JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this is going on a typical AR then a scout style scope will need to be mounted on the forearm. I was under the impression that the scope needed to be mounted to the reciever so as to remove the possibilty of movement in POI due to the forearm not being as stable. Am I all wet in that belief?
AR, AK, Bolt Action, Lever Action, Single Shot - most of my rifles have a Scout Scope mount - or will. I have a number of rifles beyond an AR.

For some, like maybe an AR15, I might go with a combination; e.g., a 1X forward mounted optic, and a receiver mount of NVD/thermal.

In answer to the OPs question, yes.

20 years ago as I was trying to open a dial lock on a grass shack in Goa, India, and I couldn't make out the numbers on the dials, and the girlfriend I had at the time had no problem seeing the numbers. When I got back to the USA I did some research and found out about Bilbery, so I used it for a few years, and later at a Star Party (Astronomy get together), I was able to see some faint stars used to test Roman navigator eyes. My night vision was restored.

I had a few big floaters last year, and they're gone now because of the Bilbery in the liquid supplements I use.

Bilbery is loaded with antioxidants, so it's probably a good supplement to use all the time. Bilbery is basically Blueberry.
I had horrible night vision about thirteen years ago. My GF at the time would kid me about it. I changed my diet, significantly reducing sugar and alcohol, and the night vision problems went away.

I've also got that vitreous separation issue in my left eye, mostly cleared up by now.
It happened to me about six years ago when I was hit by a falling limb. Within three years I had a cataract develop, then worsen, and my eye was largely useless for the last year. Cataract surgery early this year -- it's pretty amazing the change in my vision that has come from that. Except for needing cheaters, I really don't need Rx glasses anymore.

I had horrible night vision about thirteen years ago. My GF at the time would kid me about it. I changed my diet, significantly reducing sugar and alcohol, and the night vision problems went away.

It happened to me about six years ago when I was hit by a falling limb. Within three years I had a cataract develop, then worsen, and my eye was largely useless for the last year. Cataract surgery early this year -- it's pretty amazing the change in my vision that has come from that. Except for needing cheaters, I really don't need Rx glasses anymore.
I just saw my eye doctor last week, I still have 20/20, but my left eye (the one with the separation) is noticeably worse than my right eye, although he said it recovered okay. I do have cataracts but not to the point where I need removal - yet.

Had both eyes done this year. Amazing difference! First time I've needed to use sunglasses in years due to the increased light transmission and the true colors are amazing. I'd recommend to others getting them done sooner than later especially if you SHTF may be around the corner.

Had both eyes done this year. Amazing difference! First time I've needed to use sunglasses in years due to the increased light transmission and the true colors are amazing. I'd recommend to others getting them done sooner than later especially if you SHTF may be around the corner.
So true! My one, original eye, has clear yellowing of the colors. With the repaired eye, colors are brilliant and bright. It's remarkable.

I get my eye care through the VA. I've been to the vision center four times in the past year; normally only once. Last year, they didn't like some of the things they saw so I had to go back several times for different people to have a look. At my age, some phase of cataract is to be expected. The process has started in my vision, but it's been going on for years without much detriment. Lately, the doctors didn't like my corneas, especially in the left eye (which has the vitreous separation). There was some talk about corneal replacement in my left eye; at which time they would also correct the cataract. Honestly, I'm in no hurry for eye surgery. The stuff they want to fix isn't all that detrimental to my vision. I've been nearsighted since about age 8 or 9 which uncorrected is awful. So on my last visit when they offered the surgery option, I declined for the time being and said I'd keep it in mind for the future. The worst part of the hardening of the cornea is the dryness sensation that sometime occurs. I've got drops for that.

Like this?

I guess that isn't eer, but is that really necessary?
I have a version of this. I also have an old Nikon 3x32 fixed scope. You can only get them used now but the larger view in comparison is nice. Mine has held up well over 7-8 yrs.

No, I had a scope on my m14 in Afghanistan and it was difficult to use in a firefight. Because of that I prefer open sights or a red dot for a "do it all" SHTF rifle. Both options are good from 5 feet to 300 meters.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top