JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The real question to ask is if its legal. The difference is private venues can make their own rules but its the law that matters.

In my experience in Oregon all the guns shows have prohibited loaded guns inside but Ive never seen any use metal detectors. There are sometimes police or security at the door with a gun zip tie station but Ive never been asked directly.
This.

Been going to gun shows for 4+ decades and I have NEVER been to a gun show that allowed loaded guns - period (unless you are a on duty LEO). Most (if not all) now require ANY gun brought in to have the action zip tied such that the action cannot be close or loaded (disclaimer, I haven't been to a gun show in years, but I strongly doubt they have gotten any more lax in this regard).

So I would bet cash money that carrying a concealed loaded firearm is NOT allowed.

Not arguing that - but any property owner/lessee/renter can require whether someone can have a firearm on their property. Property rights trump your rights to be armed on their property unless it is a "public space".
And if you get caught you just get asked to leave. It's that simple. No criminal charges. No arrests. If you decline you'll get trespassed.

But it up to you. We all make our own decisions. I personally couldn't care less about private property, signs, etc. If you carry correctly and conduct yourself in a respectful/tacful manner no one will be the wiser.

Last Edited:
For anyone wondering, Gun show was as expected. Lame.

There was exactly 1 vendor selling firearms. The selection was what you'd expect in a good sized gun shop.
They would not buy, trade, or facilitate private sales.
There were the normal accessories vendors. I suspect the same vendor as was selling firearms actually.
Some pretty custom leather holsters for 1911's, a bunch of crap universal holsters, flashy low quality knives, some nice knives, ammo and magazines, flashlights...
Some high quality accessories, but mostly just cheap, knockoff, black, tactical, etc wish or Alibaba quality stuff.

Firearm markup was about 20-50% on most things.
Ammo markup was 40-100%, averaging 60-70%.
Markup on other things was mostly 20-100%.

In short, it was really just a traveling gun shop that was overpriced even after paying to park and paying to get in.

Signs posted said no loaded guns except for on duty cops, but there was no checking for compliance.

For anyone wondering, Gun show was as expected. Lame.

There was exactly 1 vendor selling firearms. The selection was what you'd expect in a good sized gun shop.
They would not buy, trade, or facilitate private sales.
There were the normal accessories vendors. I suspect the same vendor as was selling firearms actually.
Some pretty custom leather holsters for 1911's, a bunch of crap universal holsters, flashy low quality knives, some nice knives, ammo and magazines, flashlights...
Some high quality accessories, but mostly just cheap, knockoff, black, tactical, etc wish or Alibaba quality stuff.

Firearm markup was about 20-50% on most things.
Ammo markup was 40-100%, averaging 60-70%.
Markup on other things was mostly 20-100%.

In short, it was really just a traveling gun shop that was overpriced even after paying to park and paying to get in.

Signs posted said no loaded guns except for on duty cops, but there was no checking for compliance.
Stuff like this is why I long ago stopped bothering to go. Really surprised so many of them still are even bothered with.

This.

Been going to gun shows for 4+ decades and I have NEVER been to a gun show that allowed loaded guns - period (unless you are a on duty LEO). Most (if not all) now require ANY gun brought in to have the action zip tied such that the action cannot be close or loaded (disclaimer, I haven't been to a gun show in years, but I strongly doubt they have gotten any more lax in this regard).

So I would bet cash money that carrying a concealed loaded firearm is NOT allowed.
Don't ask--Don't tell

My guns can't read…

IMG_4555.jpeg

If they really want to ensure no weapons are allowed in they'll have a checkpoint with metal detectors and it will be staffed with people capable of stopping someone challenging the checkpoint. Anything less is just for show, insurance/liability requirements, or some other nonsense that leaves people defenseless.

it would be kinda funny if NWFA had a get together and accidentally booked it at a place that didnt allow guns... lol.
Id guess a lot of them would leave their firearms in the car. If they brought them at all….

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top