JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did change the barrel witch I do with all my Glocks the sites are good on this one it comes with night sites I will probably change some other stuff as I go through the gun decide what I need to change

It's pretty cool it sits flush with the slide and has the cup and has different rifling than a stock Glock barrel
First 2 picture are stock barrel the other 2 picture are the AGENCY ARMS BARREL MVIMG_20180317_161306.jpg MVIMG_20180317_161258.jpg MVIMG_20180317_161355.jpg MVIMG_20180317_161404.jpg

• Ordered assorted defense type shotshells including Aguilla shorties from Cabellas for testing in my new KSG
  • Bought 2 bricks of CCI mini mags from Bi-Mart
  • Bought a pair of BX-50's for my 10/22 from Cabellas
  • A pair of ammo cans filed with 420 rounds of XM-193 on stripper clips (last week's Palmetto State Armory deal)
  • Ordered an Alien Gear 3.0 Shapeshifter IWB holster (they upgraded to the not yet announced 3.5 for free :) )

Finally could not stand it any more and pulled the trigger on a Ruger PC Carbine! Will ship tomorrow so should be here in a week. Going to be like a kid at Christmas when I get it and run to the range! I told one of the kids I work with I bought it he has been wanting to shoot with me. I told him I would let him if he promised not to cry when an old man who can't see out shoots him :) From what I hear kid is a good shot so I'm sure it will be the other way around but fun had by all.

Finally could not stand it any more and pulled the trigger on a Ruger PC Carbine! Will ship tomorrow so should be here in a week. Going to be like a kid at Christmas when I get it and run to the range! I told one of the kids I work with I bought it he has been wanting to shoot with me. I told him I would let him if he promised not to cry when an old man who can't see out shoots him :) From what I hear kid is a good shot so I'm sure it will be the other way around but fun had by all.

Let us know how well you like it, and, yes, pictures ARE required.

Well I've been away from this site for a while, but my gun collection hasn't gotten any smaller...

So I suppose I should catch up.

My Vepr-12 has undergone a transformation of sorts to become more shoulder friendly and 922(r) compliant at the same time.

Also some of it was done not only for compliance, but to prevent bodily injury caused by high recoil and poor rough design...

Vepr-12 parts replaced/added:

1. Hogue pistol grip (stock Russian one was hard plastic junk and +1x 922r part)
  2. The factory Russian fixed tube stock was hard, uncomfortable, and angled downwards like a typical AK/RPK and that had to go.
    1. Drilled out the pins holding the fixed stock to the rear trunion and removed the old stock
    2. did some filing and installed a rear receiver plate adapter that gets held in by the pistol grip nut and corrects the angle of the receiver.
    3. installed an AK to M4 style folding stock adapter
    4. installed a buffer tube, castle nut, and M4/AR15 backplate
    5. installed a recoil reduction AR15 style stock (made in Israel so not 922(r) compliant)
  3. Replaced Russian gas piston (puck) with USA made gas piston (does absolutely nothing other than give another 922(r) compliance part)
  4. Replaced the plastic hand guards with a "chaos quad rail" aluminum railed hand guard. for future mounting of optics and grip (+1 922(r) part)
    1. installed magpul angled grip to the bottom rail
  5. Installed USA made OEM GK-01 style muzzle brake (+1x 922(r) part)
    1. Installed USA made threaded 'modified' choke
  6. picked up an ALG AKT-EL trigger group from rainier arms and modified it to fit the vepr-12 (+3x 922(r) parts)
    1. These triggers were made for AK47 variants and not made for AK/RPK style shotguns
    2. Had to grind the right side of the base of the hammer shorter, had to grind the cam lobe off the front bottom of the hammer. Had to grind the tail off the disconnector to clear the safety selector (was catching on it not allowing the selector to move) Had to very carefully grind, file, and polish the top edge of the hammer and file the edge of the disconnector because the disconnector was catching the hammer and not releasing it when the trigger was released. basically the disconnector was holding the hammer 100% of the time and should only hold the hammer when the trigger is pulled and the hammer is reset while the trigger is still pulled. When the trigger is released, the disconnector should release the hammer to the trigger hook. (note if you modify this yourself as I did, be extremely careful...if you take too much material off, you can end up making an illegal and unsafe fire control group that wont reliably disconnect after a shot is taken)
    3. had to grind the top of the trigger hook a bit narrower on both sides somewhat making an arrow or pyramid shape to clear the bolt carrier and bolt that needs to slide over it.
    4. reprofiled, smoothed, and polished the hammer face to allow the bolt/carrier to glide over the hammer easier to improve function and reliability especially with lighter loads (helps reliably cycle 3 dram birdshot without stovepipes)
  7. bought 5x Russian 10rd magazines for it.
  8. added a charging handle cover/grip...it's a round aluminum cover that has a set screw to hold it on. Makes a much nicer handle than the stock metal hook
The Vepr-12 only needs 5x 922(r) compliance parts. I put in 7. originally thought I had enough till I realized my stock furniture was made in israel when I got it (website did not disclose country of origin) so I did the fire control group after a fire test with 3" magnums and the stock trigger taking a chunk out of my finger during the recoil...so it gained 3 more 922(r) parts from the fire control group to solve the trigger biting problem, give it just a nicer trigger all around, and solve the compliance being a part short.

