JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that I'm getting ahead on guns, I'm about to leave one in the bedroom, one on me and one in the safe. That should cover all options.

I carry a mini-9 all day, plus two spare mag's. I have a very well hidden, Beretta 92, in easy reach of my recliner and a single pistol safe, with a barrel lock, shackled to the recliner. That's if I'm gone or the grand kids are over.
My carry pistol is my night stand weapon and there is a short 12ga in a ShotLoc safe in the walk in closet! It's filled with 3" #4 Buck!:D

1 loaded and with me at all times, usually a snubby revolver or sometimes my 9mm semi auto, All others are secured and locked up. At night the revolver goes on the wife's night stand and the P89 goes on mine. No kids and few visitors so no worries there.

Most of modern guns are in my safe.
My "housegun" is kept ready and available , usually in a handy
but out of sight place.

For those of you who are thinking of getting a traditional muzzle loader , most safes I have seen , don't work very well.
The slot, which holds the gun in place is often not wide enough for most flintlocks and many percussion lock guns to go in and out of the safe , without marring the gun next to it.

During hunting season I may keep whatever I am hunting with out of the safe.
If visitors are coming over and I do not know them very well , then guns are in the safe or out of sight.
Guns are in the safe if I am ever gone for a extended time as well.
Andy

When the kids boyfriend comes over its the reverse of everyone above:D

I start pulling out guns and leave them around unloaded so he can see them every now and then, never the same spots and never loaded unless it's my carry.:p

He is a timid kid so I can't have fun scarring him or he may run off so I have to stick with subtle warnings.o_O

Most of modern guns are in my safe.
My "housegun" is kept ready and available , usually in a handy
but out of sight place.

For those of you who are thinking of getting a traditional muzzle loader , most safes I have seen , don't work very well.
The slot, which holds the gun in place is often not wide enough for most flintlocks and many percussion lock guns to go in and out of the safe , without marring the gun next to it.

During hunting season I may keep whatever I am hunting with out of the safe.
If visitors are coming over and I do not know them very well , then guns are in the safe or out of sight.
Guns are in the safe if I am ever gone for a extended time as well.
Andy

Put those old smokers in gun socks.

Then you can stack'em the safe like cord wood. ;)

When the kids boyfriend comes over its the reverse of everyone above:D
I start pulling out guns and leave them around unloaded so he can see them every now and then, never the same spots and never loaded unless it's my carry.:p

He is a timid kid so I can't have fun scarring him or he may run off so I have to stick with subtle warnings.o_O
Put a post-it note with his name on it on the biggest one.

Okay, I'll admit I do keep a few guns lying around the house. Some in the junk drawer:

guns-buyback.jpg

And a few on the dining room table:

huge-pile-of-guns-via-washington-post-com.png

Only my carry weapon is outside of a safe. It only goes in the safe if I am leaving home without it, which isnt often. I dont have kids and hardly any guests so I don't need to lock them up. I do though just incase the house is broken into by a neighborhood kid or someone. Don't want to be on the news about a kid shooting themselves or someone else with my gun.

Really I get a kick out these threads.
Makes me feel smart for moving.
So many guns over here you would have to be pretty stupid to break in a house.
Then everyone would figure out who it was anyway.

One guy in Sequim did this. Every time (at least weekly) he got a new rifle in he bought a sock for it cause everything in the safe was touching already.
Then he switched to bore stores

I may just consider heading your way one of these days. That is, unless the State of Jefferson comes into play...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top