JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am cutting back on the frozen meals and eating more veggies and fruit. I am also making more of my own food from raw ingredients.

On a less related note: drug side effects; I will say that I have had the weirdest bad dreams. This was listed as a possible side effect but wow. Other than the diuretics I have not had other side effects - yet.
One thing I started (re)doing is making smoothies, mainly in the morning/for breakfast. I found an old blender in a dumpster (I've tossed many brand new ones) so don't think you need anything fancy..
2-3 pasteurized raw eggs, splash of nonfat milk, heaping tbsp of coffee ground mix of chia and flax seed, a banana and a couple shotglasses of whey protein. Sometimes I'll add a tbsp of frozen orange juice and lately I've been adding a half a bunch of parsley ($.38/bunch Winco).
It probably has around 550 calories and gets me down the road good.
Another common breakfast for me is overnight milk soaked rolled oats (steel cut must be hard cooked so this won't work), a bit of raisins and brown sugar.. delicious.
anyhoo, even probably "frozen potatoes" likely have a bunch of hydrogenated oils and crap in them, let alone a meal in a box, so make yer own stuff goldang it.. it's better for many reasons

Yes, a small quieter dual sport would work much better, except for pesky things like fences and creeks and ol suspicious geezers that would shoot anybody caught trespassing. I saw some Thule elk today so I could catch, break and worse comes to wiener wurst ride one of them, then et'em when he's played out.....see I have thought this through a bit.:eek:

Brutus out
Suzuki TU250X

...there's a ton of videos on youtube on this bike, which will mark 10 years in production, next year.
Light, economical, quiet, strong enough to keep up with traffic.
I did a little math - that 150 mile walk home you mentioned earlier will take a little over 3.5 days, if you give yourself 14 hours a day to walk at an average speed of 3 mph.
...assuming you're on paved roads for the entire trip, it's roughly 2.5-3 hours on the bike...just sayin'.

Dean

My comment was designed to be geared towards the humorous, not literal...

Thanx for the definition though...:D

The gist was towards physical "Golden Years" vice economic ones...

Well, I've always done physical work, but not much hard physical labor. However, I hate exercise programs, (therefore) only getting exercise by yardwork, playing hard, etc. Now I'm sedentary, on BP meds, have inflammation problems, and I'm fat around the belly from eating too much. I gotta change.

On the other hand, I have a brother who worked hard and played hard, and exercised hard... the doc told him to keep his exercise more gentle. But he didn't do it. Three knee repair surgeries, two knee replacements, one shoulder repair... all from biking. 5 lung surgeries from weightlifting despite bad lungs. Massive back surgery that could only be done at Stanford. Now he is fairly immobile. Neck problems. Tremors from pre-Parkinsons. I often wonder which of us is better off.

My other brother has had high BP, and worked construction, since his 20s. He is now 71 and on the edge of kidney failure for a number of years. He drinks lots of water and stays active.

High BP, strokes, diabetes, inflammatory disease all runs in my family. Everybody gotta die of something. If one wants to modify eating and exercise, IMO that's great... but remember to do things that keep you happy if you want to live.
Thank Goodness, now let me find the freezer key so I can get some Ice Cream while the wife is in the laundry room! Don't forget the Honey!

My dad always said "golden years my bubblegum! More like rusty cast iron and tarnished brass." all my family on my father's side died from strokes and everyone on my mothers side died of cardiac arrest. I'm 67 and a competitive power lifter. I go to the gym and lift heavy. Every day,, 7 days a week. Different body part each day. I take blood pressure meds by the ton, meds to keep my heart regular and prostate meds. Also guys, have your doctor check your testosterone levels. At 67, my testosterone level should be around 1000. When he checked it it was 6. I inject 200 mg a week and the difference in the way I feel is unbelievable! Low test levels make you old fast! Not drinking or smoking helps, but testosterone is the fountain of youth. I've been an RN for 29 1/2 years. Believe me. I can post pics for the nonbelievers if necessary. Btw, I eat what I want when I want.

I did Testosterone too, but I felt no rush of energy or anything. I just had a sore leg for four days. I did try it for six months and then quit.

.Also guys, have your doctor check your testosterone levels. At 67, my testosterone level should be around 1000. When he checked it it was 6. I inject 200 mg a week and the difference in the way I feel is unbelievable! Low test levels make you old fast! Not drinking or smoking helps, but testosterone is the fountain of youth. I've been an RN for 29 1/2 years. Believe me. I can post pics for the nonbelievers if necessary. Btw, I eat what I want when I want.
I've never been tested but I'm in good shape and can bang all day long with no boner pills etc. don't really see the need

One thing I started (re)doing is making smoothies, mainly in the morning/for breakfast. I found an old blender in a dumpster (I've tossed many brand new ones) so don't think you need anything fancy..
2-3 pasteurized raw eggs, splash of nonfat milk, heaping tbsp of coffee ground mix of chia and flax seed, a banana and a couple shotglasses of whey protein. Sometimes I'll add a tbsp of frozen orange juice and lately I've been adding a half a bunch of parsley ($.38/bunch Winco).
It probably has around 550 calories and gets me down the road good.
Another common breakfast for me is overnight milk soaked rolled oats (steel cut must be hard cooked so this won't work), a bit of raisins and brown sugar.. delicious.
anyhoo, even probably "frozen potatoes" likely have a bunch of hydrogenated oils and crap in them, let alone a meal in a box, so make yer own stuff goldang it.. it's better for many reasons

I did that for a few years I felt better. Went on the flake last couple .the stuff you make is better than anything you can buy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top