JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Do you believe you know all about..."
No such thing.
It will eventually boil down to; you and the machine.
Give 100 folks the exact same setup and 99 might find it perfect, while I don't!.

The dynamics of a gun can chenge between handling and actual shooting.
When I first held an S&W Shield, I did not like the "pointy-ness" of the grip frame.
The first time I shot it that feeling went away. (Shouldn't have sold that gun)

Carry needs will usually change over time - mine sure did. With more experience you get to know what to look for, what works, what doesn't, etc.
Agree that's why most people have a bunch of unused holsters lying around. There's a big trial and error component to it imo.

Plus today we have more carry gun options than ever. Tons of micro 9's, 380, etc. Heck, I can carry a bufferless AR pistol or PCC under my jacket if I want. A stabilized Glock like this even fits in the inside pocket of a simple fleece jacket:

I like this fellow's CC deployment method ;) :

Last Edited:
@ Eddy_8556

Yes, it's true that the Gen5 Glock is the heavy weight of them all, but the weight difference is less than 1/2 oz. as compared to the Gen3, and Gen4. The Glock 26 is an excellent pistol, and has a stellar record for reliability. I wouldn't; fuss too much about the weight comparison. I have owned Glock 26's over the years, and the Gen 3 Model 26 was my favorite.

In my opinion, the Glock 26 is now outdated for concealed carry and..... there are better options available..... i.e. "Glock 43X" as well as the Sig P365. They are a lighter in weight and carry the same amount of rounds and conceal much better. The ergonomics are better too. That being said, your Glock 19 and Glock 26 are still relevant, but are fading out in popularity and demand with respect to the civilian market. However, there are people who still love their 19's and 26's just as much as those who love the latest editions of Glock and Sig.

Hey now, not all 1911/revolver guys are codgers. I'm not even 40 and that's what I've been carrying for a good bit now.
Its really rare to see anyone GenY or younger embrace 1911s but they are still a viable option. Glad to hear.

I still carry my gen 3 G26 or my G30S. There are smaller guns out there, but I like the mag reciprocity with the larger guns. There's no one size fits all with CC, so you'll need to adapt to your needs accordingly. I will not rag on the 1911 as it's a great piece of iron, but you just need to know what it needs to be maintained to keep it running reliably.

On a side note, WSP sent me a letter yesterday stating I can get my Glock 32 back after 6 years of being held in evidence when my car got broken into back in '17.

Last Edited:
Hey now, not all 1911/revolver guys are codgers. I'm not even 40 and that's what I've been carrying for a good bit now.
I'd like to congratulate you in your excellent choice of arms.

In '91, I believe, I bought my first 1911. I was less than 30.
Up till then the only semi-automatic I had was Grandpa's Ruger. Every other handgun was a revolver.
Sometimes we make good decisions when we're younger. 😁

Last Edited:
Too many people begin and end their thought process with, "It sure conceals well and is nice to carry," and not enough of, "is this a gun I would actually want to fight with and bet my life and the lives of my family on?"

Many people also bet heavily on the, "the average gun fight is 3 rounds and three feet"...or some variant of that. This mantra has been around for decades at this point. Thing is...times are changing a bit. They're flying jet liners into buildings and blowing up marathons and executing white men on the streets of Fresno because they're white and because "religion of peace." And they're shooting up schools, and malls, and theaters, and night clubs, and concerts, and parades, and work Christmas parties. And they're driving vans through crowds full of people, etc. Rifles are also becoming far more common.

So at least give these things some consideration while you're trying to decide on what gun to carry.

Choose wisely. And may the odds be ever in your favor.
Just having any gun puts me ahead of 90% of the people out there. Putting in a little bit of regular practice puts me ahead of 50% of the licensed carriers.
It puts the odds in my favor to just have a gun I can shoot well.
I carry a J frame revolver. And easy carry is why I can have that gun on me everywhere and every day! DR

I will never know all the concealed carry options. I have a few spare holsters that did not work so they sit unused in a draw as a backup. Frankly when I do carry, I carry a G17 with 17 round magazine and a spare goes with me. I do carry a G19 sometimes depending on how I dress. With it being almost wintertime now I wear a jacket or sweatshirt pretty much all of the time so I carry my G17 IWB, and I carry a good flashlight since it gets dark much earlier now in the winter months.

Just having any gun puts me ahead of 90% of the people out there. Putting in a little bit of regular practice puts me ahead of 50% of the licensed carriers.
It puts the odds in my favor to just have a gun I can shoot well.
I carry a J frame revolver. And easy carry is why I can have that gun on me everywhere and every day! DR
Have also migrated to a J frame and feel perfectly comfortable with it as my EDC. Spent enough time with it to be proficient and competent with point shooting it. And as you say, it puts one ahead of the crowd, being competent and proficient. Besides the circles I travel in I feel has minimal threats and certainly wouldn't be taking on a protracted gunfight.

She serves me well and is a dang comfortable carry.

IMG_0622.jpeg

With respect to handgun carry, my choice is a Glock 19 that I've had for many years. Not that I carry often. I have large hands, so the G26 would never work for me, it's simply too small. I have a finger extension on the magazine of my G19 to help me hold on to it.

and I carry a good flashlight since it gets dark much earlier now in the winter months.
Clipped in my right front pocket, every single day is an assisted Kershaw and a small, bright, rechargeable Streamlight. I've carried the light so long almost all of the color is worn off of the thing.

With respect to handgun carry, my choice is a Glock 19 that I've had for many years. Not that I carry often. I have large hands, so the G26 would never work for me, it's simply too small. I have a finger extension on the magazine of my G19 to help me hold on to it.
I remember when a G19 was considered a Compact! But the important point is the G19 is what works best for you! DR

I remember when a G19 was considered a Compact! But the important point is the G19 is what works best for you! DR
I'm sure the G26 must've been available when I bought my G19, but I wouldn't have looked at a pistol in 9mm so small. Concealable is good, but you have to be able to shoot it effectively.

My first experience of a Glock was when a former co-worker took me as a guest to a range where he was a member. He had a G17, which was my first encounter in the 1990's. I liked it well enough, but at that time I was still a metal pistol guy. When I later decided to modernize, I bought a Ruger P95 (2001-06), which turned out to be a clunker. Which I got rid of and then bought the G19 (2008-present).

Occasionally I've made mistakes buying guns. One such was with a Ruger LCP in .380. I owned it for three weeks before getting rid of it.

The Glock 26 doesn't make sense to "me". The Hellcat and P365 are much nicer to carry due to lighter weight and smaller package. If I was going to carry a gun the size of a Glock 26 it would be a Glock 27. Same size and weight but bigger harder hitting .40 cal bullets. I do have a Glock 27 clone that I do carry some times but it is about as big and heavy of a gun as I want to carry.

For me it is not a matter of being committed to carrying every day, I carry every day! The only question is how big of a gun am I willing to carry any particular day. For me I will usually have my DB9 in my front pocket or LCP depending on the clothes I am wearing. When I have to go to Portland I make room for my Glock 27 clone, CM45, XDs 45 or even XD mod 2 3.3" in .45. I want something bigger than 9mm when I am in crapville.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top