Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Joe Link, Aug 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mr Smith

Mr Smith
    54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did you get the deal with the charging handle included?

They stepped up their NiB BCG deal to include charging handles as well now for that same $89.99 price.

Mxm5q5B.png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  2. ducrider

ducrider
    Canyonville

I think mine was about a two week wait, but it was worth it, I do think they should show it’s backordered on their website, but it was worth the wait,

erslll likes this.
  3. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Nope I ordered this before that but I did order a lower part kit and last night I ordered a complete gun .
    Well almost complete the lower will go to FFL.
    The rest coming to house.

4. Mr Smith

Mr Smith

ammo I ordered a little over a week ago arrived today :)
    2 boxes of goodies.
    lots of 7.62x39, 7.62x51, .308, and .45ACP

5. erslll

erslll
    Hermiston OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I completely understand first world problems but..... There are enough companies out there that can do internet sales correct, I just don't have time for those that can't.

I am happy with my Rock River NM 2-stage triggers in my other ARs so I ordered one of those last night. It was shipped today and will be here by Monday.

P7id10T, ducrider and MilitantBEEMER like this.
  6. ducrider

ducrider
    Canyonville

Yeah, I completely understand, I do know that people do have problems with Mark LaRue and his attitude, I think it is kind of shady not to say upfront it’s backordered, I ordered it just to have as a spare and wasn’t in a hurry, but on the same note I’ve been waiting over a month for a Gcode holster, probably should of went safariland instead

erslll likes this.
  7. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Ebullient Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Not exactly a gun, but these arrived in the mail. @TeacherSmurf makes jewelry and some of them have charms.

pistola.jpg

8. BSG 75

BSG 75
    Oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

1000 rounds of American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT XM193BK ammo (it would take me 50 months to accumulate the same amount of ammo if SB 501 becomes law) $249.99 after rebate American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT Ammunition 1000rds Loose Pack - XM193BK and three extra evil "large capacity" magazines for my S&W Performance Center 15-22. Get 'em while you still can.

DSC_0019 (Medium).JPG

With all of the new gun control bills coming 2019 Firearms Legislation - Oregon Firearms Federation it is possible law-abiding gun owners in Oregon are going to be limited to 19th Century technology (the bad guys of course will still have the modern stuff) so I decided to get a cap and ball revolver to get used to the only guns our leaders (guided by The Children) will allow us to have in the future. I got a new Uberti Walker from Dixie Gun Works on sale for $389.95 RH0450 Uberti Walker Revolver

This thing is massive (15.7" overall length) and heavy (4.5 lb.):

tQp8ZNB.jpg
    hqjNhlU.jpg

along with some of the things necessary to shoot it with (before the Oregon Legislature bans or limits those too)

DSC_0033 (Medium).JPG

Here it is after I removed the bluing from the cylinder and polished it (original Colt Walker cylinders were bare metal "in the white") and cleaned up the brass trigger guard:

wqJnA13.jpg
    GXVXOjn.jpg

Next stop is shipping it to Goons Gun Works for a full service package Services — Goons Gun Works

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 6:32 PM
    P7id10T, spreezeye, Pandaz3 and 3 others like this.
  9. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Hey @AndyinEverson lol .

10. s1xty7

s1xty7
    Southern Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

BSG, you pushed me off the fence. I ordered 2000 rounds of XM193 and 20 PMAGs from PSA. $299 for 1000 rounds and 10 PMAGs at this link: Federal 5.56 NATO 55gr FMJ-BT 1000 Rounds Ammunition & Ten Magpul PMAG 30 5.56x45mm Magazines

That price is after rebate. I might have to order one of those deals, or similar, each month for a while with all the proposed legislation.

Also some CCI Quiets to replace the 22lr I shot yesterday. Oh, and a Howard Leight hearing band. The one Hickok45 uses. Figured I'd give it a try when shooting with a stock that doesn't fit my earmuffs well. He's been using it for years and seems to like it. It was $6 so no harm in trying it out.

BSG 75, MilitantBEEMER and Pandaz3 like this.
  11. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo
    Vancouver, WA

Nice looking Walker there. And you are historically correct about the cylinder being in the white and they are fun to shoot. But for a replacement for a modern handgun there are better choices IMO. I have a Walker and I rarely shoot it just because of the size and weight of the thing. More practical (I own all of these and they are all replicas) are the 1858 Remington(3), the 1860 Colt, the 1851 Colt(3) and the Rogers and Spencer for use instead of a modern handgun. I like the feel of the 1851 & 1860 Colts and my Euroarms .36 1858 which is built on a smaller frame than the .44's and feels in hand more like an 1851 Colt. I have read that Ruger modeled their Old Army after the Rogers & Spencer which was the most advanced of the cap and ball revolvers and the last new cap and ball revolver design before cartridge guns were introduced. Of course this is just my opinion which is worth just what you paid for it.

P7id10T and Pandaz3 like this.
  12. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay
    Ocean Park, WA

I picked up a Kel Tec p32 for $150

keltefd.jpg

MilitantBEEMER and Pandaz3 like this.
  13. TheRedlines

TheRedlines
    Shady Cove

Memberships,
    National Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America
    2nd Amendment Foundation
    Oregon Firearms Federation
    Jews for the Preservation of firearms

We have a giant fight on our hands. This year is looking to be very ugly and we all need to jump in with everything we have.

F2CMaDMaXX, Pete F, P7id10T and 7 others like this.
  14. Mr Smith

Mr Smith

Ordered 2 muzzle brakes today. They were on sale and future rifles need muzzle devices!

And yesterday I picked up a grind to fit limbsaver recoil pad for my over/under shotgun and a couple hogue grips for ARs from sportco.

Speaking of sportco... I have decided that I will never ever buy ammo from them after seeing that it is all marked up by about 75%

15. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay
    Ocean Park, WA

Bought a Marlin Model 336 30-30 with a set of RCBS 30-30 dies, pack 50 Hornady Cases, and another 50 once fired Hornady cases

rest.jpg

total Price $206

Pete F, P7id10T, s1xty7 and 5 others like this.
  16. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice rifle and what a great buy...I hope to stumble on a older 336 someday.
    I wish you many years of good shooting with that Marlin.
    Andy

P7id10T likes this.
  17. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay
    Ocean Park, WA

Thanks Andy:)

AndyinEverson likes this.
  18. TheRedlines

TheRedlines
    Shady Cove

Incredible find. I absolutely cherish my ‘58 336SC although I spent almost 2 1/2 times your find for it 20 some years ago. I might have overspent but I’ll never be sorry. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Pandaz3 likes this.
  19. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay
    Ocean Park, WA

If I read the serial number correctly on mine it has a c prefix making the year of manufacture 1946 a C space 4 digit SN starting with 17

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:50 PM
  20. TheRedlines

TheRedlines
    Shady Cove

That makes it one of the earliest examples of the 336. One of the first few made after the war. I am not a collector but you can bet I’d find a way to keep her a nice comfy spot in my safe. What a steal!