JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have fully learned my lesson, although I would think of myself as knowledgeable and mistake free when considering my next concealed carry option. . . . .
Anybody? . . . Good, your paying attention to what your reading. I pondered on the famous back up carry option of many Oregonian, the Glock 26. I started off my glock passion on the Glock 19 gen 4.
Dreaming of what my days could be with a 26 model, I watched videos and read discussions of glocks proud oeners.
6 years past. I decided on the 26gen 5, following the glock 19 generation I brought my knowledge to the table and bought my first 26 gen 5. In the following weeks I figured out the gen 5 is the heaviest generation when it speaking of the model 26 Glock.

@ny similar experience or frustration when determining concealed carry options.

Thanks for your time.

A G26 is a G19 with a cut down grip, never served a purpose for me.

A G43X with Shield Arms 15-rd mags (and metal mag release) is basically a slightly smaller, thinner, and lighter G19 with the same capacity as a standard G19 which for me is the optimal EDC for CC.

In the mid 80's started with a 1911 (Army), then in the late 80's switched to a 92F (still Army), then a couple decades later went to a G30.3-1/2, then to a G19.4 (which I occasionally still carry), then a G43 for "special occasions", and ultimately changed to a G43X with a NAA .22WMR Pug as a BUG and have never looked back, BUT I still own all of those guns.

Last Edited:
I have fully learned my lesson, although I would think of myself as knowledgeable and mistake free when considering my next concealed carry option. . . . .
Anybody? . . . Good, your paying attention to what your reading. I pondered on the famous back up carry option of many Oregonian, the Glock 26. I started off my glock passion on the Glock 19 gen 4.
Dreaming of what my days could be with a 26 model, I watched videos and read discussions of glocks proud oeners.
6 years past. I decided on the 26gen 5, following the glock 19 generation I brought my knowledge to the table and bought my first 26 gen 5. In the following weeks I figured out the gen 5 is the heaviest generation when it speaking of the model 26 Glock.

@ny similar experience or frustration when determining concealed carry options.

Thanks for your time.
If your only complaint about the Glock is the weight, seems like that could have been very easily figured out ahead of time with available specs listed, but I am really not understanding the big deal. You already carried the Glock 19. So the weight difference should still favor the 26 being less than what you carried before.

Seems like this was a "it's not broke, don't fix it," situation. The size difference between a 19 and 26 is negligible for me so I never bothered with the 26.

Too many people begin and end their thought process with, "It sure conceals well and is nice to carry," and not enough of, "is this a gun I would actually want to fight with and bet my life and the lives of my family on?"

Many people also bet heavily on the, "the average gun fight is 3 rounds and three feet"...or some variant of that. This mantra has been around for decades at this point. Thing is...times are changing a bit. They're flying jet liners into buildings and blowing up marathons and executing white men on the streets of Fresno because they're white and because "religion of peace." And they're shooting up schools, and malls, and theaters, and night clubs, and concerts, and parades, and work Christmas parties. And they're driving vans through crowds full of people, etc. Rifles are also becoming far more common.

So at least give these things some consideration while you're trying to decide on what gun to carry.

Choose wisely. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Too many people begin and end their thought process with, "It sure conceals well and is nice to carry," and not enough of, "is this a gun I would actually want to fight with and bet my life and the lives of my family on?"

Many people also bet heavily on the, "the average gun fight is 3 rounds and three feet"...or some variant of that. This mantra has been around for decades at this point. Thing is...times are changing a bit. They're flying jet liners into buildings and blowing up marathons and executing white men on the streets of Fresno because they're white and because "religion of peace." And they're shooting up schools, and malls, and theaters, and night clubs, and concerts, and parades, and work Christmas parties. And they're driving vans through crowds full of people, etc. Rifles are also becoming far more common.

So at least give these things some consideration while you're trying to decide on what gun to carry.

Choose wisely. And may the odds be ever in your favor.
So make trench coats and underslung SBR's fashionable?

Good points - choosing to carry is always a balance of "how committed am I to carrying a gun." and "can I still do my regular daily life while carrying a gun."

Personally I like the full-size Glock for daily carry. Absolute concealment isn't my concern.

Tinkered for years with the idea of a G26, but for the role I'd want it to fill, I found the P365 to be a bit more svelt and practical for.

The G19 or similar 15+ round 9mm would still be a first choice if I should need to visit a cesspool like Portland, Salem, Olympia, Seattle or similar liberal run city…

One needs to make sure that one not only properly arms oneself, but keeps one's head on a swivel.

One needs to make sure that one not only properly arms oneself, but keeps one's head on a swivel.
This is the MOST important part.

The G19 or similar 15+ round 9mm would still be a first choice if I should need to visit a cesspool like Portland, Salem, Olympia, Seattle or similar liberal run city…
Unless going during the peaceful protests of 2020, I don't think capacity is that big of a deal and only adds to the weight of what yer packin. (although I usually carry a steel 1911 concealed and don't mind, but I'm not the one that started the thread) Most of the time it would be a scunzy homeless or two, usually armed with a big stick, and I think the amount of rounds needed would be small.

FYI, even though I live in the Portland area I very rarely go downtown. Maybe once a year. Besides the tattoo guy, there's nothing in that city for me. Absolutely nothing.

@ OP
ai says ... :D

"Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to see that you have learned from your past mistakes and are now more knowledgeable about concealed carry options.Regarding the weight of the Glock 26 Gen 5, it is indeed the heaviest generation of the Glock 26 model, weighing 615 grams (21.69 ounces) without the magazine and 739 grams (26.07 ounces) with a loaded magazine 1. I hope this information helps you make an informed decision about your next concealed carry option. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask."

human says ... Get yourself a Glock 43X.

Last Edited:
Tinkered for years with the idea of a G26, but for the role I'd want it to fill, I found the P365 to be a bit more svelt and practical for.

While in Seattle one should really carry no less than the following… ESCPECIALLY around the Pike Street Marketplace!

IMG_1054.jpeg IMG_3355.jpeg

:D

If weight is an issue when carrying and you like the pistol or revolver you have...
Then it is time to look at better holsters and belts to carry with.
Andy
Absolutely!
An all steel 1911 is not light, but I can carry it all day long because of a good belt and holster, and I am not a big guy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top