JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not a side car?

And a song to go with it:
Right on, right on... that song hit the charts at about the time I knew it all and was beginning to let it all hang out... I soon discovered that at Alice's Restaurant you could get anything you want, 'ceptin Alice... I did ask Alice, but she was 10 feet tall at the time.... Alice dang near got me once or twice tho... then there was this hookah smokin caterpillar..

Last Edited:
I can't overstate this: your guns, your ammo, your food, all of your prepping skills...none of it matters until you decide to get healthy and, most importantly, decide you want to live your life as you really want to, even when SHTF happens. And it will. I guess what I'm saying is you need to decide life is worth it, even in bad times. From there, you'll naturally know where to start.
On the money! You don't have anything if you don't have your health.
On the money indyprepper! We don't have anything if we don't have your health. We all take it for granted. I work out most days, try and eat mostly healthy, don't drink...a lot.

At 40 years old, you need to be making sure your health habits are dialed, like Burtgummer lays out. As far as giving up prepping because you are getting old, nope. Prep not just for yourself, but for the kids and neighbors as well. Get in shape so that life is easier. You'll find plenty of things to play on or in if you stay healthy.

Not long ago elderly people in my native country used to prep by having a casket made and ready at home.
Ha!..I know, my grandfather had a couple in storage, along with the gravestones (blank date of death), and even a bag with the clothes/accessories they wanted to be buried with. He was a casket and gravestone maker (from scratch), and most of people around will order from him. He also re-enforced water wells, had an iron forge, he operated a primitive grain mill, and was always the first to sell the first batches of veggies from his greenhouses, weeks before anyone else.
He also fed the poorest and the widows during the Great Depression.
The man always got up at 4am, and if he had nothing to do....he will brake what he did the day before, to make/build it better that day.
His frequently used quote was: "There is no impossible....it just takes a little longer!"
RIP Grandpa, and THANK YOU!

Canadian Prepper had a video a long time ago that stood out to me, it was about being a prepper in old age. The premise was, when you're 60, 70, etc. what is the point of prepping? We all have our time coming for us. To top it off, at that age, you're not going to ruck march out of town, do Chris Costa type maneuvers with rifles and pistols, etc.

Point is, I've been an avid camper, hiker, outdoorsman and survivalist. But as I get older (now approaching mid 40's), I just can't see myself doing this stuff at 50. Maybe even as soon as 45. As it stands, despite being muscular, working out, being athletic, etc. I am beginning to hate hiking in hills with 80+ lbs of gear. The list goes on. Being a prepper in middle/old age is like being an infantry soldier in old age, it just doesn't make sense, hence why those guys are all young "kids".

But that begs the question, what do I do with my new found free time if I'm not prepping/training, etc.? Go wine tasting? Checkout museums? Collect stamps?
I'm 73. And I still have a desire to live...and defend my loved ones. Therefore I workout almost everyday, train seldefense(and teach) techniques, and enjoy the outdoors knowing it would be my greatest gift to myself and family.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top