JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ugly stuff in any event. When they do a angiogram, they give you a huge dose via IV.......my heart doesn't like it and quits every time. Has happened 4 times now.......an interesting experiance only to be done by people you really trust. My doc never changes his tone of voice, calling for digitalis and calmly giving instructions as I sweat harder than I can ever remember........off course, it is all done while you are conscious.......kind of a life affirming experience.

Ugly stuff in any event. When they do a angiogram, they give you a huge dose via IV.......my heart doesn't like it and quits every time. Has happened 4 times now.......an interesting experiance only to be done by people you really trust. My doc never changes his tone of voice, calling for digitalis and calmly giving instructions as I sweat harder than I can ever remember........off course, it is all done while you are conscious.......kind of a life affirming experience.
They gave me a sedative during my angiogram. It was a bit different feeling than other sedative, I just relaxed, laid back and seemed to fall asleep, and let them do their thing. It didn't feel like the knock me out can't remember anything, seem to wake up the next minute but an hour+ has passed kind of sedatives I have in the past.

Heretic, you have the nitro to use and it does stop the angina. My 2d stent was in the right coronary artery close to the heart. It was a 95% blockage and would have killed me. My cardiologist told my wife I was hours away from from suffering a massive heart attack I would not have survived. That was in 2005 and my latest chest pain was diagnosed as GERD. No more hot peppers for me. In 2016 and 2017 I had 2 cardioversions done, I have a prostate biopsy scheduled for this coming Tuesday, and I see a Hematologist-Oncologist on the 12th. The really hard thing to accept is that my guns(biceps) seem to have developed an acute affinity for gravity these days, And the fella looking back at me in the mirror is getting old and gray! He's not such a stud anymore!!

SHTF? Not till after this Tuesday please.

THing is, I don't think the pain is angina, unless you can have it when you are a teenager with a healthy heart (AFAIK). The NP doesn't think it is angina either. I think the cardiologist will say the same thing when I see him.

I have GERD, and that is a totally different kind of pain.

Heretic, you have the nitro to use and it does stop the angina. My 2d stent was in the right coronary artery close to the heart. It was a 95% blockage and would have killed me. My cardiologist told my wife I was hours away from from suffering a massive heart attack I would not have survived. That was in 2005 and my latest chest pain was diagnosed as GERD. No more hot peppers for me. In 2016 and 2017 I had 2 cardioversions done, I have a prostate biopsy scheduled for this coming Tuesday, and I see a Hematologist-Oncologist on the 12th. The really hard thing to accept is that my guns(biceps) seem to have developed an acute affinity for gravity these days, And the fella looking back at me in the mirror is getting old and gray! He's not such a stud anymore!!

SHTF? Not till after this Tuesday please.
I have all 3 coronary arteries 100% blocked. The blockages are directly on my heart so no bypass is available and no way to stent 100% blockages. I have small vessel growth that keeps me alive. So one at 95% is no big deal.......well, sort off.......they say I have been having heart attacks for decades without noticing them. I have 5 stents to help move blood to the healthier bottom of my heart.

I hope it isn't angina for you. My GERD felt the same as my angina pain. My cardiologist said the same nerves are affected so the sensations are the same. For me anyway. For me, with my second blockage, I couldn't take 3 steps without feeling chest pain. But the first time I just sat down and rested for a few minutes until the tightness in my chest subsided.

I have all 3 coronary arteries 100% blocked. The blockages are directly on my heart so no bypass is available and no way to stent 100% blockages. I have small vessel growth that keeps me alive. So one at 95% is no big deal.......well, sort off.......they say I have been having heart attacks for decades without noticing them. I have 5 stents to help move blood to the healthier bottom of my heart.

Life gives us all of that, and then we die!!:D

My mom is turns 80 in just 6 months still mows her own lawn ( she wont let me do it) walks about 1 mile a day for exercise and is still sharp as a tack and not one health issue. She tough and determined and thats why I bet she will be here in 20 more years.
She had a full check last year and they said her BP is great, no cholesterol issues. Lungs clear and heart is that of someone in their 40's. If I have half her health I will be healthy when I get older. I used to drink now I don't hardly ever not since 2005 when I stopped for ten years last time I drank was in Jan 2016like I never smoked more then maybe a carton my whole life. Didnt do drugs. I am slower now at 55 then at 35 I can tell but I still do same stuff I did when I was 20 but now I know how t9o do it smarter not harder.

Last Edited:
Dunehopper,
I have one of those mother's too.
Things will change quite a bit in the next 10-15 years. Be sure you're there to catch her when it does.

Dean

I had symptoms similar to yours all my life ,it turned out I had a bad aortic valve diagnosed by an echocardiogram. Just a suggestion. I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV. Good luck.

Afflicted with a "fat foot" for about a week.
Literally, my right foot has puffed up like a balloon.
Doc thinks my salt intake is too high, so I need to "diet" for a while and wear compression socks and elevate my feet when possible and see where that takes me.
He also noticed my BMI has exceeded "40" and I got a tongue lashing on that, so now (once again) I need to lose 100 lbs....yippee.

Dean

Don't let your doctor read too much into that BMI number. According to it, I'm "obese". I'm 5'9" tall, weigh 210 pounds, and have 9% body fat. I'm not obese, I'm small boned but heavily muscled from decades of "ranching" and being stubborn enough to not hire help for jobs I can do myself . They tried beating me up about my body mass index, but it's just a rough guideline that lazy doctors use as a "one size fits all" diagnostic tool. Tell them to actually check your body fat percentage before they make (or you take) any recommendations on your weight.

I hear ya', someguy, but these bubblegums won't listen and to some degree, they're not wrong.
I could stand to lose some weight and get a little more exercise, but they want me to be at 180 and I doubt I will EVER see the underside of 200 again.
So far I've lost about 12 lbs. since that post you quoted and I did it, pretty much, but just controlling how often and how much I eat.
...as someone once told me, I've "discovered" the Jenny Craig diet.
Was 288 and 5' 11". Now about 276, but still 5'11". ;)

I hear ya', someguy, but these bubblegums won't listen and to some degree, they're not wrong.
I could stand to lose some weight and get a little more exercise, but they want me to be at 180 and I doubt I will EVER see the underside of 200 again.
So far I've lost about 12 lbs. since that post you quoted and I did it, pretty much, but just controlling how often and how much I eat.
Okay so I see the problem. You are too short for your weight! You need some serious stretching exercises. Real serious.

As long as you're doing it slow, and controlled while maintaining proper nutrition, you should be good to go. I just get fired up when anyone brings up doctors and BMI since that was damned near the death of my dad. He had pancreatitis and was completely asymptomatic even though his pancreas was 4 to 5 times it's normal size. The doctor put him on a diet because his BMI was too high and it almost killed him.

Okay so I see the problem. You are too short for your weight! You need some serious stretching exercises. Real serious.

Fortunately I am 6'6" so I can be overweight and it doesn't really show until I take my short off or you do some measurements of my upper body. I am eating a bit better - if I lose weight then that will be good - I could stand to lose at least 20 pounds, preferably 40.

More importantly, I need to get in shape. Saw the cardiologist yesterday - at this point, except for the partial blockage, high blood pressure and cholesterol, I am ok; it isn't my heart that is causing my chest pain - it is the fact that I am out of shape. So I am taking my meds, changing my diet and now I can work on getting back in shape a bit without worrying that I am going to have a heart attack.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top