JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Canceled the Larue MBT trigger I ordered for my build. Apparently they are back ordered 3-5 weeks. No mention of this on their site. No mention when you check out. No mention when you get an email confirmation. Ordered last Friday and realized this morning that I hadn't got a shipped email/tracking number yet. Went and checked on my order online and says "Back Ordered". When I emailed them, they replied with the 3-5 week back order info and told me because the triggers/sale was so popular they were charging for them at the time of order (which they did to me) not at the time of shipment. I am not here to loan them money free of charge and the fact that they could not inform me in any way, shape or form is just ridiculous in this day and age.

Honestly, I would have really liked to try the trigger and I'm not in that big of a hurry but that is not how I want to be treated as a customer and will not support their business. Maybe I'm over reacting though. :s0092:
I think mine was about a two week wait, but it was worth it, I do think they should show it's backordered on their website, but it was worth the wait,

I think mine was about a two week wait, but it was worth it, I do think they should show it's backordered on their website, but it was worth the wait,

I completely understand first world problems but..... There are enough companies out there that can do internet sales correct, I just don't have time for those that can't.

I am happy with my Rock River NM 2-stage triggers in my other ARs so I ordered one of those last night. It was shipped today and will be here by Monday.

I completely understand first world problems but..... There are enough companies out there that can do internet sales correct, I just don't have time for those that can't.

I am happy with my Rock River NM 2-stage triggers in my other ARs so I ordered one of those last night. It was shipped today and will be here by Monday.
Yeah, I completely understand, I do know that people do have problems with Mark LaRue and his attitude, I think it is kind of shady not to say upfront it's backordered, I ordered it just to have as a spare and wasn't in a hurry, but on the same note I've been waiting over a month for a Gcode holster, probably should of went safariland instead

Not exactly a gun, but these arrived in the mail. @TeacherSmurf makes jewelry and some of them have charms.

pistola.jpg

1000 rounds of American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT XM193BK ammo (it would take me 50 months to accumulate the same amount of ammo if SB 501 becomes law) $249.99 after rebate American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT Ammunition 1000rds Loose Pack - XM193BK.

With all of the new gun control bills coming 2019 Firearms Legislation - Oregon Firearms Federation it is possible law-abiding gun owners in Oregon are going to be limited to 19th Century technology (the bad guys of course will still have the modern stuff) so I decided to get a cap and ball revolver to get used to the only guns our leaders (guided by The Children) will allow us to have in the future. I got a new Uberti Walker from Dixie Gun Works on sale for $389.95 RH0450 Uberti Walker Revolver

This thing is massive (15.7" overall length) and heavy (4.5 lb.):

tQp8ZNB.jpg
hqjNhlU.jpg

along with some of the things necessary to shoot it with (before the Oregon Legislature bans or limits those too)

DSC_0033 (Medium).JPG

Here it is after I removed the bluing from the cylinder and polished it (original Colt Walker cylinders were bare metal "in the white") and cleaned up the brass trigger guard:

wqJnA13.jpg
GXVXOjn.jpg

Next stop is shipping it to Goons Gun Works for a full service package Services — Goons Gun Works

Last Edited:
1000 rounds of American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT XM193BK ammo (it will take me 50 months to accumulate the same amount of ammo if SB 501 becomes law) $249.99 after rebate American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT Ammunition 1000rds Loose Pack - XM193BK and three extra evil "large capacity" magazines for my S&W Performance Center 15-22. Get 'em while you still can.

View attachment 537080

With all of the new gun control bills coming 2019 Firearms Legislation - Oregon Firearms Federation it is possible law-abiding gun owners in Oregon are going to be limited to 19th Century technology (the bad guys of course will still have the modern stuff) so I decided to get a cap and ball revolver to get used to the only guns our leaders (guided by The Children) will allow us to have in the future. I got a new Uberti Walker from Dixie Gun Works on sale for $389.95 RH0450 Uberti Walker Revolver

View attachment 537082
View attachment 537083

along with some of the things necessary to shoot it with (before the Oregon Legislature bans or limits those too)

View attachment 537084

Here it is after I removed the bluing from the cylinder and polished it (original Colt Walker cylinders were bare metal "in the white") and cleaned up the brass trigger guard:

View attachment 537085
View attachment 537086

Next stop is shipping it to Goons Gun Works for a full service package Services — Goons Gun Works
Hey @AndyinEverson lol .

BSG, you pushed me off the fence. I ordered 2000 rounds of XM193 and 20 PMAGs from PSA. $299 for 1000 rounds and 10 PMAGs at this link: Federal 5.56 NATO 55gr FMJ-BT 1000 Rounds Ammunition & Ten Magpul PMAG 30 5.56x45mm Magazines

That price is after rebate. I might have to order one of those deals, or similar, each month for a while with all the proposed legislation.

Also some CCI Quiets to replace the 22lr I shot yesterday. Oh, and a Howard Leight hearing band. The one Hickok45 uses. Figured I'd give it a try when shooting with a stock that doesn't fit my earmuffs well. He's been using it for years and seems to like it. It was $6 so no harm in trying it out.

1000 rounds of American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT XM193BK ammo (it would take me 50 months to accumulate the same amount of ammo if SB 501 becomes law) $249.99 after rebate American Eagle 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT Ammunition 1000rds Loose Pack - XM193BK and three extra evil "large capacity" magazines for my S&W Performance Center 15-22. Get 'em while you still can.

View attachment 537080

View attachment 537082
View attachment 537083

View attachment 537084

View attachment 537085
View attachment 537086

Nice looking Walker there. And you are historically correct about the cylinder being in the white and they are fun to shoot. But for a replacement for a modern handgun there are better choices IMO. I have a Walker and I rarely shoot it just because of the size and weight of the thing. More practical (I own all of these and they are all replicas) are the 1858 Remington(3), the 1860 Colt, the 1851 Colt(3) and the Rogers and Spencer for use instead of a modern handgun. I like the feel of the 1851 & 1860 Colts and my Euroarms .36 1858 which is built on a smaller frame than the .44's and feels in hand more like an 1851 Colt. I have read that Ruger modeled their Old Army after the Rogers & Spencer which was the most advanced of the cap and ball revolvers and the last new cap and ball revolver design before cartridge guns were introduced. Of course this is just my opinion which is worth just what you paid for it.

Memberships,
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
Oregon Firearms Federation
Jews for the Preservation of firearms

We have a giant fight on our hands. This year is looking to be very ugly and we all need to jump in with everything we have.

Ordered 2 muzzle brakes today. They were on sale and future rifles need muzzle devices!

And yesterday I picked up a grind to fit limbsaver recoil pad for my over/under shotgun and a couple hogue grips for ARs from sportco.

Speaking of sportco... I have decided that I will never ever buy ammo from them after seeing that it is all marked up by about 75%

If I read the serial number correctly on mine it has a c prefix making the year of manufacture 1946 a C space 4 digit SN starting with 17
That makes it one of the earliest examples of the 336. One of the first few made after the war. I am not a collector but you can bet I'd find a way to keep her a nice comfy spot in my safe. What a steal!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top