JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude, the crapper is where you're most vulnerable... In Pulp Fiction, the hit man (played by John Travolta) left his Uzi on the kitchen counter and Bruce Willis' character came in and shot him with it while droppin' the kids off at the pool... but I suppose you COULD just throw your poo, or challenge them to a "sword fight".

:D
Come on
Vince Vega and Butch

Dude, the crapper is where you're most vulnerable... In Pulp Fiction, the hit man (played by John Travolta) left his Uzi on the kitchen counter and Bruce Willis' character came in and shot him with it while droppin' the kids off at the pool... but I suppose you COULD just throw your poo, or challenge them to a "sword fight".

:D

You don't bring a gun to go poo?

Next you'll tell me you don't bring one with you when you shower? o_O
Hey you need to clean them don't you? :D

I don't think I could get off that porcelain even if I hear the front door open, for me I would hope I could solve the problem from a sitting position, bring enough magazines (Both kind) into the facilities for the long haul cause you never know when you'll be detained there for an hour...

I have a handgun on me or next to me all day. Either my G-43, G26, or G-23. It's the only gun out of my safe. And it's always under my control. Or it goes back into the safe. If I get up the gun goes with me. Off to bed it goes with.

I have several safes in the house. So a rifle, shotgun or another handgun is just seconds away.

I don't have guns unsecured, spread and hidden all around the house.
But I read post's about folks that do. [Ya. You know who you are]:s0108: And wonder what advantage would outweigh the potential negatives?

Anyways how do you guys feel about unsecured. Or secured guns?

You may not have time to unlock your safe and get your weapon. Mine are scattered throughout the house, upstairs and downstairs. Someone coming in aren't going to find them right away, but I will, so it's to my advantage; there's really no negatives since I don't have little kids running amok. I have just handguns scattered around. Unless you live in a castle, rifles are too difficult to maneuver in house combat; you only see that in the movies. A handgun is small and you can run, jump and roll with a hand gun not disturbing your stride. I'm a martial artist so I think of those things. Like I said, there's no negatives in hiding handguns around the house. In this day and age, I am thinking of pocketing my small NAA .22 mag handgun, just like I would my pocket knife.
I would advice having a couple of high capacity magazines for your handgun. I have 15 round magazines for my handgun.

Sifu

Awake, gun on the belt. Asleep, gun within half an arms reach. Driveway alarms, house and shop alarms. I have had tweakers think they can walk down my rural driveway to ask me directions to the local drug house. The are ordered to stop well over 30 feet away. Wife usually has to grab the Aussie or Shepard to keep them from ripping the tweakers face off if they don't stop. This happens in seconds so no time to " go get" a gun.

I have hand guns hidden in two spots in my house and shop. Long guns in the safe with the combo set to spin to one number. 12 gauge by the bed. That is locked up when the grand kids are there.

Do not let rural or isolated locations think you are safe from intrusion or invasion. I have a cellular based alarm system that texts me when anything happens at home. Next up is a surveillance system with remote access.

I had to call 911 today to report an accident I saw happen. It was over 4 minutes before the call was answered. No going to be any different at any of our houses.
Awake, gun on the belt. Asleep, gun within half an arms reach. Driveway alarms, house and shop alarms. I have had tweakers think they can walk down my rural driveway to ask me directions to the local drug house. The are ordered to stop well over 30 feet away. Wife usually has to grab the Aussie or Shepard to keep them from ripping the tweakers face off if they don't stop. This happens in seconds so no time to " go get" a gun.

I have hand guns hidden in two spots in my house and shop. Long guns in the safe with the combo set to spin to one number. 12 gauge by the bed. That is locked up when the grand kids are there.

Do not let rural or isolated locations think you are safe from intrusion or invasion. I have a cellular based alarm system that texts me when anything happens at home. Next up is a surveillance system with remote access.

I had to call 911 today to report an accident I saw happen. It was over 4 minutes before the call was answered. No going to be any different at any of our houses.

There's truth in the saying, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
Imagine if our guns are taken away, then we become sheep for the slaughter.

