free to do and carry as they wish. It's just something to think about.

A gun doesn't escalate a situation. It should only be introduced to end a situation. Plain and simple. With that said that doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger just because you drew your firearm. That should go without saying.

The majority of gun owners don't even train with the gun they carry. If they even carry at all. You really think they are going to train with non-lethal? No. They are gunna fumble around and get their sh!t kicked in.

Avoidance is key. Run. Run. Run. Or learn jiu jitsu.

A flashlight is the only Non-Lethal I would carry. I'd rather have medical on me (such as a TQ).
I largely agree. Just... if you let yourself get "trapped" into overthinking along the lines mentioned earlier... you can also run the risk to "fear" yourself into hesitation or inaction when it's duly called for. Losing situational control can be deadly.

I largely agree. Just... if you let yourself get "trapped" into overthinking along the lines mentioned earlier... you can also run the risk to "fear" yourself into hesitation or inaction when it's duly called for. Losing situational control can be deadly.
Which is why it pays to be situationally aware, train, continually carry, and not be a fat slob soft target.

A jar of urine works wonders and totally non lethal I would do a 24 hr diet of asparagus before loading container and let it steep for a few days
1693271765078.png

Last Edited:
The spine of a bayonet across the bridge of the nose just to spite obummer is the only viable solution.
Raking your finger under the nose works wonders as well. In and up with a decent amount of force and the individual will do almost anything he/she is directed to do.

The bayonet is a nice touch though. Respect.

and not be a fat slob soft target.
Lotta fatties think they are indestructible.

Some go through life completely impervious of their 'inabilities' yet expect everyone to 'accept' them as 'normal' regardless of their obvious 'difference' to the average person.

I'm not talking about those who might have a few Xtra Lbs around the waist but those who are so fat they are unable to live life normally due to their weight.

It's quite sad actually, seeing some in this condition.

Lotta fatties think they are indestructible.

Some go through life completely impervious of their 'inabilities' yet expect everyone to 'accept' them as 'normal' regardless of their obvious 'difference' to the average person.

I'm not talking about those who might have a few Xtra Lbs around the waist but those who are so fat they are unable to live life normally due to their weight.

It's quite sad actually, seeing some in this condition.
eric_cartman_ninja_bulrog_by_stacey46_dfp6lj5-fullview.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads