JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seeing those old bikes makes me think I've really been prepping since I was 10.
20160427_202156.jpg

Any 2 wheeled dirt bikes that can tow trailers? I know a lot of the larger road cruiser motorcycles do..
There are a number of them out there.

Not sure if this one is still made, but you see them for sale occasionally:

What about those little 2 wheel drive knobby tire bikes? Can't recall the name rondo or ronco or something?
I've ridden one with fat tires that was NOT 2WD - not impressed.

I would like one of these:

Any 2 wheeled dirt bikes that can tow trailers? I know a lot of the larger road cruiser motorcycles do..
We towed trailers with our mountain bikes. Mine was a Burley Nomad. My buddy had a Burley Cargo trailer. Great for hauling stuff into remote areas. Plus, we hauled a few bulls out with them as well. Good times. Oh, to be young again. That Nomad is, and has been for several years, hanging from the rafter in my shop. Got my picture in a couple of national bowhunting publications with that trailer - hauling out bulls my buddy killed. I never understood why he had all the luck, along with better hearing, being 13 years younger than me, in better condition, can call elk like nobody else, etc. I tell ya, life just ain't fair. I've killed a few bulls with my bow, but never on a bike & trailer hunt. Mine are always the old-fashioned way - carried out on pack frames.

We towed trailers with our mountain bikes. Mine was a Burley Nomad. My buddy had a Burley Cargo trailer. Great for hauling stuff into remote areas. Plus, we hauled a few bulls out with them as well. Good times. Oh, to be young again. That Nomad is, and has been for several years, hanging from the rafter in my shop. Got my picture in a couple of national bowhunting publications with that trailer - hauling out bulls my buddy killed. I never understood why he had all the luck, along with better hearing, being 13 years younger than me, in better condition, can call elk like nobody else, etc. I tell ya, life just ain't fair. I've killed a few bulls with my bow, but never on a bike & trailer hunt. Mine are always the old-fashioned way - carried out on pack frames.
I was referring to motorcycles and not mountain bikes, very aware that mountain bikes, and all kinds of bicycles actually, have a lot of trailers.

Like these
71t8VlCvzBL.jpg XTR250K5ProDBBLKLFS_1200x1200.jpg

I was referring to motorcycles and not mountain bikes, very aware that mountain bikes, and all kinds of bicycles actually, have a lot of trailers.

Like these
View attachment 1798135View attachment 1798136
I attached a gorilla cart to my old scooter for hauling crap from back of house to front etc. should be able to rig up some type of narrow off-road trailer pretty easily I would think. Something more durable than the gorilla cart I mean.

7EE1B7D1-D11F-4C16-B785-23F87E1CDF7E.jpeg

Seriously though, to the OP:

The 40's are a strange decade. You're not an indestructible youngblood, but also not yet middle aged, and far from "old". There's definitely a transission that happens. For me, along with the hairline receding a bit, it was my bodies refusal to maintain my light weight while still spending way too much time watching tv, internet surfing and maintaining a diet of coke and pizza. By the time I hit 50 (covid lockdown), I was 232 lbs at aged 54 and 5'8", had a 46" waistline, high blood sugar, higher than normal blood pressure and high cholesterol.

All the above is the textbook definition of Metabolic disorder.

What finally broke me was the inability to mow my two lawns without spiking my heart rate and collapsing for 15 mins on the ground because I was so out of shape.

Since then I've lost 60 lbs. I did it moderately, first by cutting out the crap food and soda, then, a few weeks after that, dusting off the treadmill and doing walks. Then it became walks on an incline. Then, finally, I transitioned to lifting weights (progressively) three times a week (and not cheating legs). All with set of 5 through 60 lb dumbbells..no gym.

It was the healthy eating and walking that took the weight off, but it was the weights that really changed me.

I can't overstate this: your guns, your ammo, your food, all of your prepping skills...none of it matters until you decide to get healthy and, most importantly, decide you want to live your life as you really want to, even when SHTF happens. And it will. I guess what I'm saying is you need to decide life is worth it, even in bad times. From there, you'll naturally know where to start.

Wouldn't be hard to add a gimbal mount to bike handlebars. It would be really dumb probably, but wouldn't be difficult. :p

Gimbal for lighter weight guns (def not machine gun, unless simple ar or whatever).

Much mo' betta' to let the sidecar monkey handle the shooting unless rockets:

chuck norris delta force motorcycle

Wouldn't be hard to add a gimbal mount to bike handlebars. It would be really dumb probably, but wouldn't be difficult. :p

Gimbal for lighter weight guns (def not machine gun, unless simple ar or whatever).

Did someone say machine guns...? :s0140: from the prepper vehicle thread :s0064: stacks-image-6e5c9fb.jpg stacks-image-4adcee0.jpg 5.jpg simms-motor-scout-armoured-quadricycle-1.jpg 4b6cf16aebc43b3238310b687774ca83.jpg
And yes those are the 40mm automatic grenade launchers :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads