JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think what you are saying is so true! And OUCH, I'm glad your buddy made it!!!

But I really wasn't making a point about being wounded... what I was trying, and apparently ineffectively, to say is that many shooters go into panic mode when confronted with a life or death situation. Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang... did I hit him? I've never had to do it, but I understand the old time gunfighters won by taking their time, aiming, and shooting the other guy down. They weren't shooting "at" him, nor trying to outdraw him, they were "intent" on hitting him so that he was out of the fight. Their minds focused on the task, not the risk, second thoughts, what will happen to my wife, etc. Clear the mind and concentrate on taking the other guy down. Intentionally.

"Too many mind"

Wow!!... She keeps the Ice Cream locked up???
I asked her about that and she thinks that there has been occasional shortages in the Ice Cream Supply so just in case the Ice Cream was getting legs she locked the darn thing!
I discovered this quite by accident, I just happened to be out, where I hardly venture, by the freezer, with bowl and scoop in hand, and I thought I would see what was in there. Those thoughts were thwarted by her unreasonable actions. I am losing weight though.

I've been shot (Viet Nam). I ran 6-minute miles. I'm now old (72). But, I've lost 50 pounds over the past 2-3 years. I work hard around our 4-acres. I'll never be young again, but I try to be in as good condition as my age allows me to be.

I'm not going anywhere when SHTF. My ammo supply and no-fear attitude is what I'll rely on until the end.

I've been shot (Viet Nam). I ran 6-minute miles. I'm now old (72). But, I've lost 50 pounds over the past 2-3 years. I work hard around our 4-acres. I'll never be young again, but I try to be in as good condition as my age allows me to be.

I'm not going anywhere when SHTF. My ammo supply and no-fear attitude is what I'll rely on until the end.

I am probably not going anywhere once I am home, but there are two reasons I may:

1) I am not home when SHTF happens and I have to walk (e.g., earthquake)

2) I am home but I need to get my kids to bring them to my home.

After having tests last week and another test tomorrow, I go in next week for an invasive heart diagnostic and probable corrective procedure. If they do the corrective procedure then I will have to take it easy for a week, and then I can start "exercise" after 3-4 weeks, but still be on a drug for a year to prevent certain problems from the procedure.

Had I ignored the high BP and not gone in for the tests I might have had a heart attack.

Pay attention to your health - all the guns and ammo and stored food won't help you or your family if you keel over while outside chopping up firewood.

You'll never even feel a tickle. I've had "Balloon Surgery" at least three times, I know it's a great unknown for you. The worst (And not bad) is the prep for the entry to your leg. and then having to stay still for eons it seems afterward. I had to stay as long as three days in the hospital afterwards.

Last Edited:
I just turned 61 and have a lot of issues. I hit the pool and have been swimming a mile for 12 weeks now. Also cardio stuff in the therapy pool. I have a lot less pain now. My blood sugar was still high so I studied the YouTube videos and eliminated most of the sugar I was getting. Lost weight, lowered my A1 C in only 7 weeks. Eating less. Fasting. Still can't walk very well but much stronger.

I have heart attacks frequently. A couple a year for the last 6 years or so. The definition of a heart attack is pretty broad. I also have 7 stints and 3 100% blocked coronary arteries. My cardiologist is world class and has brought me back on the cath table twice. Modern medicine is incredible. My doc pioneered valve replacement via catheterization. He says that he is trying to put heart surgeons out of busisness. He is the head instructor at UCSF and director of the San Francisco VA Cath lab. Graduated head of his class at Johns Hopkins. They can't do any bypasses on me because of where the blockages are (directly on the heart).......(I wish they could) but my medicine regiment has arrested the deterioration of my heart for nearly 10 years. The electrical part of my heart has been good, when I get into trouble it is usually my own fault, too much activity or some other issue. They say I have been having heart attacks for many years that I didn't even realize. My advise would be find a great Doc and follow his instructions to the letter. They have so much information and technology today that it is a whole new world. Good luck, try to not get to anxious about what is going on. My Doc has even done procedures (installed stints) through the back of my hand.

With Diabetes it is not sugar in the diet, but what the body does to all the food you eat to make sugar. Of course sugary foods don't help as they are high calorie and allow the body to store it's own sugar. White processed flour is the worst for me and most people. I could eat a "Whopper" bun and put my blood sugar up higher than three Snicker's bars. (Not saying you should eat three Snicker's) Sugar in the diet does make a difference, but blood sugar is based off all that you eat and how your body processes it.

With Diabetes it is not sugar in the diet, but what the body does to all the food you eat to make sugar. Of course sugary foods don't help as they are high calorie and allow the body to store it's own sugar. White processed flour is the worst for me and most people. I could eat a "Whopper" bun and put my blood sugar up higher than three Snicker's bars. (Not saying you should eat three Snicker's) Sugar in the diet does make a difference, but blood sugar is based off all that you eat and how your body processes it.
40 years of type 1 diabetes is responsible for my heart problems. Food is like the old commercials for time release medications. You need time release from the food you eat to match your insulin intake. I can eat a 24 oz steak by its self and be in insulin shock in an hour and my blood sugar will be 600 in 3 hrs. Probably the worst food for me is Pizza, the carbs from the crust along with the tomato sauce is like drinking a 2 liter of sugared coke. I have been on a high protine diet foe most of 40 years with some carbs and vegetables thrown it. It is a constant balancing act but I have done pretty well, lots of study and paying attention to your own body is nessisary. Everything you eat becomes Sugar, waste or trace minerals (vitamins) protine digests slow, complex carbs faster, simple carbs faster yet, sugar goes right in to your blood stream.

Last Edited:
I've never been tested but I'm in good shape and can bang all day long with no boner pills etc. don't really see the need

I do not usually go to the bullsh*t card, but I will on this outrageous statement. At a friends 490th birthday party 20 years ago, he said I feel just like I was still 18. So I said, " oh you can still bubblegum 6 times a night ???

His wife was standing there and I looked at her and said " Well ???"

So unless you have found that time machine and can roll it back to 18 then BS..:)

I do not usually go to the bullsh*t card, but I will on this outrageous statement. At a friends 490th birthday party 20 years ago, he said I feel just like I was still 18. So I said, " oh you can still bubblegum 6 times a night ???

So unless you have found that time machine and can roll it back to 18 then BS..:)
You say you had a friend that was 490 yrs old and you are calling BS? :D

Just about as far fetched as someone saying you need to get t shots to be normal now isn't it.

Be glad you're dealing with it before you got a heart attack. I figured that good EKGs meant that all was well until I had a heart attack that made me dead for about 10 min. Thanks to my wife I have lost 95-100#, and no longer eat like I did before it.

Be glad you're dealing with it before you got a heart attack. I figured that good EKGs meant that all was well until I had a heart attack that made me dead for about 10 min. Thanks to my wife I have lost 95-100#, and no longer eat like I did before it.
Even if you are very fit and healthy, packing around 100lbs is pretty tough! Good work.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top