Sifu

I have a child in the house, so if it's not on me, it is locked up.
You should have it where you can get to it quickly. How about a trigger lock? Then place the gun where you might need it, in a quickly accessible spot and wear a paracord bracelet with the key attached securely. Just a thought. I understand a good quality trigger lock is impossible to take off.
Sifu

You should have it where you can get to it quickly. How about a trigger lock? Then place the gun where you might need it, in a quickly accessible spot and wear a paracord bracelet with the key attached securely. Just a thought. I understand a good quality trigger lock is impossible to take off.
Sifu

IMO spend the money and get a quality analog (not digital with a backup key for when the battery dies) handgun safe and bolt it where you want it - you get what you pay for.

I can have my gun out of my safe in under 2 seconds - if I don't have 2 seconds to be armed and ready to fight then I did not do my due diligence in being aware of my surroundings...

Sifu

Oh, I didn't say they weren't accessible, just that they were locked up...;)

You may not have time to unlock your safe and get your weapon. Mine are scattered throughout the house, upstairs and downstairs. Someone coming in aren't going to find them right away, but I will, so it's to my advantage; there's really no negatives since I don't have little kids running amok. I have just handguns scattered around. Unless you live in a castle, rifles are too difficult to maneuver in house combat; you only see that in the movies. A handgun is small and you can run, jump and roll with a hand gun not disturbing your stride. I'm a martial artist so I think of those things. Like I said, there's no negatives in hiding handguns around the house. In this day and age, I am thinking of pocketing my small NAA .22 mag handgun, just like I would my pocket knife.
I would advice having a couple of high capacity magazines for your handgun. I have 15 round magazines for my handgun.

Sifu

I think there may be a hole or to in your theories?

First off. I don't need time to unlock my safe. As I said in the first sentence of my post.
I always have a gun with me. ;)
How many guns should I have in my hands? I can only shoot one. :s0140:

And I can think of many. But one negative to having guns scattered about the house is getting them stolen more easily. It's your choice. But would that not be a negative?

Also a rifle is too difficult to maneuver in house combat? And they are only seen doing that in movies?
Really? You do know your trained to clear houses with a rifle in the military don't you?
Is the Army a movie? If so It was a strange one for me. Cause I could feel it!

As to running jumping and rolling around with my guns. I to trained in martial arts for years.
And would consider anyone well trained with a Long gun or Handgun an extremely dangerous martial artist! Even if they cant do cartwheels when shooting. :D

First off. I don't need time to unlock my safe. As I said in the first sentence of my post.

And I can think of many. But one negative to having guns scattered about the house is getting them stolen more easily. It's your choice. But would that not be a negative?

Also a rifle is too difficult to maneuver in house combat? And they are only seen doing that in movies?
Really? You do know your trained to clear houses with a rifle in the military don't you?

As to running jumping and rolling around with my guns. I to trained in martial arts for years.
And would consider anyone well trained with a Long gun or Handgun an extremely dangerous martial artist! Even if they cant do cartwheels when shooting. :D

Oh, come on!

With 10 round max mags as a possibility we need to start training with a handgun in each hand now:confused:.

Roll around like Antonio Banderas and then everyone's dead:D:p:rolleyes:

We all see things differently. As for getting stolen, yes I take a chance, but they're well hidden and thief's do a quick job of it, they don't stick around too long. I have older guns and the "good "one, Ruger .380, I always take with me. As for rifles, I've visualized and actually practiced with both gun and rifle in a few houses and for me, personally, I move into position quicker and get my shots off quicker with a handgun than with a rifle; go figure.
We're all on same page, in that we have guns to defend ourselves with.
Sifu;)

Oh, come on!

With 10 round max mags as a possibility we need to start training with a handgun in each hand now:confused:.

Roll around like Antonio Banderas and then everyone's dead:D:p:rolleyes:

No, I'll just take one gun with a 10 round clip and two more on my side. And oh yes, and a couple of combat knives on my sides, suitable for fighting or throwing. :)

19-year-old kid, his girlfriend, and their friends. When they turned 14, I got a safe which is in an alcove in my bedroom. I store in there, but always have a 9 at my side. I carry in the house and on the property. I am most concerned about the teenagers who might have mental issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top