JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Glock 26 doesn't make sense to "me". The Hellcat and P365 are much nicer to carry due to lighter weight and smaller package. If I was going to carry a gun the size of a Glock 26 it would be a Glock 27. Same size and weight but bigger harder hitting .40 cal bullets. I do have a Glock 27 clone that I do carry some times but it is about as big and heavy of a gun as I want to carry.

For me it is not a matter of being committed to carrying every day, I carry every day! The only question is how big of a gun am I willing to carry any particular day. For me I will usually have my DB9 in my front pocket or LCP depending on the clothes I am wearing. When I have to go to Portland I make room for my Glock 27 clone, CM45, XDs 45 or even XD mod 2 3.3" in .45. I want something bigger than 9mm when I am in crapville.
Does a bigger gun make the Portland idiots get off you any faster? It's just my own observation that a zombie won't be able to tell if they were hit with a 9, 40 or 45. None of them are death rays, only good hits count. DR

Death ray pistol from the 1920's. Especially when you give 'em' both barrels at once. Too bad Seattle police doesn't issue them anymore like they did this one.

2FB649E4-69B2-44AD-91F3-65E46D4A2FD6.jpeg

Last Edited:
The S&W M&P 380 EZ that my wife has gets great reviews, however just this week the female firearms instructor on YouTube with the red hair and big b00bs gave it a do not recommend after all but 2 of her students experienced at least one failure to fire in a class due to the grip safety not being completely depressed.

The S&W M&P 380 EZ that my wife has gets great reviews, however just this week the female firearms instructor on YouTube with the red hair and big b00bs gave it a do not recommend after all but 2 of her students experienced at least one failure to fire in a class due to the grip safety not being completely depressed.
That's what happens when one daintily holds a handgun while trying to fire it :s0140:

Not having ever seen the person you are talking about this sounds like an instructor failure issue. Building a proper grip should be one of the first things they learn. Good instructors purposely make them slack their grip at the low and build it when presenting the gun over and over and over so that building a proper grip becomes automatic. If she is teaching maximum pressure on holding the gun, clamping with both hands, how in the world can the safety not be depressed? The gun should never be in a relaxed grip when shooting it. Sounds like an instructor failure not a gun failure to me. But I've never seen her "teach".

Seeklander on building the grip: what I call "clamp" he calls "counter-rotating" - its like holding the gun in a vice with counter-rotating clamp in the back and the front.

Last Edited:
Not having ever seen the person you are talking about this sounds like an instructor failure issue. Building a proper grip should be one of the first things they learn. Good instructors purposely make them slack their grip at the low and build it when presenting the gun over and over and over so that building a proper grip becomes automatic. If she is teaching maximum pressure on holding the gun, clamping with both hands, how in the world can the safety not be depressed? The gun should never be in a relaxed grip when shooting it. Sounds like an instructor failure not a gun failure to me. But I've never seen her "teach".

Seeklander on building the grip:l (what I call "clamp" he calls "counter-rotating") its like holding the gun in a vice with counter-rotating clamp in the back and front of the gun.

+1 on "sounds like an instructor issue", though I would be curious to see the YT video as there may be additional context we are missing here.

I think the Glock 19 is arguably one of the best carry guns.

Shoot-ability is right up there with a full size Glock but conceals about just as well as the 26.

As others have said I never really saw the purpose of the 26. I can see the value in a 43X/48 but I personally can't shoot those models well enough to justify switching from my 19.

I have fully learned my lesson, although I would think of myself as knowledgeable and mistake free when considering my next concealed carry option. . . . .
Anybody? . . . Good, your paying attention to what your reading. I pondered on the famous back up carry option of many Oregonian, the Glock 26. I started off my glock passion on the Glock 19 gen 4.
Dreaming of what my days could be with a 26 model, I watched videos and read discussions of glocks proud oeners.
6 years past. I decided on the 26gen 5, following the glock 19 generation I brought my knowledge to the table and bought my first 26 gen 5. In the following weeks I figured out the gen 5 is the heaviest generation when it speaking of the model 26 Glock.

@ny similar experience or frustration when determining concealed carry options.

Thanks for your time.
Has ai op been back?
Lulz, no.