Also recently got into trap shooting, so that started a bit of buying...

bought a Champion workhorse automatic trap thrower for use at the range I am a member at (SVRC)
tons of clay target boxes from wally world
12v 18ah deep cycle battery for the trap

also a couple buddies and I like to go to the local trap and skeet range...but they frown upon using my vepr-12 shotgun for trap shooting and only allow loading 1 round at a time for trap or 2 for skeet/5-stand and don't allow box mags...

Soo...rather than borrowing my buddies shotgun all the time when we go, I got myself a new CZ Drake O/U shotgun to see if I like over/unders and to see if I like the sport. Shotgun wasn't much of an investment compared to most over/unders...picked it up for just over $600 out the door brand new with limbsaver recoil pad.

Though I'm already considering returning/selling that slip on recoil pad and getting a kickeez custom replacement pad for it to sand down to fit. Really the only option other than slip on pads since no one makes pre-fitted pads for CZ (huglu) over/under shotguns.

I must say though...I really like shooting that vepr for trap instead of that O/U..

25-50 rounds out of the O/U and my shoulder is sore..

200+ rounds out of the vepr-12 and I can go another 200+ more no sweat. After the recoil reduction stock and the muzzle brake, the vepr kicks about like a 5.56 AR-15 now with absolutely no muzzle rise...not bad for a 12 gauge shotgun.

Everybody loves pictures so here we go:
Before:
DnTGxtm.png
After:
ujh3CgT.jpg
U3KpZfX.jpg
This one shows the brake a little better but still kinda hard to see.
NFtP56S.png

and finally my CZ:
y4IvFu2.jpg
KXyfynm.jpg

Well I had these in the mail when I got home last night Glock MAG base +2 LOL YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS I have to go buy 4 more mag'sView attachment 441695

Have they made these any easier to put on? I bought a couple of those back during the great ban. Bought a PCC that took Glock mags and some G17 mags. I bought a couple of these and when I looked at trying to put them on I could see no way to do it. Bought a couple factory happy sticks that had them on their already. Looking at them it seemed like they must have some kind of jigs to put those damn things on. I ended up giving those I had away to a Glock owner.

Well, got my FAB Defense mag-carrier grip in finally, and tested. Mags don't drop free, but since this thing's meant to HOLD them until you pull 'em to shove up the magwell that might be a good thing. (Seriously, even the D60 had to be pulled out, though I didn't test it loaded...)

Have they made these any easier to put on? I bought a couple of those back during the great ban. Bought a PCC that took Glock mags and some G17 mags. I bought a couple of these and when I looked at trying to put them on I could see no way to do it. Bought a couple factory happy sticks that had them on their already. Looking at them it seemed like they must have some kind of jigs to put those damn things on. I ended up giving those I had away to a Glock owner.
There really easy if you have the tool IMG_20180320_133131.jpg

You just sqeez the sides of the mag press the little button down on the bottom slide the bottom off replace the spring bottom that comes with them and slide the new one on lol yep it's that simple heheH lol not really it's a little bit of work but I have done a few so IMG_20180320_133556.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top