JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The great grandkids aren't brought over anymore. All other relatives are grown and live out of town. And only our like minded gun totin friends drop in... so yes, I have guns stashed all over the house, loaded, the semis have one in the tube; no use to me if I have to rack a slide; home invasions go too fast; we have had home invasions even in this little town.

Am I paranoid? No, just looking at the real possibilities. Now I feel pretty safe in my house. And both my wife and I are trained self-defense shooters.

My wife's father lives in small town ohio on a huge farm. He has guns all over his house. All over! If you look behind any door there you'll find 3-5 rifles.
Most of them are .22s be picks up at auctions.

Me. I have a pistol in my room high in the closet, one up high in the kitchen, and one in my car.

I have small children, but in aonther year I'm going to have to figure something out.
Probably a small single gun combo safe for quick access.
One in each area. I also want a an AR shotlock in my bedroom closet.

Once kids get old enough to walk they can amaze you how much they can get into.

My address is 1234 Gullible lane, Nowhere WA and you can find loaded firearms in my kitchen, bedroom, mud room and the safe is located in the basement (combination 23-65-78)

Oh I've got lots of new electronics and some gold around too.... So glad I had an opportunity to share this on the internet.

Other than the AC/Heating guys, no one has been in my house but my wife and me since 2008. We are anti-social period. Bars on the windows and doors. Alarms. Rabid Goldfish! Gongs! Sabers and Bayonets! Thumbtacks! Old computer parts. The neighbor has a dog! Streetlights!
Swat team! You don't want to come here for any reason! Oh and Guns galore...so common I forgot about them....and they are all loaded and ready to shoot.

That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want my neighbors and looky loos knowing I have firearms.
When I go hunting or to the range I back my car up to the garage and make sure no one is driving by when I put the gunbag in the car.
Even when I brought my safe home I backed my trailer up to the garage and had it covered with a tarp. Wheeled it out and straight in the garage.
Same reason I don't put stickers or likewise on my car.
I don't want anyone thinking it's a good place to find a truck gun. (Which it is)

That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want my neighbors and looky loos knowing I have firearms.
When I go hunting or to the range I back my car up to the garage and make sure no one is driving by when I put the gunbag in the car.
Even when I brought my safe home I backed my trailer up to the garage and had it covered with a tarp. Wheeled it out and straight in the garage.
Same reason I don't put stickers or likewise on my car.
I don't want anyone thinking it's a good place to find a truck gun. (Which it is)
Same exact way. Its never made sense to me to advertise even on the inside you wouldn't know we owned guns.

I say if you want to stash guns all over the house thats fine but Id suggest them in quick access safes or somehow secured, but my thought is that if I felt I needed to stash that many guns all over I'd just carry at home on my person or move... motion alarm systems are cheaper than guns nowadays.

I live alone and I keep mine secured unless they're on me or I'm working on one. I have stashed them around the house in previous homes that I've lived in but they were always in a lock box. How bad would it suck to come home from work or something and be shot by a bad guy with your own gun? Yes yes, I know you've got a double secret ninja stealth hiding place that nobody will ever find. :rolleyes: For your sake I hope your right. Professional thieves know where to look for things. And again, how much would it suck to get shot with your own gun? :confused:

I think this thread has come down to more or less 3 things:

1. Do you have kids or ones that visit?

2. How likely is it your house will be broken into?

3. Locked up or hidden.

I live in one of those 4 foot chain link fence in the back yard type neighborhoods and have people on each side of my house and behind me that work from home, as well as 3-4 retired folks that just like to be nosy about the goings on around our little area of the suburbs.

My house also sits above the rest and all of my bushes are trimmed back around the house. Between location, neighbors home, a fairly elaborate security system (perks of installing them for years) and a dog you would have to be a super ninja to get in my house let alone out with anything before at least one of my neighbors called the cops and headed over with a rifle to see WTH (as they know I only use 1 person to 'let my dog out' if I'm away for more then a few hours and would know his rig).

Could I be broken into? Sure, there is always a possibility but after spending a stint in the security and alarm biz I think I am about as hard of a target, without having a gated entry and razor wire on the fence which would stand out like a sore thumb in my area, as I can make it. So many other places with much more privacy to break into and they are only a block away.

I still keep them locked or on me.

With alarm services as reasonably priced as they are these days, I cannot understand why everyone does not have an alarm system. We were broken into twice in two years and that did it for me.

I have an alarm system on my house, my shop / office and 2 commercial buildings. They are very functional and work quite well, with text and e mail notifications of entry exit, motion sensors, and smoke sensors. The equipment for the house was $ 539, and you install it yoursef. Wireless and cellular based. Monitoring cost is $ 24.99 a month. It works fine. I have set it off a couple of times myself. You can turn it off and on from your phone or computer anywhere you are.

Peace of mind for sure.

We have a loaded, concealed but readily accessible handgun in every room of my house except bathrooms. That's one in the living room, dining room and family room, by the front and back doors along with one on top of and in each nightstand, and a rifle in the BR walk-in closet. We make adjustments for visitors or kiddos case by case.

Dude, the crapper is where you're most vulnerable... In Pulp Fiction, the hit man (played by John Travolta) left his Uzi on the kitchen counter and Bruce Willis' character came in and shot him with it while droppin' the kids off at the pool... but I suppose you COULD just throw your poo, or challenge them to a "sword fight".

:D

Last Edited:
I keep my guns all secured in the safe but a 16 YO with a crowbar and some free time can do some substantial damage. I embarrass my 16YO enough that he wont bring his friends over to the house. Thats a good thing I suppose as if you get robbed of guns especially its usually someone who knows your kids .

I keep my guns all secured in the safe but a 16 YO with a crowbar and some free time can do some substantial damage. I embarrass my 16YO enough that he wont bring his friends over to the house. Thats a good thing I suppose as if you get robbed of guns especially its usually someone who knows your kids .

thats one example why even on the inside you wouldnt know we had guns....

I keep a Taurus 605 (357) revolver in the bathroom with two speed loaders and half a box of spare ammo to go along. Almost as good as extra fiber or coffee.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top