Does a bigger gun make the Portland idiots get off you any faster? It's just my own observation that a zombie won't be able to tell if they were hit with a 9, 40 or 45. None of them are death rays, only good hits count. DR
I shoot my carry 9's, 40, and 45's equally as well. So when in Portland I choose to change my wardrobe to carry a larger gun that will impart more damage with the most important shot, the first shot. I feel safer with the damage caused by a 230gr .45 Golddot in the center of mass than I do putting a 124gr 9mm Golddot in the enter of mass of an attacker.

In the familiar surroundings with familiar people in my little corner of podunkville I have found that I simply won't change my outfit to accommodate a larger weapon when I run down to the corner store to pickup a quick gallon of milk. Do I think I would be better off with a .45 for this quick errand? Yes. Do I know myself well enough to know that changing clothes for this errand won't happen? Yes. Hence I have smaller firearms that are carry compatible with a much wider range of clothing.

Yes, I believe a 230gr .45 Golddot will impart more damage than an identically placed 124 gr 9mm Golddot whether an attacker knows it or not.

Last Edited:
I think I constantly learn new lessons. First for me was thinking I'd carry a bigger gun then I actually would. Then I found one I liked, had kids and my carry needs and ideas changed. Well so did a lot of things. Then caliber and capacity changed. Shot against timers and found out more, took the time to learn what I liked best and shot best. Not just listen to others opinions. Basically the ability to adapt and being open to learning will always be useful skills to know.

Currently my p365 with either 10 rounds, 12, or 15 seems to cover pretty much any situation I find myself in. It's not for everyone but it works for me.

G26 is an awesome carry gun. I don't own one anymore but when I did it worked great.
That being said, how many holsters have you gone through? I've gone through dozens for different handguns. It's all about finding what works best for you. Oddly enough, for me it was a 1911. Took me a long time to figure that out.
Everyone is different in this area. It's alot of trial and error when choosing a carry gun. Marketplaces on forums like this are a great opportunity to trade away options that didn't work out for you for something else that might!
Good luck!

Too many people begin and end their thought process with, "It sure conceals well and is nice to carry," and not enough of, "is this a gun I would actually want to fight with and bet my life and the lives of my family on?"

Many people also bet heavily on the, "the average gun fight is 3 rounds and three feet"...or some variant of that. This mantra has been around for decades at this point. Thing is...times are changing a bit. They're flying jet liners into buildings and blowing up marathons and executing white men on the streets of Fresno because they're white and because "religion of peace." And they're shooting up schools, and malls, and theaters, and night clubs, and concerts, and parades, and work Christmas parties. And they're driving vans through crowds full of people, etc. Rifles are also becoming far more common.

So at least give these things some consideration while you're trying to decide on what gun to carry.

Choose wisely. And may the odds be ever in your favor.
I agree and would like to hear others' thoughts on this.

I am almost 69 years old. I have been carrying since my late 20's when I was making bank deposits for the 2 auto parts stores I managed. In the 1970's to early 80's we were told exactly what L84Cabo said - that a self defense shooting or gun fight would be 2-3 rounds at just over arms length. So a S&W J frame with the right ammo was both a practical urban concealed carry gun and a satisfactory fight stopper with the right ammo. As combat pistolcraft became more mainstream folks like Jeff Cooper were teaching that the Colt 45 auto was the fight stopper of choice, and gunsmiths like Swenson and Detonics were making some smaller and lighter .45's. And that 7 rounds in one of those was all that was needed.

But as L84Cabo said and in my mind, things have changed. Sure you may still have a nasty close-range encounter. But you might be just as likely to find yourself in a position where you cannot retreat, and have to engage some nutcase with a rifle, or more than one attacker at much longer range.

I agree that you really do have to consider what you want to fight with at the minimum. Through all the years I have transitioned from a S&W M36, to a M48, then to a 4" Officer's aluminum-framed .45 which I carried for 26 years, and in the heat of the summer in Texas my 642 in my shorts pocket. But two years ago I realized that it was time to increase the round count and acknowledge my aging eyesight and transition to an optic. So my very early G17 Gen II went to Texas for an optic cut and Holosun, and I carry the rig in my profile photo (but not always the extra mags). My reasoning again was that the shot I may have to make tomorrow is very likely to be different than what I thought it would have been 20 or 30 years ago, pre-9-11.

In 43 years of carrying concealed I have never once had to draw a weapon. I am hoping to keep it that way. But if I have to I feel the tool at hand is capable of making a reasonable shot even in a stressful situation. I think if you can honestly say that then you are carrying the right weapon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top